2009 Wide Bay Tour Wrap Up

2009 QLD WIDE BAY TOUR WRAP UP

This is a little thank you to everyone that either bowls, supports or sponsors the Wide Bay Tour.

Firstly to Jason Pearson and Total Bowling. Without Jason and this great web site we would be struggling. He continues to support the tour even though he has moved onto new endeavours. And everyone should remember it was Jason that got the series running again, I have just taken over when Jason moved on.

Now to our sponsors. Of course there is total bowling but there are the others.

Animal’s Pro Shop and Lawrie Hill. Lawrie has given away 6 high range Hammer Bowling balls to our first 300 at each tournament this year and over $1500.00 worth of prizes at the end of year give away. There have been some very happy bowlers with their new bowling balls, but none more than Stuart Crowley and Gary (Noobus) Negus. Lawrie has once again committed his support to the series next year and we are grateful for his support.

Thank you Lawrie and Carol for your support.

Northfield Moorooka and Andrew Drew. Drewy has not been able to bowl the tour this year because of work and family commitments. Northfield Moorooka gave away a $900.00 Alpine PMD100 Navigation System. Also Northfield supplied the tour with over $1200.00 in prizes.
Thank you to Andrew Drew and Northfield Moorooka

Hitachi International and Insane-Air air conditioning. This is a small package that I put together. I managed to secure a navigation system and an air conditioner from Hitachi. Insane-Air then will lend their hands to install the new air conditioner. And when the prize list was not looking as solid as liked, I put an extra air conditioner into the prize list. Insane-Air will be there again next year as well.

And now to the proprietors of each bowling centre which is the Wide Bay Group. These men and women have given us the bowlers the venues to compete in. So we should all remember that they do this to support the bowlers and the tour. And now having seen the preparation that goes into the centre before one of these tournaments are run, we should all just be a little bit more understanding if thing don’t quite travel smoothly on the weekend. Each and every centre does make an extra effort to make sure that their tournament runs well.

And my personal thanks to the Wide bay group for believing in me and my ideas.

A few people that should be mentioned for their efforts this year.

Alicia Melton who has put up with my crap for the entire year and for putting together those gift packs at each tournament. Also ensuring that I was prepared at each tournament. Alicia’s organisational skills are a little better than mine.

Stuart Crowley has taken on the scorers roll from Andrew Christopher who has a new wife and daughter this year. Stuart does things with the computer that I could only dream of doing. Without him the scoring would be done on the back of a beer coaster. And Stuarts partner Rebecca who helps with the scoring and empting of the bourbon bottle.

Kate Wilton, Faye Bottomley and Nathan Stein who without request jumped in and helped with the scoring at Kingaroy while my head was exploding.

The numbers
$60,000+ in cash paid out
$15,000+ in prizes paid out
557 entries received
181 Members

The series place getters were......

Ladies

1st - Alicia Melton
2nd - Rebekah Meads
3rd - Kate Wilton

Men's
1st - Shayne Melton
2nd - Carl Bottomley
3rd - Brandon Qualifchefski

And the bowlers, without the support of you guys and girls the tour would not survive. So until next year, have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

And the first event of the year is ..... The Rum City Classic 6th & 7th Febuary 2010.

Well said Shane. I wish to also thank you and all participating bowling centres for all the hard work and planning that you put into to make the series a success. It was great to have different formats throughout the series as it made it more interesting.

I for one found that even very average bowlers like myself can compete and enjoy the competition. It is also good to be paired with some of the great bowlers as they encourage and help improve your game.

I look forward to bowling the series again next year as it is great to get away and meet new bowlers. So thanks Shane, Alica, Stuart and all the sponsors and bowling centres for a job well done.

Well Shayne, welcome to the Tournament Promoter Ranks. You didn`t
whinge, you got off your arse and grabbed it by the throat, and shook the hell out of it. What a great series. I take my hat off to you my boy. Well
done, and look forward to being involved again next year. Thanx for a great year.
Animal.

Good to see Queensland bowlers/sponsors and promoters getting off their collective butts to MAKE bowling events work. There will always be differences of opinions re formats etc.etc. but in the long run, bowlers get to do what they want which is to BOWL and ENJOY.

With Nth. Queensland now in the process of setting up their circuit, bowling in this State is alive and well - perhaps with the demise (hopefully not!) of some of the National events, a new wave of National sponsors/promoters can be found. For those who take on the thankless task, rest assured that the personal satisfaction far outweighs the work involved (most times anyway!)

Congratulations to all those who won 'goodies' and to Shayne and Alicia for their respective wins. The sponsors will always want to be associated with successful and well promoted events, so continue the good work and thanks to those who contine to give so generously.

Flower

To Shayne and Alicia, well done and thanks for everything you guys did before each tourny that we all took for granted.
To Stuart thanks for the scores well done and hope you try harder to beat Shayne next year I think he will be eating more by then.
To all the bowlers that took part in the series thank you for making this a great tourny for me to bowl.
The sponsers thank you Insane air, I will enjoy the air con i won. Thank you to Shayne's Dad and Mom who allow Shayne to take the time off to run this tourny.
Amimal's proshop who supplied the balls for the 300's and prizes for the end of year thanks.
Drewy who could not bowl but still sponsed the series thanks
Wow hats alot of thanks, I'm sure I missed quite a few thanks to you as well.
Total bowling thanks for your site.
To everyone thanks ad have a great xmas and see you next year.

On behalf of the Caboolture Bowl & the Wide Bay Group a very special thank you to shayne and every one else who help make this years tour so successful, with extra events planned for next year I'm sure QLD will show the rest of the country how to plan, run and support the sport of tenpin bowling that we all love so much (most of the time).

Great Job Shayne

Thanks

Brian Bates
Caboolture Bowl

Back
Top Bottom