3 reasons why the TBA Board should stay intact

OK Wayne,
:sorry:
Still thinking :whistling: Still thinking :eek:fftopic2:
Ok give up could not think of any reason so what is the solution to this question.

Jeanette

Probably exactly that!!!

There is no reason the board should stay in tact. All Wayne could come up with was the numbers to put against the reasons (1, 2 and 3) but then surprise surprise there was no reasons to list. Therefore all you are left with is the numbers 1, 2 and 3 as per above.

Just a thought

thanks

DAVID

1. It's really our only representative body
2. Federally funded but if it fails then no more major Federal $$
3. The Board of the TBA can be changed - Keep the TBA just tweek it a little.

Yet again, an other negative post regarding the Board.

So let me get this right, as far as the majority of people (members) posting on the site (Sorry Jase) are 100% unhappy, disillusioned (describe it how you might) with the current Governing Body of Tenpin Bowling in Australia? If this is the case why do you still turn up every week to toss a ball down the lane.

Yeh they might not be doing the job to EVERYBODIES liking but the old quote "You can not please every body all of the time"

Eric R
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If this is the case why do you still turn up every week to toss a ball down the lane.

For the love of the game Id assume...?
For me personally, its the love of the game and the passion I have to achieve goals, make state [and hopefully one day national] teams...etc etc.

Yeh they might not be doing the job to EVERYBODIES liking but the old quote "You can not please every body all of the time"
Eric R
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Everybody's liking?
Try nobodies liking. Im not too sure that I know of a single soul in the country that is satisfied with the job that the current TBA do.
Im not referring to your average league bowler either, they only care about what their centre can do for them. Im talking about those bowlers who travel to national events, those bowlers who represent their state at events such as Rachuig and our national representitives...

For the love of the game Id assume...?
For me personally, its the love of the game and the passion I have to achieve goals, make state [and hopefully one day national] teams...etc etc.
Everybody's liking?

Try nobodies liking. Im not too sure that I know of a single soul in the country that is satisfied with the job that the current TBA do.
Im not referring to your average league bowler either, they only care about what their centre can do for them. Im talking about those bowlers who travel to national events, those bowlers who represent their state at events such as Rachuig and our national representitives...

I agree totally, it is the reason people turn up week after week that have a love for the game.

For your average bowler that also is true but if it not for a governing body (regardless of who is Chairman or CEO) you or other elite bowlers would not have the opportunity to represent their State or Country.

What I am tring to say is that maybe it is time that everybody took a step back grab the positives and work on them.

wchester asks the the question "3 reasons why the TBA Board should stay intact", why not start with this years Nationals. It has been has been pointed out the the attendance was some what down on previous years. Is that the fault of the current TBA Board.......who knows. Why don't we ask those have attended in recent years but not this year, I'm betting that the make up of the current board has little to do with it.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Eric R

It has been has been pointed out the the attendance was some what down on previous years. Is that the fault of the current TBA Board.......who knows. Why don't we ask those have attended in recent years but not this year, I'm betting that the make up of the current board has little to do with it.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Eric R

The reason the attendance was down is directly the result of the action of the present Board in reformatting the De Veer event. It has been well documented on this forum many times.

The current board is to blame for the lack of entries, NO marketing,NO flyers to centres,NO TBA Tournament Team,NO Seniors(in perth) No Walter De Veer (in perth for Holt) fantastic leadership from the TBA Board.(Not) and while on the subject where are the Adult Nationals in 2008 :confused:
It is about time the Board resigned and let a working team take over and guide bowling back to one of the top 10 SPORTS in Australia.
We need a National Body, what we do not need is the current Board and CEO.:mad:

Sydpies posted
The current board is to blame for the lack of entries, NO marketing,NO flyers to centres,NO TBA Tournament Team,NO Seniors(in perth) No Walter De Veer (in perth for Holt) fantastic leadership from the TBA Board.(Not)

Mate at $12.50 a head from memberships, no wonder there were no"FLYERS" no "MARKETING" no "TBA TOURNAMENT TEAM".

You cant have it both ways,it costs money to do all of the above and it seems to me that there just isn't enough to go around.....i dont no but thats what it looks like to me....

Cheers

Paul K.

Bowling doesn't need a CEO or board members. It is not a company it is a sport. The whole system that they (TBA) have put in place is proof enough of the lack of understanding of our sport by what is supposed to be the sports governing body.
To remove from the Nationals program the Seniors (now representing a much larger large slice of the bowling population) and the Walter Daveer (this years replacement event at the Nationals, I'm sorry for those who competed, was an absolute joke!) representing 95% of the bowling population shows that they do not know what they are doing.
Like the former ATBC the TBA is showing that as far as it's concerned there are only 1 - 5% of the bowlers in this country that they want to know about (scratch bowlers). Yet the whole of the bowling population is supposed to foot the bill for TBA bungling (I don't think so).
To think that they have single handedly dismantled the Nationals proves that they do not deserve to be in the positions that they currently hold. Bowling doesn't need federal funding if it means that we have to put up with these people who are slowly killing bowling in this country.

one of the biggest problem is as well is amf not spreading the news about comps, i dont know how many centres in nsw that actually tell bowlers that there is something happening in there state, ie no tap comps or other events

Amf needs to stop thinking about social bowers and actually think about league bowlers who show up every week to bowl.actually tba and amf need to work together, get bowling back to where it should be

But AMF make too much off their precious social bowlers to be bothered about those of us that do turn up week in week out, spending money on leagues, practise games, proshop accessories and cafe crap.
I agree with the fact that TBA and AMF should work together, but Im not sure that I can see that happening anytime in the near future.

Speaking for my centre only, I can tell you that the promotion of tournaments has plummeted since we became and AMF centre. Its the worst thing that could have happened to us.
When [and IF] we receive entry forms, they're either forgotten about OR they're put up on the notice board somewhere but nobody is told that they are there.
Pre-AMF days, whoever was starting the leagues up would give a quick spiel about any events that are coming up that may interest the bowlers of that particular league.
Dont hear any of that now...quite sad really.

It seems that it is coming down to the same old story. People whinging and whining about the board of whatever sport or organization but unwilling to put in the effort and time to have ago themselves. So people if you are going to have a go and put in the effort do so otherwise shutup!!

It seems that it is coming down to the same old story. People whinging and whining about the board of whatever sport or organization but unwilling to put in the effort and time to have ago themselves. So people if you are going to have a go and put in the effort do so otherwise shutup!!
As the individual who started this thread, I take umbrage with your statement. I HAVE put my hand up and I AM doing something about the problem. Perhaps you should have cast your vote for me in the poll on another thread on this forum and not voted for Peter Coburn, who had a chance to make a difference but chose to walk away from the task instead.

wchester - Just to enlighten us what have you put your hand up for and maybe give us a bio on who you are and what you've been doing in the industry over the past few years so then people can vote for you fairly.
Dozza

Amf needs to stop thinking about social bowers and actually think about league bowlers who show up every week to bowl.actually tba and amf need to work together, get bowling back to where it should be
These days AMF like to hire people who know nothing about the sport. I think if AMF work with TBA it could make the current situation worse. AMF is more concerned about social play these days so I wouldn't expect much from them

Back
Top Bottom