You know your a league bowler when.....

.....when you have a John McEnroe-like outburst after leaving the 10-pin from a pocket shot

......when you know all the names of the staff who work at your center

.....when you own more than 8 bowling balls but only use the same 2 or 3 balls every week

......when you notice that your scores go higher after 6 beers

you know your a league bowler when every day the counter staff have everything up and ready for you just before you walk in thru the front doors right on opening time...speed on, spare finder off, 3 min practice, PBA tour theme on, large coke on the table, money rung up, etc, etc.

I would argue that in a good centre everyone knows them. That means they are doing a good job doesn't it?

No need to argue, ha ha. We may be taking the piss a little but l would just about guarantee that we are all speaking from experience and l for one are laughing at myself remembering all the things that l have and sometimes still do over the years. There is certainly no offence meant to anyone, just having a laugh. Paul.

* When you cant take a joke on a Bowling forum and have to find something to argue about with everything everbody else posts..................

you know you're a league bowler when you go into any kind of tournament thinking you'll do well, but surprise surprise you don't match up to the skill level of others and get completely blown away...but instead of blaming it on yourself you blame others for the stuff-ups that were entirely your own fault

you know your a league bowler when you throw 3 different bowling balls in 3 different ways n keep hitting the same spot

You know you're a league bowler when:
- you can spend 12 months overseas, return to your home centre and find the same people bowling in the same leagues, even though last time you saw them they swore that they were not going to return...

- the same people that have been running leagues since day dot are still there now, and still as picky as ever because they think they're better than you.

- a Mid Country team that truly believe they're a drinking team with a bowling problem.

You know you are a league bowler when...

.... when you have six different balls and cant find the pocket with one

.... when you wont let anyone forget about the single 300 game you bowled almost 5 years ago... even though you followed it with a 140 game

.... when you attend all 6 of your leagues social functions and cant remember one

.... when the cafe cooks and brings out your usual meal without you having to order it

This is one of the best threads I've read in ages. Its pretty funny. And it helps me to know that it's the same all around. Keep them coming.

Dozza :):):)

...you buy more bowling balls in a year than you throw practise games...
...you hate bowling on 1 & 2 because they slope the wrong way...
...you want the old house shoes, not the new ones...
...you want your new ball drilled 'just like' the 9 lb house ball you threw 140 with last week...

Back
Top Bottom