Your Local Centre's All Leagues Bowl Off

S

sampson1791

OK in my league we have top male and female bowler's scores with handicapp and the person with the highest total wins bowler of the week. You can only win bowler of the week once per month but then you go into the Bowler of the Month.

You then bowl off (with Handicapp) against other league winners. If you win, you get a chance to bowl off in Bowler of the Year

So at years end there is 12 bowlers vying for Bowler of the Year (winning that pays for your league costs the following year, so for me $20 x 40 wks season = $800).

Now I am unsure of the other leagues handicap percentage used. So (and I think I know the answer to this) is fair for someone in my league using the 80% of 200 handicap system) bowling against some using 90% of 200.

I am pretty sure that all the local leagues bowl only 3 games a night but the percentage maybe different - so if it is different how can it be fixed for bowler of the month then bowler of the year.

I guess my question is how do I get equity for all the bowlers participating in this.

As far as I know, the handicaps are set at a single rate (probably 90% of 200) and calculated based on league avg as at a certain date.

As for fairness - averages stay the same, so the percentage won't make that much difference.

Somebody add to this if I'm wrong somewhere...

Jason,

The bowler of the month and the year should take the bowlers current league average as at the time of the roll off and the handicap system should be the same for all bowlers participating (80% of 200, 90% or whatever) regardless of what their individual leagues use.

I certainly hope that this is the way it is run.

Is the prize for bowler of the year correct? I was actually told that the bowler of the year gets something different to having their league bowling paid for a year. :confused:

Liz

Liz

I assumed it was the same as previous years. But I could be (& probably) am wrong).

The % question was asked b/c as I understand there can be a slight difference in the overall end result - such as last weekend where I won by a single pin. If my handicapp is based off 80% and the runner up is based on 90% then wouldn't the result be different?

Jason

No no, the BOM Hcp and league hcp aren't necessarily the same. League avg for both of you was put into BOM, and then a BOM hcp assigned based on those averages...

Otherwise you'd be right, grossly unfair if they just carried league hcp across - I bowl in a 90% of 220 league - talk about a head start :p

Back
Top Bottom