2010 Schweppes Melbourne Tenpin Cup - Scores

Mr Doust,

This was the response I expected to the criticism I dished earlier. I thank you for responding in a way that dignified yourself, even though you didn't have to.

Below is how Mr Tonkin responded (in a PM to myself):

How dare you tell me to give the Australian shirt to someone else.

I will be contacting my solicitor Tuesday morning.
www.absolutebowling.com.au

It is clear which bowler I have the most respect for.

PS. You don't scare me Andrew, what do you think your solicitor is going to tell you? Seriously?

I sit here explaining myself to people for no good reason other than to set a good example to our younger players. Learn everything you can and employ it when you need to. Even then, some days, it just won't be enough. If it really gets that bad, withdraw politely if you think you're getting hot under the collar without an escape. It truly is a better option for everyone.

There you go all you younger players out there, you've heard it from Mr Doust directly... when you are clean out of ideas, instead of chucking a hissy fit, swearing and kicking the ball return, simply quit "with dignity".

Personally I would've thought a better example to our younger players and international counterparts would be to keep your mental game under control and never give up. I guess I'm the one that looks stupid then!

Time for the 'ditches' to get trucked out again too, the hard lanes seem to annoy to many people(me included!!) And they seem to annoy plenty of people on here the last few months(and get as many dweebs sticking up for them!!)

I sit here wondering and reading all these comments, and you know what, no one has mentioned about the kegal oiling machines, I have played on a few patterns my self that didnt play the way they should, but this seems to be the accorance accross the board and not the first time this has happend. Yes ok i beileve in playing how the lanes read But, Once a pattern has been set for the tournament and people look at the pattern thats the bible, thats what they expect it should play like so everyone packs for what they need, but if it doest play the way it reads, whos really to blame here???

Anyway my thoughts but i sit on the fence on this one. :) cant be bothered with the bull****.

Why not learn how to adapt rather than get hot under the collar and have a dummy spit....would be a better example rather than take my ball and go home....

It's all well and good to sit back in your home and comment on who did what and why but really... who gives a toss. There is a thing called choice and it seems that some people want to take that liberty away from us. If you're not bowling in the tournament, or there to see how the bowlers are struggling with the limited area that some have (hit 6 board and take out the 6,9,10... 7 board and hit high or brooklyn) then how can you really make a well informed comment on what is going on.

Anyway... to those Ladies and Mens qualifiers... Good luck and bowl well tomorrow.

I pull out of a tournament because of injury and risk of furthur injury, and you tell me to give up what I have worked for the last 10 years for. You have no idea how much this upsets and disapoints me. Thanks. You slander me directly on a forum, then say no offense to anyone. Thanks.

I will be there in February at 100%. I don't mind if you don't believe it. All it takes is lots of practise.

I really love bowling the seniors tournaments these days.........away from all this crap!!

So many of you thinking the game owes you all so much.................

Warren Stewart, if it's the same Warren I know..............well Done my friend good to see you out there again!!

If you have to stand so close to a ball return these days to score.......then wow.... time to rethink your game skills!!
Is that what it's come to.........

All the best to the finalists tomorrow... you've already done yourselves proud - keep up the great work!

I pull out of a tournament because of injury and risk of furthur injury, and you tell me to give up what I have worked for the last 10 years for. You have no idea how much this upsets and disapoints me. Thanks. You slander me directly on a forum, then say no offense to anyone. Thanks.

I will be there in February at 100%. I don't mind if you don't believe it. All it takes is lots of practise.

I hope for your sake (and Australia's sake) your lead-up and preparation to February is a little better than it was for MTC....and I hope you can bring the Gold and shove it in my face......I would like nothing more.

As for my views and opinions, I'm sorry if you don't like them. Call them what you like. This is a public forum and the things you, me and anybody else do one the lanes is open to scrutiny.

Good luck to all that have made the finals....by the sounds of it, you have bowled incredibly well to get there!

I'm an old fart but had a go and had a few re-entry attempts. It was tough as hell and i have been bowling about 6 years and i am only an average bowler. Sure telephone number scores were becoming the norm but it was one extreme to the other. I didn't give a toss if i bowled low scores but it was not a fun atmosphere ,more like a funeral than a bowling tourny. Bowlers were angry and cheesed off and some looked like they wanted to kill. And i can only imagine if any league bowlers were having their first shot at a tourney it might be their last one , who likes bowling 140s and 150s. And also it was not good for spectators , who likes watching a load of crap bowling. I think they might need a re think or more mediocre bowlers might give tourneys a miss.

I'm an old fart but had a go and had a few re-entry attempts. It was tough as hell and i have been bowling about 6 years and i am only an average bowler. Sure telephone number scores were becoming the norm but it was one extreme to the other. I didn't give a toss if i bowled low scores but it was not a fun atmosphere ,more like a funeral than a bowling tourny. Bowlers were angry and cheesed off and some looked like they wanted to kill. And i can only imagine if any league bowlers were having their first shot at a tourney it might be their last one , who likes bowling 140s and 150s. And also it was not good for spectators , who likes watching a load of crap bowling. I think they might need a re think or more mediocre bowlers might give tourneys a miss.

Quite incorrect actually, I've enjoyed watching it. People consistently moving and thinking about ball reaction and getting the right shape. An event for the bowling pureist.

The bowler who wins today will have earnt it - and will be the best bowler over the weekend.

Good to see an event where leaving a 10 pin (or 7 for the lefties) doesnt result in the throwing away of 21 pins.

No becuase then we revert to a carry contest where the winner was not necessarily the best bowler...

Quite incorrect actually, I've enjoyed watching it. People consistently moving and thinking about ball reaction and getting the right shape. An event for the bowling pureist.

The bowler who wins today will have earnt it - and will be the best bowler over the weekend.

Good to see an event where leaving a 10 pin (or 7 for the lefties) doesnt result in the throwing away of 21 pins.

Good post +1

Back
Top Bottom