2012 VIC 150 & AUSTRALIAN OPEN

It's interesting to note how the pattern scores differently in different centres... Ben.C averaged 177 on this pattern at Geelong bowl and is in the 240's at Keon Park...

i bowl at keon every mond night and theres a ditch if your good enough to find it and going by my scores i didnt but oh well my tournament days are over now no more donating am retiring after the 14th may

Well done Loadster on your effort. Great bowling. If you go out there and find the area good luck to you. You are only bowling on what you are given. You have the talent and you just showed everyone what you can do. Well bowled mate.
Cheers Lovey

Congratulations to Ben Coupland, winning the Australian Open by 16 pins. 2nd was Porto and 3rd Mac Stewart.

Great bowling guys.

Hi All
Please find attached the finals result of the Vic 150 & Australian Open.
Congratulations to Ben Coupland and Ann-Maree Putney on their win to represent Australian in the world cup. Also well done to Susanne Jack for the Vic 150.

Once again thankyou to all the bowlers.

Sue Raphael

Attachments

• 2012 Australian Open & Vic 150 final scores.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 203
Congrats to AMP & Ben....

To Ben - well done mate from both Deb & myself - its great to see you back bowling, you will be an awesome representative for our country !

What's negative to talk about? When the scores are low like at Berri everyone says that it's great to challenge yourself on a tough condition and well done to all. Were the scores a true indication of peoples averages, probably not but the guy that threw it the best won.
Now we have an event where the scores were higher and being able to figure out which ball and what break point was going to give you the carry needed to win was more important than accuracy. Again, are these scores a true indication of everyones average, probably not but the guy that threw it the best won. CO l don't think it would matter what was scored you would still find something to piss and moan about, you just seem to be a "glass half empty" type of guy.
Well done to all that made the cut, you were better than everyone else on the condition that everyone had to play on. (no disrespect intended)

Men 217.5 cut, women 205.5 cut and 6 x 300 games. You expect there not to be negative comments?

Under half the field, both men and woman, were over the card. that means most of the field were under the card (myself included)

As for the ditch at keon park that exists on the house pattern, when a sports pattern is laid down that ditch is gone and it's a whole new ball game.

MickyD if you have a look at the pattern advertised for Geelong and that advertised ofr AO they are slightly different hence the major difference in how they played.

Paul,

Did I complain about it? no.
Did I say anyone bowled bad or did not deserve to win? no.

Fact is there were unusually high scores in a place known to lay a ditch and I wont be surprised if someone posts negative comments about it.

Back
Top Bottom