A survey for you all.

1/ From our local centre manager
2/ 7.5
3/ More than 4 times.
4/ How many times in a week would you post on TotalBowling.
More than Never, less than Once (averages are tricky things)
5/ After watching closly on the Main Forum (generally the only place I routinely visit) I find that the attitude in some posts can be quite intimidating. I am left feeling that my contribution could, at best, be second rate becasue not only do I not compete in anything ever than league, I have no aspiration to other than compete at league.My contribution to the sport though is made as I fill League Executive roles in the Leagues in which I participate.
6/ All of the above and to inform myself to better converse with other bowlers about bowling.
7/ It is a good source of information
It takes a serious approach to news and events
There is also a humourous side that is fun,
8/ Very high
9/ A/ Main Forum
9/ B/ I am a bit of a lurker and enjoy watching the threads develop.
10/ The creation of a "safe" enviroment where all members feel that they can post with facing ridicule is not one that I believe the Moderators can be soley responsible for creating. I say this becuase it is about an attitude that develops within a group (read any group) when they are bonded by a common purpose. To maintain the integrity of the group members behave in ways that create barriers for other to join.
11/ Once again - find a way to introduce attitudinal change. (and perhaps a spell check)
12/ Hmmm, not an easy one to answer. I am sure that few members really grasp the role of moderator which makes commenting difficult.
13/ Just because an area does not appeal to me it does not mean it shouldn't be there.
14/ Yes

I appreciate the opportunity to air safely some of the thoughts I have had over the last 10 -12 months. I truly believe we all need to remember that there are peole with feelings at the other end the screen who read posts and wonder if they have the courage to post.

Sincerely
Janey

1/ How did you find out about TotalBowling.

Google search

2/ How would you rate TotalBowling on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best.

3/ On how many separate occasions do you look at TotalBowling with the week.

More than 4 times.

Once - this one is my first

5/ If you answered never to the above question, why and what would change for you to post.

n/a

6/ For what reason do you come to or post on TotalBowling.

To feel part of the community
Too look for ideas on products
To be kept informed about important issues.

7/ Which statements most closely describe your opinion of this website.

All of the above

8/ How do you rate the quality of information on this site?

High

9/ Thinking about sections on the site, answer the following two part question.

A/ Which section of the forum do you recall reading recently, example main forum, the lounge etc.

Main forum

B/ which was your favorite section of those you read.

Youth forum - the kids have a great attitude

10/ Which of the following would you like to see more on the site.

Ball reviews
Other

11/ If you could change one thing about the site what would it be.

Less posts by opinionated conservative elitists

12/ If you were a moderator for a day, what would be one of the things you would do.

Not much... but I'd ask some of the furniture to lighten up a bit.

13/ Is there anything on the forum that you see as useless and shouldn’t be on the forum as it is a waste of space.

Don't know enough or have enough experience to comment.

14/ Do you think that we cater for all ages with this site.

Yes

1. Friend
2. 9/10
3. More than 4 times.
4. More than 4 times
To have your say.
7. All of the above
8. High
A Main Forum, Lounge, Junior/Youth Forum
B Main Forum
International news
Ball reviews
Have video showing action from recent tournaments (seeing that TV doesn't show the action, why not show it here?)
Don't know
There's nothing that's useless, but it's a shame that some of the questions on the TBA forum aren't being answered.
14. Yes

General notes:

It's good to be able to have a say on issues without being head-hunted for sticking your neck out. The site is also a really good networking tool for bowlers to ask for advice if it is needed. Great work

1/ Friend

2/ It would have to be not on the scale because i would rate it as 11!!! I love the site!!
3/ It would have to be more than 4 times a week because im always on.
4/ My answer actually isnt in on the list because I post when I feel that i need to post like for example - when im puttin my name down for a tournament.
5/ If you answered never to the above question, why and what would change for you to post.

To be kept informed about important issues.For upcoming events.
To have your say.

