2012 NSW Open

Just realised I copied from my file that has not been uptdated, will amend shortly
Leanne

Here is the 2012 Paris pattern - apologies I copied wrong one from my file.

Leanne

Attachments

• WTBAParis47-12.pdf
    243.6 KB · Views: 130
Can you please remove me from the listings, will not be able to make the trip up.
Thanks,
Emily Robertson.

Thank you ladies for letting us know early - Jason Doust and Scott Robertson transferred over to B squad

Cheers

Latest squad list attached

FULL SQUADS - we have bowlers wanting to bowl, so if your circumstances change please let me know asap.

Deposit due 31st July to confirm your spot for either A or B squad.

Deposit Payment options
Cheque or money order to Junior TBA of Sydney, Mail - PO Box 3402 Dural NSW 2158
Electronic transfer to Westpac, Junior TBA of Sydney, BSB 032285, ACCT no 532911, please add ref NSWO + your name

Info: [email protected] or 0418 889 888

Thanks
Leanne

Attachments

• NSW Open - entries @ 16 07.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 97
Hello Leanne,

Can you please remove Andrew McArthur and Darren Burton from A Squad as we are unable to make the trip across.

Thanks

Andrew

I've been wondering about this for some time now, and now seems as good a time as any to ask.

How does forward oil and reverse oil affect how the ball rolls/reacts? Seeing as this pattern is laid down as mostly forward oil, at 47 feet does this mean it will basically aquaplane the ball or does forward and reverse have no affect? and only volume, length and lane topography have the controls?

I've looked back at some patterns i've played, most played as I expected but a few caught me, i put it down to the environment and centre, and age of the lanes, new and old included. But it has me wondering if that wasnt the case and they did exactly what they were supposta do.

Anyway i think i'll bring some surface with me just to be safe.

I've been wondering about this for some time now, and now seems as good a time as any to ask.

How does forward oil and reverse oil affect how the ball rolls/reacts? Seeing as this pattern is laid down as mostly forward oil, at 47 feet does this mean it will basically aquaplane the ball or does forward and reverse have no affect? and only volume, length and lane topography have the controls?

I've looked back at some patterns i've played, most played as I expected but a few caught me, i put it down to the environment and centre, and age of the lanes, new and old included. But it has me wondering if that wasnt the case and they did exactly what they were supposta do.

Anyway i think i'll bring some surface with me just to be safe.

Edit: Mo Pinel's answer about reverse oil, for anyone interested.

"Here's the real answer about reverse oil. Reverse oil controls the amount of oil in the front part of the lane. Forward oil controls the shape of the pattern at the end of the pattern. The more reverse oil in relation to the forward oil, the longer the pattern will last and the smaller the transitions. Read the pdf and find the corner of the red bar. Subtract 3 and that's where your breakpoint should be to start. Take the length of the pattern minus 31 rule and shove it. Not accurate. Do your homework!"

Latest squad list attached

FULL SQUADS - we have bowlers wanting to bowl, so if your circumstances change please let me know asap.

Deposit due 31st July to confirm your spot for either A or B squad.

Deposit Payment options
Cheque or money order to Junior TBA of Sydney, Mail - PO Box 3402 Dural NSW 2158
Electronic transfer to Westpac, Junior TBA of Sydney, BSB 032285, ACCT no 532911, please add ref NSWO + your name

Info: [email protected] or 0418 889 888

Thanks
Leanne

Attachments

• 2012 NSW Open - entries @ 23 07.pdf
    32.5 KB · Views: 136
Back
Top Bottom