Entry Form - Australian Open 2009

Jez

I was just wondering if anyone knows when the Australian Open 2009 Entry Form will be out..i just noticed the Seniors Aust Open entry form has been released and their event is on the first weekend of May.

Easter is approx 6 weeks away and nothing is out yet....i know everyone knows when the event is on..but surely can not expect ppl to book flights and accommodation without knowing anything about the event (eg prizefund, format).

I am worried that the delay in releasing the entry form will lead to a lack of numbers at the event...especially given it is a long weekend and flights and accommodation will increase the later things are booked.

Unfortunately this seems to be a trend. We no longer put our names down here anymore - so we have no Idea who's going. Soon we will be getting entry details after the event.

This should have been given out at the SA cup. No wonder we cant get numbers to turn up.

It would seem that AMF really dont care if they attract entries or not. :mad:
And yes a new ATBA would be great for the industry and allow our top bowlers to plan well ahead for these major events. :p:D

Last years entry form was posted here on January 30 with the event on the 3rd week of March. Maybe AMF is more worried about the Joondalup Cup which is being held before the AO this year.

Jez is correct and I was looking at attending this years AO event but now with no information and it's getting closer to Easter, my other financial committments will stop me from attending the AO unless information can be distributed soon.

This is the website where all bowlers login too, why can't promoters place information and entry forms on this site? using other sites or only promoting future events at previous events will not be successful.

Hi,
Not trying to point out the obvious. Yeh Jez is right the entry form should have been out by now BUT all dates for all TBA ranked events (such as the AO) were posted on the TBA website in early December of 2008. Why should the entry form stop you from booking flights and accomodation for whatever tournament you were planning to play in. I know a couple of bowlers that have booked flights and accom earliy (as early as 8 months prior to the entry form being out). People slag the tournament director for holding them up on booking flights and accomodation, he is only holding you up on posting your name in the event. I find that maybe some bowlers are looking for excuses on why they did not participate in an event. I am not shooting my mouth off at anyone inparticular.
PLAESE KEEP YOUR KNIVES IN YOUR POCKETS, as I said just pointing out the obvious.
Its all about planning.

Without having a go at you either, why would anyone book flights and accomodation before it is guaranteed the event is going ahead? I only have to think back to one tournament last year where people were caught out, and it was also on the TBA calendar well in advance.

I have no intention of going but I think it's a bit rich to suggest bowlers are just looking for excuses on low entry numbers. The sport's health is terminal right now and not getting tournament entry forms out in a timely manner (ie at least 3 months before) is certainly not helping!

Hi,
Not trying to point out the obvious. Yeh Jez is right the entry form should have been out by now BUT all dates for all TBA ranked events (such as the AO) were posted on the TBA website in early December of 2008. Why should the entry form stop you from booking flights and accomodation for whatever tournament you were planning to play in. I know a couple of bowlers that have booked flights and accom earliy (as early as 8 months prior to the entry form being out). People slag the tournament director for holding them up on booking flights and accomodation, he is only holding you up on posting your name in the event. I find that maybe some bowlers are looking for excuses on why they did not participate in an event. I am not shooting my mouth off at anyone inparticular.
PLAESE KEEP YOUR KNIVES IN YOUR POCKETS, as I said just pointing out the obvious.
Its all about planning.

Frosty, firstly i dont carry knives so ur safe :)

I understand everyone knows the dates but you cant expect ppl to book flights and accommodation when they dont know anything about the event especially prizefunds and formats..ppl need to know what time they will be playing, formats, entry fee etc so they can decide if they are going to go or not. For example..some ppl might want to play in a mutilple entry event whilst others may not..

it may be an excuse..but i think it is a fair one....i am not going to book a flight and accommodation and then when the entry form comes out i realise the money is no where what i thought it was going to be (entry and prizefund).. or the format is crazy or even minor things like expected finish times to book flights home.

I am sure some ppl have booked flights and i hope the event is what they expect then they booked the flight and accomodation...

Totally agree Tiger about the sport being terminly ill, but bowlers can't expect some-one else to take the rap on simple planning. I totally agree that the entry form should be out at least 2 months earlier but that SHOULDN'T stop people from planning to go to a tournament.

Thank God you have no knives, the sharp release that you've got I'd be dead in seconds. Seriously I underdstand about prize fund, entry cost, payout %, squad times but i guess what I am trying to get at is that I am committed to this sport that I have loved to play for over 20 years the great freindships you pick up along the way, and the thrill to beat George Frilingos in a final makes me want to keep playing (maybe even oneday be no.1 bowler)

Frosty I do carry knives :D

Mate you honestly enter events not knowing if they are going ahead, not knowing how much is being paid out, not knowing the format? Yes the calendar says its on that weekend but is it a 2 day event or 3? How many nights should I book? You can't presume the format, dates, entry or timetable.

Would you still attend the AO if the entry was $1000 for 3 games re-entry format?

In this day I"m all for pre-planning but I'm not booking anything until I see an entry form, even then I take out travel insurance :D

I can feel those knives now and boy are they sharp. If had pre-booked and felt for some reason that i couldn't make it or need to change a booking I'd just do it. Infact have done it twice now due to illness (being in hospital) could not make it to an event I just transfered to the next event. Besides why do you have to comment with such an overexaggeration, you have another thread to look after re QLD State teams selection.

Ok the tournament is now only 4 weeks away and there is still no entry form out..:mad:I know there is a post outlining the squad times and that first is $4,000 etc but we still dont have the following information:

*What the the prizefund break down is
*What is the prizefund based on (ie how many entries)
*What is the format other than the 6 game qualifying (ie finals format). is there byes for top qualifiers? is it match play? head to head??
* Is there any re-conditioning of the lanes or are they just oiled at the start of the day and then that is it??

People may say you know when the event is on so there is no excuse....i am all for attending this event and have been looking at flights...no surprise to me the flights are fairly expense now being so close to the event and easter..therefore before i book i want to know details of the event especially break down of prizefund, what entries it is based on........ which is pretty important given the lack of entries at recent events.

I can not see how it can be that difficult in getting an entry form out by now...if things are not locked in (eg sponsors)...then there are bigger problems then not having an entry form and this should be communicated to the bowlers!!!

I don't know what date it's meant to be personally, but based on your "only 4 weeks" above I have this to say;

the Accreditation process requires the entry form at least 30 days before an event. Maybe the AO won't be accredited (and therefore ranked) this year?

I posted on basically the same issue for the SA Cup.

I agree with what’s been said so my next questions would be, Who do we raise this with?

It is an AMF problem that only they can fix. If the management don’t realise that the entry forms are not being released in sufficient time then they may just assume that the bowlers are no longer supporting the tournaments and not understand the underlying factors of why.

I think that we need to make somebody (but who is the right person) aware of why they may find entries down and what we feel can be done to correct this. Especially when it does not cost them any money to administer the events better.

Then if there are no changes we may be able to assume that AMF have no interest in trying to run national events, which is fine but then hopefully they would allow the private centres who may be interested to have a chance rather than advise TBA and notify those interested that these events will be run by AMF.

Has anyone rung and asked AMF what the problem is. Maybe someone is sick and no one else has taken up the task.:confused: Would be sad to see this event slip away as well.:(

Back
Top Bottom