Association Challenge Thank You

jimbo

Andrew,

I think I speak for all of the Gold Coast Association especially the players and support staff, when I say without your undying support and tireless work the event would not be nearly as successful as this year turned out to be. You and your team should be very proud of what you achieved.

To our Girls team, you once again preformed fantastically well and you should all take pride in your achievement. It is not easy to put up as a target by your competition every year and not only beat off the challengers but also do whilst displaying the sportsmanship and team spirit this event is built upon. A job well done.

To the men's team, again a fantastic effort, you all showed the toughness and heart that has become a Gold Coast tradition in this event, we more than held our own against the other teams winning all but 3 of our games.

My special thanks go out to Luke for his invaluable assistance on the lanes, and your motivational pep talk, I personally think you would make a great Team Captain, should the position become vacant, remember I am near retirement age.

To Darryl, man I do love you but not in the way you think, all weekend you stood up to the challenge and where very unlucky not to win an ALL STAR place (less than 20 pins), to be honest if we had rested you for a game on Sunday, you would have been a certainty or maybe the captain had put you in the line up on game 1, sorry mate.

To Anthony, Charlie, Ray and Craig again you guys just rock, all weekend you displayed the type of sportsmanship and team camaraderie that the Gold Coast is renowned for. It was an absolute honour to play with you all (Darryl again not what you think).

If any one has any team photo's I am willing to frame them free of charge for you, just leave them (all copies) in a sealed envelope (marked private attention Jim Murray) at Ashmore bowl. Please note that this process does take some time and it may be a few weeks, months or even years before you get them back

Jim Murray
Gold Coast Men's Captain 2009

Yes thank yor Mr Shinnie. Most of the time you knew where you were and what you were doing. (Except for those missing trophies..... Did you apologise???)

As for the team photo...... come jim how i think its a classic. Should make it you profile pic of facebook. :D:D

As i like to share i have attached it for all totalbowling members to see. and if any Gold Coast member accidently loses their team photo contact me and see if i can arrange a replacement. :)

Attachments

• Jim.jpg
    Jim.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 33
Andrew I think you should take that pic down.
We're starting to get transfer requests from some of the smaller Back-woods Country Associations.
And I dont think they require him to bowl....

Andrew

The Brisbane thing was supoosed to be kept quite, with Tony Hamilton in their team, even I look good

Jim

hey all,

thanks for another great year, it was good to see all of the old faces again and a few new faces too. much fun was had by all and not many complaints.

i hope you all enjoyed a tougher pattern and have come away better bowlers because of it. i know i learnt a few things on the weekend.

i eagerly await next year at kingaroy hopefully gold coast does well again.

also would like to congratulate the rocky men who bowled like demons on the weekend and rattled a few teams. well done guys on third place well deserved.

looking forward to next year.
cheers luko

It must be mention that Jim was one of the All Stars team. Here are the other 4 Male team members

Morty 'My thumbs tasty' Douglass
Andrew 'Where am I' Drewy
Brandon 'Princess' Qualischefski
Nathan "where do i look' Stein

Congratulation to All

Attachments

• Brando.jpg
    Brando.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 24
  • Morty (Medium).jpg
    Morty (Medium).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 27
  • Drewy (Medium).jpg
    Drewy (Medium).jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Brando (Medium).jpg
    Brando (Medium).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Nathan (Medium).jpg
    Nathan (Medium).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 25
Well done on the Gold & Sunny Coasts on your respective wins. The Sunny Coast men definatively lived up to their favourite tags and had a well deserved win.

Thank you to Andrew Shinnie and his organising crew for hosting this great event. The Association Challenge continues to be an amazing tournament to bowl in and it is something that I look forward to each year...nothing tops this form of team bowling.

Special mention must also go to the newly crowned Sir Graham Allen. Good to see more that we (Rocky) now have more Sirs then Jesters FINALLY! ;) Dale will have to be twice as nice to us this year ;)

Bring on Kingaroy in 2010....and hopefully Rocky men can rattle a few more teams there as well !

Back
Top Bottom