After opinions from resellers

Gnarkill

Hi everyone,

I wanted people's opinions, especially from those that run an online pro shop that ship gear in from overseas.

Scenario: A customer orders a pair of bowling shoes that are the same size as the ones they're currently wearing for league etc (same brand)
Customer receives the new shoes and it turns out they're too small (noting same brand and same size on tongue).

Whose responsibility does the replacement of those shoes lie with?
Is it with the customer (who is only in receipt of the goods - not their fault the sizes are different even if labelled the same)
Is it with the reseller (the company providing the service to the company)?
Is it with the overseas supplier?
Or is it with the shoe company (where there could be a batch of incorrectly labelled shoes or they've somehow changed their sizing)?

Interested to know peoples opinions, or even better, facts to back up your responses.

Cheers.

The customer needs to be resolved by whoever he purchased off ... It's then up to you to resolve it with who you purchased it off ... As an importer and previous distributor of many brands ... If you represent the brand in this territory the buck stops with you from your customers perspective. It's then up to you to tackle it with the manufacturer or your supplier. You really can't expect your customer to chase the resolution when they paid you. Often it means you are out of pocket for a period of time awaiting the resolution ... The pitfalls of being in business I'm afraid ... All the best.

Yep agreed. The customer is not responsible for the faulty item. He did all he could do by ordering exactly the same size shoe in the same brand and can't be held responsible. Unfortunately he's being told he has to pay for the shipping of the shoes back to the states to exchange the shoes. This just can't be right.

I agree with Sam 100%. There is info out there regarding the ACL but long story short the customer should be looked after and sometimes the in between man loses out and cops a hit.

I'd expect their QA and fit size to be very precise.

My new shoes were pretty tight when I got them. They felt too small but they were fine after two weeks.

Measure the sole length of the old and new shoes, then write to Dexter directly, explain what the issue is and ask them why the shoes might be different. Either a half size mark has worn off, they are US vs UK sizes (not sure if both are marked on Dexters) or they are just a bit tight because they are new. If the soles are the same length, on may be a wide fit or something - some Dexter types come in normal or wide fitting iirc.
I'd order another pair and sell the tight pair to someone else, fwiw.

Here's a pic of the difference from Thursday night. Although ones a Tank (new shoe) and the others an SST8 (old shoe) they're both US 13M.

I'm not convinced though Robbie that he's best just trying to sell the new shoes and order new ones. Same issue could happen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Hate to be a killjoy but depending on how much they value their customers ... They may in fact say that difference is an acceptable manufacturing tolerance :-/

Easy way around this. DON'T BUY ONLINE! There are so many good Proshop's around. We should be supporting them.

Everyone that buys online to try and save a few dollars, let this thread be a warning to you. It is very hard to return a incorrect product that where bought online. If you do end up getting a exchange, you will most likely be paying for the postage for the return as well. ( online sellers do not have to do the postage costs on exchange items. This is the customers problem)

That's the thing though, the weren't bought online (refer original post). He bought them from an Australian company that imports their equipment on a per order basis, like majority of other resellers.

Looks like the old ones are a 13 wide width and the new ones are just a normal width which could be the problem

Wasn't me. A mate bought them. Personally I don't buy shoes without trying them on. The point is, same brand and same labelled size, you could expect they'd be the same measurements.

I just today took delivery of a pair of Dexter shoes ordered from a local supplier. They came from overseas. No problems .. Perfect size and fit. Must admit that the former posts had me a little worried.

And people wonder why I hate shoes! (One dud fit and you've lost the margin from the next 2 pairs in return freight and frigging around!)

I've written to Dexter before. Complete waste of effort - they didn't even respond and I gave up after 3 attempts on behalf of the customer. Rob's advice is good advice.

Besides, ABS in Tokyo make a better product. Also sold under the 3G brand and used to sold under Dynarooz. I wear them and recommend them to anyone who is serious. Kangaroo leather, very well constructed, in-sole ventilation and very supportive and lightweight. They're a little garish, but in a fun kind of way.

I like the ABS stuff as well - I have one pair - have had them for 6 or 7 years now - looking at getting a new pair soon.

My wife has SST8's and says they are like wearing boxes, the Dynarooz (as they were when i got them) are as soft as the first day I got them.

Its a shame the the old Linds shoes are not as popular as once before they were the be & end all in bowling shoes at one time.

Buying shoes is the worst on line. You always need to check the sizing charts and ask around for others that have them.

As a number people would tell you, i made many calls to confirm sizes and measurements. then in the end repaired my old ones because i just wasn't confident with the choice. Once bitten, twice shy.

Unfortunately you have bought a different style of shoe, not the same shoe. Often if the are a special order there are statements like, if you order you take and no returns. As my first pair i bought, size 11 dexters, way to big, sold them and bought tens. i did not do my research and took it on the chin.

but that's me, never like to upset the apple cart. Your problem is finding a buyer with large feet!!!!! Common sizes go fast and are easy to sell with out loss or head ache.

But man, buying shoes on line is a right pain in the buttttt!

Back
Top Bottom