Are Australia in the 2010 FIFA World Cup?

ratty133

The Brow
After a very good display tonight in a 2-0 defeat of Uzbekistan, Australia now have 3 games in hand to make the world cup, with the possibility of making it overnight with a draw between Qatar and Bahrain.

Only time will tell.................

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!

So the aussie soccer team is so good they need to rely on the results of other teams to get in........interesting

Great banter from people who obviously know nothing about the greatest sport in the world and one of the only sports to be played by everyone on the planet, Unlike Aussie rules where i guess the name says it all.

And please the quote was if the game between Bahrain and Qatar was a draw Australia would not only have qualified for the World cup but would have been the first team to do so in the world Other than obviously South Africa but they Qualified by virtue of hosting the World cup in 2010.

Now it might be a little easier if it is explained this way for those who don't keep up with the goings on in the world of Football. Australia is in a group of 5 teams within Asia who have had to qualify through a previous group just to get to this point (by the way for those not in the Know we Qualify through Asia now) now each of the competing nations play each other through this group in a home and away basis so all 5 teams play 8 games home and away

Here is how the table looks at the moment

Australia played 5 games for 13 points
Japan played 5 games for 11 points
Bahrain played 6 games for 7 points
Uzbekistan played 6 games for 4 points
Qatar played 6 games for 4 points

Points are awarded 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss

Now as was stated if Bahrain and Qatar had drawn last night Australia would have Qualified for the world cup with still 3 games to play in there group, basically total domination in Asia and something rarely if at all done before in qualification for a world cup.

Last Bahrain beat Qatar 1-0 hence MATHEMATICALLY we have still not qualified but with 3 games in hand being Qatar away, Bahrain in Sydney and Japan in Melbourne i will catagorically state right now that we are as good as qualified for the 2010 FIFA World cup, we just have to wait till we pick up the final point we require to make it official.

I hope this explains it a little better for those that do not keep up with how the qualification process works in order to make the world cup.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

As long as Leeds make it from Leauge one up to the Championship i'll be happy, stuff everything else.

Back
Top Bottom