Another AMF FEC to open in Melbourne

Cant see it happening. Generally the first centre to open will be the only one. Nobody throws money away and opening 3 centers in close proximity to each other just doesn't and wont work. Good luck to whoever gets in first.

Phil

So from my vague memories of going to melbourne, isnt altona not far from there aswell? I know that its only about 10 mins drive from point cook to werribbee but i think another 10 to altona?

so would that mean 4 bowls (new pt c, amf pt c, new oztenpin and altona?) within a very small area ??

If so i agree with philby, that just isnt smart business sence and wont be sustainable long term unless the area is chock full of league bowlers?

So from my vague memories of going to melbourne, isnt altona not far from there aswell? I know that its only about 10 mins drive from point cook to werribbee but i think another 10 to altona?

so would that mean 4 bowls (new pt c, amf pt c, new oztenpin and altona?) within a very small area ??

If so i agree with philby, that just isnt smart business sence and wont be sustainable long term unless the area is chock full of league bowlers?

Yep Altona is about 10-15 mins from Point Cook.

Isn't point cook where they built a golf course designed by Greg Norman??

Maybe punting on the back of that being a success

Chuffed...

I live in Point Cook and travel to Werribee at the moment.
I can walk with my gear to and from the new centre.
Hope the bar is good;)

Matt.

Just want to check the location of the relocated Werribee Bowl.

Is the location in this picture on the very right hand side about halfway up ?
http://www.williamslanding.com.au/Files/wl-aerial-feb2011-745x590.jpg

and is it around the bottom left hand corner of this diagram ?
http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/__d...iams-Landing-updated-station-map-Aug-2011.pdf

We will be located at the drop off zone at the bottom of the page (2nd link). Palmers Rd will go right through from Williams Landing to Point Cook.

If you look at your first picture link you'll see a patch of dirt across the freeway from Willams landing. That's our location. Williams Landing's pedestrian crossing goes across the freeway and and is a stone throw from our front door. From my understanding our location is considered he entertainment precinct for Willams Landing. There is also a large hotel complex and reception centre currently being built across the road from us by another group.

(Not that this matters but..) we will also be constructing a series of restaurants, and retail outlets to compliment our investment as the land we bought is really too large for just an FEC. I know I'm rambling now, but I am just so excited about the future of our family business

Edi and sisters.

although i live in werribee but never bowled league there i wil be looking forward to the new centre.I have been bowling at keon park for a very long time because i use to live close to there which i am currently bowling super league and i now have decided to make it my last season there

At least you guys have a choice there... We have no choice, unless you want to drive 2 hours.

Wish everyone luck with the new centres... I just can't see how multiple centres so close to each other, along with all the other centres within 30 mins can survive.

PS... If anyone would like a prime location to build one down here, let me know... I have some great places for it, just not the funding :)

Wow... What an interesting time is ahead for residents and bowlers in the Point Cook, Werribee and surrounding areas....

I have just viewed the designs of the new AMF 24 Lane Family Entertainment Centre slated for inclusion in the Point Cook Shopping Centre. The designs have incorporated stunning concourse finishes and some new ancillaries (cant disclose yet) that will make this Centre the standout in Melbourne. Incorporating facilities from its successful Texas ‘Main Event’ business AMF Point Cook will provide residents in the area with a stunning facility that will enhance bowling’s reputation both from a Sport enthusiasts point of view as well as serving a variety of entertainment uses.

This with the addition of the Cinemas and the existing nightlife from current resturants within the Point Cook Town centre will make AMF Point Cook the place to be.

Can’t wait!

Brett

Back
Top Bottom