Adult Nationals Schedule

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Has there been a date change for the Adult Nationals? The TBA web site is showing 2 different dates - the web ticker says 4th to 25th and the schedule says 1st - 22nd.
And does anyone know if the Restricted Challenge is still going ahead?

Well I hope there hasn't been a date change because all of NQ have booked their flights seeing our team has been finalised.

I had to look twice myself Andrew.

I believe that I am looking at the same thing as you did. If you look closely, it is actually the 4th - 25th.

The way the schedule was laid out can be misread.

Liz

I also emailed when the schedule was first published, "where is the Classic Cup" ?. Was told, "not enough entries" !!!!!!!!
Entries were down in many events, but they havent been canned.:eek:
Hope they bring it back, it is a great event.

How do they know it won't attract enough entries this year? Entries change annually.

I know quite a few bowlers who have been looking forward to this event.

I hope TBA reconsiders their position on this.

Just take a look at the entries in past years for other competitions - one year they might be down but the next the numbers skyrocket!

Classic Cup cancelled because there wasnt enough entries? Well, Restricted also didnt have enough entries last year either. Very poor when you can bowl absolute rubbish and make the masters anyway. Makes you wonder what direction they were going at last years nationals.
2006 was great fun! Welcome Tournament, Intercentre Cup, there was always something on! Now its just a bunch of Championship blocks, Seniors and Restricted Cups...
Why change something that was working in the first place?

Why cancel Classic Cup when they are hoping to attract more entries with the revamped Restricted Challenge which hopefully will bring in more classic grade entries.

Would be nice to get a reply re Restricted Challenge as our rolloffs are this weekend and if the event is cancelled why pay out the rolloff fees?

I am also disappointed the Classic Cup has been canned. Certainly a Knee Jerk reaction because of lack of entries from last year which was the case in most events.
Going back to 2005 and 2006 we had double the male and female entries. With all the issues of Walter de Veer etc the end result was a 50% decrease in numbers.
Once again the Classic Division is losing another tournament.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I bowled the Classic Cup last year at Altona and although a depleted field, it was an excellent event, held in good spirits. For anyone wanting to step up from a Restricted status to seeing what it's like moving towards an Open status, this was a start.

I think with the demise of De Veer in the Nationals programme and the advent of Darrell Holt outside of nationals, I think the TBA event will continue to struggle to attract or re-attract bowlers. IMO. Andrew

Liz thank you for the correction, I did mis-read the schedule - my apologies to all those who had a near panic attack.

Lyn

What makes you think the restricted challenge will be cancelled. TBA has no plans to cancel this event, especially considering it is a re-vamped format.

Victoria has scheduled team trials for 10th of May, and I would be very surprised if any of the states can't find eight restricted bowlers to compete at this event.

I've been waiting for the Nationals to be closer to home and I was really looking forward to the Classic Cup...

If enough people show interest, does anyone think we can have the event reinstated?

I can safely say there would be a generous number from ACT who if eligible would bowl Classic in our home town. Any other ACT people wish to comment?

I don't know if the problem would be finding the restricted bowlers in the state, but rather ones that are prepared to put themselves forward for the TBA to knock them down again as they did with de Veer. With Darrell Holt now in place and some states not even running Restricted roll-offs, I think you will see more than one state not field a team in the Restricted.

I can safely say there would be a generous number from ACT who if eligible would bowl Classic in our home town. Any other ACT people wish to comment?

Yep count me in

bit of a let down its not in the schedule

Back
Top Bottom