3 reasons why the TBA Board should stay intact

one of the biggest problem is as well is amf not spreading the news about comps, i dont know how many centres in nsw that actually tell bowlers that there is something happening in there state, ie no tap comps or other events
Amf needs to stop thinking about social bowers and actually think about league bowlers who show up every week to bowl.actually tba and amf need to work together, get bowling back to where it should be

AMF.

Why would you expect them to advertise events in other privately run centres (such as the Nationals etc). You struggle to get AMF centres to promote events in other AMF centres & you expect them to do it when there owned by somebody else.
In the past I have put entry forms in AMF centres trying to promote tournaments in other AMF centres, only to find them in the bin 3 hrs later.

Get ya head out of the sand. AMF arent the solution, they are part of the problem & have been for years.

As the individual who started this thread, I take umbrage with your statement. I HAVE put my hand up and I AM doing something about the problem. Perhaps you should have cast your vote for me in the poll on another thread on this forum and not voted for Peter Coburn, who had a chance to make a difference but chose to walk away from the task instead.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe Peter stood down from the Chairperson position as his business was suffering due to the time he needed to commit to his TBA role?

Liz

Liz,

You are correct. Wayne is so far off the track that they'll need a search party to find him.

FYI, I announced my resignation on Friday 14th April 2006. I personally emailed all the key stakeholders advising them of the same and before it went public on various websites.

The irony is that Wayne was one of these people I personally emailed.

Sent: Friday, 14 April 2006 4:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: TBA Director Resignation

Once again I forgot to get my nomination in...:(
Best of luck to you in future endeavours.
Wayne

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:21:39 +1000

Dear Bowlers

The following will be public very shortly and I felt that it would be better to hear it from me direct rather than through the ever churning bowling rumour mill.

Director Resignation

It is with much regret that I must inform the TBA Board and all stakeholders of my intention to resign from the TBA Board at the 2006 Annual General Meeting on the 13th May 2006.

This decision has not come lightly as I have endeavoured to give it my all as a director, chairperson and to the sport that I will forever feel very passionate about. However, due to increased and excessive work commitments I can not give this position the due time and commitment that it deserves.

We have received four very good nominations for Board directorships this year to be voted on at the upcoming AGM. I feel that whoever gains a
position on the Board this year will be a very valuable asset to the company.

I would like to thank the TBA Board, Alex Popov, TBA State Managers, proprietors and all stakeholders for their support over my past 3 years as a director and the 2 years before that as the Victoria TBA State Manager. The future looks bright for TBA with new governance and operational policies in place and with a positive move forward to a full membership model.

I will continue to bowl and help the TBA Board, Alex and all stakeholders in anyway possible by looking after the TBA website and the co-ordination of the national championships.

Peter Coburn

Back
Top Bottom