2011 Commonwealth team

Congrats to all.

Tonx and Geo in the same team, I'd like to be there to watch! :D

Good luck guys do Australia proud.

Ok, time for a post.... ;)

Yes, I had retired. It was so I could spend weekends with my wife to be and nearly 1 year old girl. :D One email from Cara changes things a little. By change a little, I mean Wedding date changes, honeymoon changes, we even had to find another celebrant. The fact that Bec hasn't killed me yet, is probably the reason I'm marrying her! Silly silly silly girl...... ;)

I think there is absolutely no greater honour in representing Australia. This doesn't just go for bowling, but for any sport. If tiddly winks Australia offered me the chance to tiddly and/or wink for Australia, then I would jump at the chance. In my humble opinion, Australia is freakin awesome. As for George and I competing together, why on earth would I have any objections. He is clearly the best on home soil, and going on form is second to only an absolute revolutionary freak at this game. He has a bucketload of experience in Asia, and I assume has the same goals over there that every other competitor has. How on earth can "personal matters of opinion" ever have an effect when you are offered a chance to represent this great country?

I can not hear Aussie Aussie Aussie without yelling OI OI OI after it!

My only concern is not being able to keep up with my 3 team mates. What a hell of a line up!

Putz - The best ametuer female bowler in the world. We only have to look at World Cup results to see how good this girl is.

Bee- Deadly accurate, could beat anyone in the world, and give it a few years, will probably be doing just that.

George- might "just" fudge it down the left, but if anyone would ever give any left hander any credit at all (I shudder at the thought of giving a lefty any credit :p) he can competitively fudge it against anyone in the world. I'm pretty sure he is already a gold medalist in this event gone previous years. Worst case scenario, we should be able to wear a really good spot into every approach at about 30 board at the line. If that isn't teamwork, I don't know what is!

To address these concerns of keeping up with my fellow Australian Reps, starting from the email that Cara sent me, I have trained twice a day every day. This will be happening at minimum 3 days a week, but likely 5 days a week (yes I have a little bit of spare time between drilling bowling balls all day) until the event. I thank Oztenpin for the oportunity to commit to be as ready as I can be before the event. I am also trying to find a good Chiro as a sponsor, because after 3 hours of training tonight, I feel like I need one.... Any suggestions?

Green and Gold? Absolutely. Can't wait to see the Natives reaction when I start any conversation with: "G'day Cobber" because it's usually followed with "what the hell did you just call me"

Andrew Tonkin
Australian Team Representitive
Proud and patriotic Australian.

p.s. Tiger - you can come watch if you like, but only if you bring meat pies (and dead horse), cold beers, Weet-Bix, an Aussie Rules footy and The Australian Flag. These items won't fit under my baggage allowance.

p.p.s. Actually you are from QLD, Ill bring the Footy. You just bring the rest.

Congrats Tonx, I iwll be following your results........

Bec, you will get there soon and it will be worth the wait......

Andrew Tonkin that is possibly the best response to a topic i have ever read on Totalbowling. Good luck young man and do you country proud as i m sure you will. It will be a highlight for you in your life. For those mere mortals among us who dream of one day representing our country we wish you well and great bowling. I look forward to following your scores as im sure they will be huge.

Phil

Congratulations to all who made the team. All excellent bowlers and top People..... go Aussie.....

Attachments

• australia-flag-waving-buddy-icon-animated.gif
    australia-flag-waving-buddy-icon-animated.gif
    65.9 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom