Ladies Only

SUNSHINE SPECIAL
Hosted by
AMF Mt Gravatt Showcase Lanes
533 Kessels Road Macgregor
Phone: (07) 3349 9766

Sunday 27th and Monday 28th January 2002

ENTRY FEE $140.00

This tournament is open to all 2002 TBA Registered Players.

Bowling Schedule:
SUNDAY January 27th
9.30am Squad A reports
10.00am Squad A bowls 12 games

1.30pm Squad B reports
2.00pm Squad B bowls 12 games

MONDAY
9.30am Top 12 report for Matchplay Final. All finalists will bowl eleven head-to-head mathces plus one positional round - a total of twelve mathches

Prize Fund Based on 36 Bowlers. Fisrt 3 placings guaranteed.
1. $1000.00 (Plus Trophy and FREE entry in the 2003 Sunshine Special)
2. $700.00
3. $450.00
4. $300.00
5. $230.00
6. $215.00
7. $200.00
8. $190.00
9. $180.00
10.$170.00
11.$160.00
12.$150.00

If you would like to bowl in this tournament please call Valerie or Murray at Mt Gravatt on the above phone number and they will be happy to help you.

This tournament is also on the same time as the Cairns Open. Any chance of re-scheduling it to the weekend before or the weekend after?
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

To answer your question Jo, it states in the Tournament rules and regulations that-
2. The Sunshine Special forms part of the AMF Tenpin Bowling circuit and will attract national ratings points towards the AMF Female Bowler of the Year

On this particular weekend there are other tounrnaments and the directors realise that but the tournament was designed to attract Queensland and interstate female bowlers who are not already going to be bowling in anything else on that particular weekend.

Its a cheap tounrament in relation to SA and appeals to those who dont want to travel out of QLD or their home town.

Any other enquires can be forwarded to Val or Murray on (07) 3349 9766.

Thanks

Cairns Open clashing with the Super Six South Australian Cup on January 26-28 is a bad idea.
The weekend in February that Koolfoam had would have been a better weekend for the Cairns Open.
I received an entry to the Cairns Open and was looking to attend the event as I haven't been to top end of Queensland. But had already booked flights to Adelaide for the S.A Cup.
I can understand that some locals couldn't travel interstate to the more expensive S.A Cup and the Cairns Open gives them an event to compete in locally. I was a little disappointed that the Cairns Open could have been re-scheduled to the last weekend in February and maybe you could have received some interstate entries.
Maybe 2003 the event won't clash with a major event.

Likewise Jo - I am rather curious...

Is this a nationally ranked tournament?
It would be useful to gain a response to this query.

Thanks, Kimi

hi everyone in regards to the comment made by CSP about changing the weekend of the cairns open it has been held on the australia day weekend every year for as long as I can remember it just happens its more well known this year because it has national rankings thats all
icon_biggrin.gif

Can someone please post the squad time for Cairns.....maybe I can bowl in both the SA and Cairns tournaments and get mega points..hahah
Who's the idiot that decided both would attract national ratings points?
icon_rolleyes.gif

A quick question in regards to the Sunshine Special. Why has there been no entry forms distributed to the Newcastle region. There are at least 3 AMF centres down here and not one has any forms let alone the other 5 independant ones. I would also be curious as to how many entries they have to date.

Amanda used to get one mailed to her every year. The only notice that has been given has been on the forum. Organisers shouldnt be relying on word of mouth to get entries for a flailing tournament that once used to be one of the best in the country. Also it may be cheap to bowl in for those living in QLD but for interstate bowlers, 3rd place minimum might get close to money back to cover expenses.

Final Standings after 12 games of match play.
Including bonus points.
1. Cathy Elwell 5259
2. Jayde Flanagan 5256
3. Lisa Que 4996
4. Mindy Flewellen 4908
5. Meaghan Curtis 4804
6. Yvette Lawnton 4700
7. Jenny Walsh 4696
8. Tanya Piper 4604
9. Kimberley Barry 4597
10. Kylie Walker 4570
11. Kaylene Marriott 4549
12. Kara Proudfoot 4283

Thanks to Murray and especially Valerie for working the scoring over the two days.

Back
Top Bottom