It is a good source of information
It keeps me in touch with what is happening in our sport
All of the above
None of the above

Very high
High
Average
Below average

A/ Which section of the forum do you recall reading recently, example main forum, the lounge etc. It would have to be the forum that im in now which would be the main forum because that is where I found this survey.
You could say that I dont have a favourite but I do read the same forums all the time because they are the ones that best suit me and give me the information that im looking for at times.

International news
Live scores
Interviews
Ball reviews
Other

I really couldnt think of one thing that I would change because I find that the site is just right as it is for the moment. Maybe having some more interviews with not only big names but people that are coming into the ranks as there hasnt been any new ones for awhile.
12/ If you were a moderator for a day, what would be one of the things you would do.
That is a good question because honestly, I have no idea.
13/ Is there anything on the forum that you see as useless and shouldn’t be on the forum as it is a waste of space.
No

Yes
No

Internet search as I was intending to visit Adelaide for bowling competition and holiday.
2/ How would you rate TotalBowling on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best.
8.5 Always room for improvement, saying that this is the best "Tenpin Bowling" site I have come across.
At least 4 times a week.
Once, if I feel I have something to say...Have used the PM facility a lot more seeking information.
Not Applicable
As in Question One, Found the site whilst searching the internet looking for info relating to bowling tournament in Adelaide this coming March.
Members of the site have supplied almost all my needs from Accommodation, cost of taxis to the normally found league conditions at the Cross Roads, Adelaide.
The members of this site take their bowling seriously, but with fun and humour. But if something is wrong, just wait for the tidal wave of posts.
A lot of the issues faced in Australia are similar to those in the UK, so in that sense it is current and relevant to me. I believe this is why you have growing number of overseas members.
All the above.
Very high
A. Main,Bowlers interviews, Coaching Library, tech Talk, Lounge, SA local
B. Main
International news, Good threads on the Weber Cup recently
Coaching. Maybe one of your published coaches, could put regular posts from beginner thro to advanced. Don't know if GeorgeF is a coach, but he does appear to know what he is talking about.
Ball reviews. The makers are hardly going to say anything bad about their products
Chat room.. Very under used, tried numerous times, got lonely. Used it once after sending a PM to a member asking him to go to the Chat room. It was good and fast, but if its not being used, you may as well lose it.
Not a lot, you guys seem to have the job down pretty well, frankly I wonder sometimes were you get your ideas from, great job
Chatroom again.
Definitely

1. Friend

2. 8

3. More than 4 times

4. Once

6. To be kept informed about important issues, For upcoming events, To have your say.

7. All of the above

8. High

a) Main
b) undecided

10. Other

11. Its good the way it is

12. Don't know

13. No

14. Yes

1. Friend
2. 8
3. More than 4 times
4. Twice maybe 3
5. N/A
6. All of the above
7. All of the above
8. High
9. Lounge, Queensland where it all happens
10. Videos of people bowling, Profiles to fit.
11. Nothing its running smoothly
12. Ban RC, lol
13. No
14. yes

Google search. I was bored one day and did ye olde "Google thy name" trick. It linked to a thread here and the rest is history.

More than 4 times. Especially if I'm bored at work ;)

Once every few weeks or so. Whenever I need to enquire about a tournament or if I feel like I've got something to contribute. Hasn't been that much lately.

N/A

For upcoming events.
To have your say.

All of the above
None of the above

Very high
High
Average
Below average

A/ Which section of the forum do you recall reading recently, example main forum, the lounge etc.

Main forum
Junior/Youth forum
Lounge
QLD (where the action is, especially when Ronnie gets going)
NSW

QLD. See above.

International news
Live scores
Interviews
Ball reviews

All of the above. I know it's a lot of effort, but it'd be nice if the video section was updated too.

Try to get the chat room happening, maybe organise some more group chats like you did with the Aus men's rep team that time.

Repost Tonx's open letter to George ;)

The bloody Poker forum.

Yes
No

Google search

Possibly once or twice. Sometimes not at all. I used to log on much more frequently.

