2008 newcastle superstrike championships

Serenity

IrontoSteel
Fantastic double weekend at warners bay superstrike bowl concluded today (sun 2nd nov) with Masters events. Home of the 2009 Junior Nationals.

Victory went to Sarah Terry (1st), Jayden Panella (2nd) and Ben Mitchell (3rd) in Restricted Masters.

In the open masters after the previous qualifying squads the 10 bowlers that made it thru to the match play final included Joel Greentree, Allen Hicks, David Christensen, Scott Johnston, Ben Pearce, Katarina Wlodarczyk , Anthony Hyde, Chad Pearson , Jake Cromie & Simon Pearce.

In an exciting event the lead changed many times throughout the morning and into the afternoon as the bowlers used all their skill in out bowling their lane rivals and achieving the valuable bonus points.

Down to the last 3 games any of the top 5 placed bowlers could have achieved victory. It came down to a late run from Scott Johnston to defeat last years winner Joel Greentree. A well deserved 3rd place went to young Jake Cromie with a final game 259 to move from 7th to 3rd.

The scores don't do justice to the outcome of this tournament with each and every bowler displaying exceptional skill on the lanes. One split or nailed 10 pin was in most cases the difference between winning or losing in each game.

With their years of experience and tournament skill, Joel and Scott moved away from their rivals in the last couple of games with straight forward consistent pin shots.

Special mention must be made of Katarina as the only girl to make the cut and her skill in keeping the boys honest and taking points off several in cliffhanger blocks.

To the staff at the alley and the tournament committee well done for a great event.

It was good to see Scott and Joel achieve further victories in their last year as junior's.

The quality of bowlers from Newcastle and surrounds also reflect the ability that is available to NNSW in their up coming President Shield role off. All the best to all those that try out. It will be good to see great teams from both NSW teams compete at Warners bay next year.

Many thanks to all those that helped make the weekend special, the parents, bowlers and Warners bay Superstrike.

A final word to all those juniors who competed in the Restricted masters, well done. We all hope to see you stick with bowling and progress to open division and do your state proud in future nationals.

All the best from a bowling parent.

PS. Many thanks also to Debby Hicks for assistance in getting "the rock" up for your tournament and your friendship.

Good on ya Scotty for winning the Open Masters at Warners Bay. I wish I could have been there. You are such an awesome bowler. :cool:

Well done Scott for winning the Open Masters today. Another win to add to a long list of achievements keep up the great work and congrats again.

Steven

Congrats Scotty, it was great getting hammered by you in the first game...did my confidence a world of good lol.
Also, a HUGE congrats to Sare Bare, you did awesomely well. It's something that you should be very proud of =]

Congrats Scotty for Warners Bay win

Congrats Scotty for your win at Warners Bay. Knew you'd do it. Another win to add to many.:)

They'll have to start calling you "The World Beater" Scotty!

Huge congrats to you mate. You've done absolutely awesome so many times and this year is one of the biggest years I've ever seen from a junior tenpin bowler. With defending your Nats title, a 300 and victory at NSW State, being the Top All-Star this year at Shield, and wins like this on your list, what is next???

Keep up the good work and I'll keep trying to beat you in Friday Singles :)

Congrats to everybody else who made it to matchplay and to the rest of the placegetters! A special congrats to Allen Hicks on the 299 game. Bad luck about the 7 pin but I'm sure the next time you get up there for a 300 it sure as heck won't be standing! :)

Hooroo

Rowey :p

Congratulations to all the juniors bowling on the weekend, are there any official scores?
Thanks Leanne

Back
Top Bottom