11 in a row

C

clappa

Has anyone else done this,whilst in league i opened the first frame than struck out for a 11 bagger than started the next game with a with 3 in a row for an unnoficial 300 game closest i ever got in 20 yrs of bowling.I did this at the Cairns Goldpin Lanes on the 12/07/05,in our classic league.

Been there.. 9 spare then 11 strikes 290, then 4 in a row next game... :(

Going back through the archives i have bowled 11 in a row from the first to finish with my p.b of 297 about 12 years ago.Yet to bowl that perfect game.

My biggest choke was 9 strikes then a seven-miss for a 263. missed the head pin altogether on both balls.

A couple of years ago, a bowler in my league had the first 11 but lost the 12th shot off his thumb into the gutter at about 25 feet.

There was stunned silence. Couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor bloke ! Would have been his first 300 too.

Been there done that.

Open first frame, punch out, start the next game with the first 9, back to back 279's. PB of 18 in a row, and did not make the 300.

Strange this is though, bowled 5 300 games, and have not started the next game with a strike yet. Need to work on that l think.

My first attempt at the magical 300, had the first 9, then gutterball, spare strike for a massive 270. Made up for it the following week with my fisrt 300 though.

hey all,
A guy in Western Suburbs League at Sunshine had front 11 on the 12th straight in the gutter at the arrows. best i've seen is 13 in a row for 290 (can't figure it out?? ask me) best i'v done is 21 in a row, last 4, 12 straight, first 5.

Yeah i could not believe it either i really felt for him just totally lost it of the thumb .Mind you though he is a power player so things do go wrong sometimes. :confused: :confused: :confused: :

Nighteyes300 said:
hey all,
A guy in Western Suburbs League at Sunshine had front 11 on the 12th straight in the gutter at the arrows. best i've seen is 13 in a row for 290 (can't figure it out?? ask me) best i'v done is 21 in a row, last 4, 12 straight, first 5.

Foul, which was a strike. Spare it. Bag out. 13 in a row for 290.

Later Da Cowman!

Yes, been there done that. Started with 9 miss, then 11 for 279. Started next game with the first 5.

Havnt been close since. :(

Yes, been there done that. Started with 9 miss, then 11 for 279.

Ditto, managed that yesterday at Aspley. Solid 10 pin, missed spare then 11 straight.

Feral

my bowlin partner on tuesday had back 7 den 1st 9 den got a split on da last frame 4 a 265 hiz only 13 years old n he got a 674 series

Had 18 in a row twice. In 1962 or 1963,in Sydney and in 2002 at Lismore. No 300 either time. 279 and 290 games instead.

CLAPPA, In the USA. it,s called a Bomar 300, 12 in a row over two games. I myself had a 7 spare then the next 11 for 290.

My sad effort at Redcliffe yesterday is worth a mention.

Front 11, then a complete fluff of a shot for a washout. 296.

On the bright side, at least it wasn't another 299. I'd have slashed my wrists if that happened. And at least it wasn't as bad as the 295 I saw at Campbelltown a couple of years ago :)

Nighteyes300 said:
hey all,

OK, that's foul, spare and off the sheet, right?

p.s. I did see a guy roll 291 back in the late 80's (when 300 was really something - 10 a year nationally) with an AMF Strikeline drilled conventional bowling backup. It wasn't pretty, but they kept falling over for him. Poor bugger choked really badly. He let the last ball go and everyone said "OOOOHHHHhhhhh....!" before it crossed the arrows and just made the 7 pin. He was a nice guy too, so I won't mention his name.

At the time AMF was promoting Chris Batson as "Mr 300" (he had six or eight at the time, I think.) The poor fellow I mentioned got nicknamed "Mr 300 minus 9", although I never called him that. Too cruel. :)

Back
Top Bottom