A big thank you to

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
LEE MATHEY

Without out your hard work, sponsorship, commitment and organisation this amazing tournament would not have become a reality. You have dedicated countless hours and your own personal dollars to make this dream a reality, I hope other bowling centre promoters follow your impeccable example.

Thank you for putting it on, I hope with its success it will be bigger and better in 2009.

TOTALBOWLING

Kellie, Ben and Jase for running around all weekend with lane draws, scores, live updates, score sheets, the list goes on. Without your time and sponsorship we would be still waiting for some score updates and some to explain the seeding process :D

EBONITE

It's difficult at the best of times to get ball companies to sponsor anything but with some good Australian staffers putting in a good word Ebonite delivered the goods. Also thanks to Bowlers Basement for coming up and assisting the bowlers. It is all appreciated.

COCOAS

Can I ask all bowlers in Queensland to support this local business, the amount of money thrown at this tournament was crazy, a very generous backing which deserves Brisbane bowlers full support in the future. If you live close to a Cocoas shop there instead, what goes around comes around.

KEARNEY family

Brian and Michael (aka Happy Chicken) for putting on a show. The bowl presentation was immaculate and was truly first class. Almost no breakdowns and the most helpful staff I've seen at a bowl to date. You should be proud of your facilities and how bowl was presented, an absolute honor to bowl there.

THE BOWLERS

For the bowlers who have asked me over the years whats it like to bowl an International event, we just hosted one! Other tournament promoters take note, THATS HOW YOU DO IT!

It was run very professionally, challenging all bowlers in skill and mental toughness. Thank you for coming along and making it a memorable experience, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

For the people who missed it, if it's on again, don't miss it! Its on the Gold Coast for $%^&* sake do you really need another reason? The format was great, the venue was great, bowling was first class and the atmosphere was amazing. Not to mention the money was UNMATCHED in this country.

This tournament will be bigger and better next year if it goes ahead, its truly something to get excited about and look forward to.

Ok I'm done thanking everyone, well done Lee and I hope this event is around next year.

Had a quick crack at thanking everyone before, but yeah, just what George said.

Well done.

well said george it was a great weekend probably the best event ive bowled in.

Id also like to thank dinesh without ure 300 game mate we all may not had the opportunity to see those lovely metermaids in the bowl. Theres no coincidence i bowled my best game of the tournament while they were in the centre ;)

Yep George hit the nail on the head,and apart from my crappy bowling,i had a great time,and surfers is such an amazing place,

Was also good to put faces to names as well,and i was made to feel very welcome.

Roll on next year

johnnyb

I concur with George and the other posters. Obviously as a first time event there were teething problems, but these were all handled and everyone responsible for this event should be thanked by the tournament community. I only hope it is on again next year with better support.

I know I will be there.

George, a great post.

Brenton is correct. First time tournaments will always have teething problems, they were fixed without any major hiccups. A thank you must go to the tournament committee for their quick response to those problems.

I would like to thank Lee Matthey for his genourous financial support into this event and what a great venue to host a unique event. Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast say no more. Let's hope the event is staged there again in 2009.

The format and lane conditions were a challenge to all bowlers and I'm sure this type of format won't go away quickly. Matchplay right from the word GO!

Amazing, everyone was on the edge of the seat right from the start. You had to win to stay ahead. 40 pins bonus made everyone work hard for their victories.

Thank you to all the sponsors and staff of Surfers Paradise Tenpin Bowl for one great event.

Congrats to Dinesh for his perfect game and attracting the lovely meter maids into the centre. It was great to hug them in the top of the stand :D

Christian Purdue

Well said George!

Thank you to all involved!
Lee (and Coco’s), your effort was truly invaluable. You are the type of person this sport has been wanting for many years. I, I am sure all who bowled and all who did not bowl appreciate the time, effort and generosity you put into this event. As George said this would not have happened without you.

Kellie, Jase and the totalbowling crew, again without your efforts bowling would be almost blind in this country. All should be supportive of your efforts in ALL of the events that totalbowling cover. I can say that I appreciate it.

The venue was great and tournament was one I will hold in memory for a very long time.
Thank you to all who helped me learn through this experience and freely offered their advice when asked.

Bowling in this state and country should be proud!

For me it’s back to the drawing board to (hopefully) become a challenge to the great bowlers that bowled over the weekend, the next time I attempt to bowl against you all. :)

Rhyss.

A BIG THANKS Lee for supporting this event (and your kind words re the show), Brian and the centre crew (they were tops), everyone else who provided support and sponsorship, and the bowlers who put on such a great show for us.
The finals from Surfers will start appearing on TV across Australia & PNG in approx four weeks (straight after showing the VSS and the SA CUP).
Negotiations are underway to have the show also broadcast on Commercial Television throughout New Zealand.
A special thanks to Mac and Brenton for giving up their winding down time (well after midnight), to complete a full commentary for the Tenpin Bowling
Show back at the hotel room after the event. It made for a very long day.
Lastly thanks to my film crew, Todd, Shaun, Linda, and also the ABPA.
We are visiting various bowling centres on our drive back to Adelaide promoting the show, and wish to thank the Walsh's at Ballina and Ashley at Grafton for your hospitality.
Tony Drexel
TBS

i firstly would like to thank lee,the sponsors,surface paradise lanes,total bowling and everyone involved with the running of the event over the weekend.
the hospitality was second to none and was a one of the best venues in this country to hold a great event like this.
i would also like to thank the ten bowling show for doing great things for our sport and for also keeping me up late i had a ball.
also i would like to thank all the support over the weekend from my family and friends who were there it means alot to win an event like this with you all around.
i would also like to thank everyone who has given their congrats so far to me on this site and after the event.
ps sorry johnny for getting my qualifying average up touch too far so you missed out on the ball!!!
cheers

What a weekend of bowling... Just watching the committment of everyone in volved in the success if this tournament made me proud to be a part of it. This format certainly showed how it can be better for the enhancement of Quality required within our sport.. With the professionalism shown by everyone from the organisers to the bowlers who competed.

It is never easy to get sponsors on board, and i hope where ever possible we the bowlers can give something back.

To any bowler, should this event or any other like it be played again.. get behind it.. Not only do you get to challenge where your skills are at.. You actually get to know more of your fellow competitors at a different level as there it plenty of time within the structure of the format provided.

The quality of bowling during matchplay was just a pleasure to watch, and hopefully everybody will get behind the boardcast and watch.

Congrats to everyone, and thank you.

Cheers,
Frank Bell.

No hesitation in concurring with your whole post their George very well done.

I would like to personally extend my thanks to Lee and his son and daughter in providing me with transportation throughout the weekend. This went beyond what I was expecting so again a very big thank you to the three of you.

To Michael and his dad: I know the bowl took a little bit of a hit due to the delays and the likes that happened over the weekend but I believe this event has become a new benchmark for tournaments for our sport. I hope you see it in your wisdom to run it again next year. All us bowlers thank you both very much.

To the Tenpin Bowling show thanks again for your outstanding efforts to help take out sport to new heights.

To all those who didn't venture to the event this year I suggest you make it a must if it is run again next year.

Back
Top Bottom