2002 Asian Zone tour - anyone interested?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Just putting some feelers out now, the tour starts in March 2002 in Malaysia. For those who don't know, each event pays about $15000 for 1st with 10th being about $1500 AUS. Also these events have televised finals which are a seperate prizefunds part of the tour.

If you make the top 16 in the main event you go through to the TV bonus finals where 1st place is $3000 US, making the finals earns you $500US. There are heaps of ways of making money, each event also featuring a banquet which is a all you can eat, huge banquet which only costs about $30 or so.

They love us over there and Frawls is some what of a legend, signing autographs all over the place. He has appeared on TV and done well over there.

My aim is to put together a group of us, so we can not only share the costs but hopefully obtain some sort of sponsorship to reduce the cost of the events (I will try and organise this). If you are half interested in attending one of these events or even all of them, let me know at [email protected] or on this forum. If you want to check out the tour yourself go to www.asianbowlingtour.com

George

George,

Sounds like a great tour. I would love to go back to the country I was born in and see what it is like now.

Anyway, I thought I would just say that it would be a great opportunity for anyone who wants to see what it is like to bowl overseas.
icon_cool.gif

George,
I would like to attend all events next year. Thailand was great in 1999 and Malaysia was a great this year. And would like to travel to more in 2002.
If you can arrange sponsorship for the Asian Zone Tour in 2002. Put my name down as part of the group to compete on this Tour.

Thanks,
Christian.

George,

Im definately interested in at least one of the tournaments, looking forward to getting some more information from you regarding this

Here are the dates from this years tour. Next years dates won't be too far off these. Disregard the event in January, it is the previous year grand slam finals.

# Apr 1 - 2 CGU Asian Bowling Tour, Malaysia
# Jun 24 - 25 CGU Asian Bowling Tour, Philippines
# Jul 15 - 16 CGU Asian Bowling Tour, Taipei
# Aug 5 - 6 CGU Asian Bowling Tour, China
# Oct 7 - 8 CGU Asian Bowling Tour, Thailand
# Dec 16 - 17 CGU Asian Bowling Tour, Hong Kong
# Jan 2002 18 - 20 CGU Asian Bowling Tour Grand Slam Finals 2001, Singapore

Each event will cost approx. $1000 - $1500 for flight and accomodation, also add to that entry and spending money. You are looking at about $2000 a trip at this stage. I hope I can lower that with some of my resources and contacts.

I know it seems a lot but it is only about the cost of travelling interstate 2-3 times back home, the difference being you are playing for the big bucks overseas. The competition is a bit tougher but we are very competitve over there. With a good 2 days of bowling you can earn over $20000 AUS, not bad for 5 days of travelling.

I recommend the experience to anyone, even if you only travel to one event. At the moment I am gathering names and details of people who might be interested in attending 1 or all the events. Don't be afraid to email me and register your details, I am in the planning phase now.

See you all in Canberra in December.

George
icon_cool.gif

count me in george i would love to go to all of them if others will to

I would like to know a little more about the tournaments...

Comments welcome from those who have bowled them previously - Besty, Frawls, Billy, Christian....

Anyone else would be good.

My only concern is that gambling is big on the Asian tour, they will undoubtedly try to shut out any "round eyes" who come in and try to take their prize money....

Maybe I should work on a spin shot??

At least I am getting pleanty of practice bowling on reverse block conditions here in Alice Springs.

PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE - ANY COMMENTS PLEASE..

Back
Top Bottom