Asian Youth Championships postponed until January 2010

ratty133

The Brow
I have just had a look at the asian ranking calendar for this year to check dates for Asian Youth, and have seen that these have been postponed until January 2010.

What i would like to know is:

1) will this event still be open as TBA advertised (to bowlers born in 1987 or after)

and

2) If not, will TBA be offering some kind of compensation to those bowlers who have already arranged flights and accomodation for the Trials Camp in April.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Just for the record, i have not yet been in contact with TBA, but will be once everyone returns to work on Tuesday.

I do not intend to start anything with this, merely seeking answers from those who can provide them.

Cheers

Hey Matty!
i have emailed John Coxon and he has passed my email onto Gillian and Cara Honeychurch. So i guess i will find out when they reply.

I would "assume" that just like the 2005 Asian Youth Championships (held Feb 06) that the conditions for eligibility in the event do not change just because the event is held early in the following year? My main question would be will the Youth Teams Challenge and National Youth Cup dates be changed due to a concern of the events clashing or even the fact that they would be so close together.

The dates for Asian Youth Championships are Jan 22nd to Jan 31st 2010. So i don't think it will clash with National Youth Teams Challenge or National Youth Cup.
Taken from abf website

Asian youth will still be held in Kuwait..!!

I would like to know. Will TBA still be holding the roll off for the team in April or moving it to a later date?

Also will they now be taking the top 20 rankings from a later date as well??

If you could have played this year, there is no problem for the jan date next year, the eligible ages carry through. I have confirmed this with the ABF committee.

Kuwait required the moved because the centre was unavailable at the original dates. The busy ABF calender then forced a move to January. At least it falls in school and uni holidays for us, but not for most of south east and western asia.

Andrew

Thanks for the info Frawls. This was one of the answers i needed.

Look forward to catching up with you in vegas in a few weeks.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom