2010 Australian Open?????

ratty133

The Brow
Is this event going ahead? 5 Weeks out from the tournament and no entry form or even some vague information has been released? Im wanting to make travel arrangements for this event and its making very hard to get flights and hotels going into easter without the information.

Can someone please shed some light?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,
I beleive the A.O is running. The best person to contact would be Brett Best
and his number at Sunshine Bowl is (03) 9311 5799

Cheers
Paul T

Just had a look at the AMF website under tournaments. The winner of the Vic 150 and The Australian Open will be the 2010 AMF World Cup representatives.

Cheers
Paul T

Good decision on choosing the AO for the male reps but I think it is a bit harsh on the women with the VIC 150.

With all due respect to the graded women bowlers I believe the ability to represent your country should only depend on your achievement and not also of the luck of the draw on your doubles partner. I would be interested to see the reaction of the leading womens bowlers to this decision.

The only positive out of this is that it opens up the possibility for any of the womens scratch finalists to represent their country. However a drawbak I believe is that it will put considerable undue pressure on the graded women bowlers to perform.

Jockey, if you read the entry form, the scratch bowlers will have a head to head match session during the Vic 150, and then go into the doubles format after that.

Hi All
Just noticed some comments about the Vic 150.
The format is everyone bowls 14 games in either scr or hcp and then they cut to the top 10 bowlers in each division and that final is on Sunday as per usual.
The top 10 scratch bowlers will bowl Saturday afternoon 9 matchplay games and the winner of that will win the World Cup spot.

Regards
Sue Raphael

Hi All
Just noticed some comments about the Vic 150.
The format is everyone bowls 14 games in either scr or hcp and then they cut to the top 10 bowlers in each division and that final is on Sunday as per usual.
The top 10 scratch bowlers will bowl Saturday afternoon 9 matchplay games and the winner of that will win the World Cup spot.

Regards
Sue Raphael

I thought VIC150 was always 16 games to bowl over 2 days and it was the top 12 to go into the final and have 11 games matchplay

I think they might have been talking about the women's entry form?
I doubt if they will accept your entry on that one, George.

Firstly I didn't read the entry form. Secondly it is sad that they are tinkering with well established events. Oh well I guess they won't be happy until all of our long running events are gone.

Dates for the AO now posted on the AMF website

Australian Open, April 2nd - 4th: SUNSHINE, VIC

Which means people can book flights now, horray

Back
Top Bottom