Never (hardly ever)

I used to find the attitude expressed in some of the posts was quite intimidating. Not sledging, not passionate, but intimidating. This is not the case in most of the posts, but it was frequent enough to stop me from posting, and resulted in my accessing the TotalBowling website less frequently.

Occasionally when I felt I could contribute to a discussion, I sent a “Personal Message”. I did this to overcome the need to “post”, and reduce the possibility that I would then be “shot down in flames”.

I don’t believe that this website caters for your average “league” bowler, and certainly not for families/novices interested in taking up bowling as a sport.

A large proportion of Australians have access to the Internet – and I don’t see why TotalBowling can’t include some general, fairly basic information designed for families, novices, and your “average League bowler”. They can certainly find some of this information by using a general search engine, but why not attract them to this site?

To be kept informed about important issues in bowling, and to find out how members of my bowling centre are going in competitions.

Whilst it provides some information as to what is happening in the sport, the most important thing is that it provides a venue for feedback from bowlers within Australia.

Average – I think it is missing some input from the most senior parts of the organisation/TBA

Victoria, Main Forum

B/ Which was your favorite section of those you read.

Information about Competitions & Results – eg Country Cup

Live scores

Ball reviews
More general coaching information (perhaps a monthly or weekly article on a specific aspect of bowling)
Sections for novices/families – general information about the sport, indicative costs, types of ball, general tips, where to find out about leagues or “fun” competitions

Encourage novices, families, and general league bowlers to access the site – by providing sections focused at their level

I think you are doing a good job. Congratulations on deciding to provide this survey. Given my concerns about posting, I hesitated before contributing … but as you were genuinely seeking feedback, it seemed only fair to provide it.

Having said that, would it be possible to send a monthly newsletter? Perhaps this could include some general information about forthcoming competitions/results, a ball review, and the monthly coaching article (refer above)?

No

Yes – all ages, but not all levels of ability.

Google search - l searched 'Ten Pin Bowling' within Australia and l found it

Probably 8, its not all that active in all aspects of the forum.
More than 4 times. - Everday, its my homepage!

Three times - depends on whats there to comment on

For upcoming events.
To have your say.

all of the above!

All of the above
None of the above

Very high
High
Average
Below average

A/ Which section of the forum do you recall reading recently, example main forum, the lounge etc. Main Forum
B/ which was your favorite section of those you read. Just general questions + info on bowling

International news
Live scores
Interviews
Ball reviews
Other

Have a beginners section - it was very scary for me to come in here, with only a few months experience, trying to find out how l could improve. Everyone here seems like a pro, and its very daunting and scary to ask.

12/ If you were a moderator for a day, what would be one of the things you would do. Put in a beginners section, with things like "Why bowling?" and "Tips and hints for beginners" just the basics is what l'd put up. So people can get on their feet, espeacilly if they are brand new to bowling or are looking into it, it won't seem as daunting.

13/ Is there anything on the forum that you see as useless and shouldn’t be on the forum as it is a waste of space. Don't know yet.

No - as said by Jennie - you cater for all ages, just not abilities or experience

There is a $50 Caltex fuel voucher up for grabs, for the person that fills out the survey the best, but more importantly honestly.
Thanks
Kellie

Hey Guys,

Get posting the voucher could come in handy if you're making the trip up to Bundaberg next weekend :D
Not to mention helping the guys with the running of the site. It's great to see a few suggestions have already been implemented!

Bowling centre

More than 4 times.

Three times

For upcoming events.
To have your say.

All of the above

High

Main Forum, Queensland, Junior/Youth Forum

The Deveer section of the Main Forum kept me occupied for a while.. ran out of popcorn. :popcorn:

International news
Live scores
Interviews
Ball reviews

- All of these

The personal attacks! Can't everybody just play nice?

Delete personal attacks, ban Gary's polls, re-introduce the videos section.

Nope

Yes

Google search
More than 4 times.
Three times
Very high
Classifieds
Ball reviews
More competitions for regional areas or bowls
The dead ads for 2nd hand gear/sales
Yes

Back
Top Bottom