You know your a league bowler when.....

this is funny! You know when you're a league bowler when: "I average less in my home centre cause the lanes are so CRAP! i average more away and cant wait to bowl elsewhere because they don't have enough decent equipment to oil a lane with and your getting splinters stuck in your ball each frame." :)

don't have enough decent equipment to oil a lane with and your getting splinters stuck in your ball each frame." )[/quote said:
Man, where do you bowl? Not goin there!

You know you're an international league bowler when...
- someone comes up to you and asks if they have bowling in Australia.
- you get asked if the scoring is the same.
- you get treated like some kind of God because you can out average everyone in the centre.
- leagues actually fill the entire centre every single night.

You know you're a league bowler when you get a "star of the week award" and you put it on the mantle when you get home!

....When you treat a local association meeting like a sitting of federal parliament, and think the decisions made there are just as important

....when you think "pro bowlers" need "set up" lane conditions to average 220

All true too!!! :p

You know you are a league bowler when

1. You go into the pro shop after league and tell the house pro the life story of EVERY shot you've thrown that week.

2. You think you know the house pro's job better than he does.

you know you're a league bowler when you can average 218 in one house, but when you go to another it drops by 20-30 pins

You arrive just before the 3rd frame has ended every week for 12 years.....
Then cant understand why your AVG has remained the same for 12 years...

... you get busted for cheating in No-Tap events.

... you ask a bowler who hooks the ball "are you a professional cos you spin the ball heaps".

... you complain that lanes are too oily because that plastic ball you bought in 1978 is hooking too much, or the lanes are too dry because the same ball was 'skidding' too much...

Stand on the approach and stare at the social bowlers on the lane next to you because they didn't give way because your a "LEAGUE BOWLER" who deserves, no sorry demands that they respect you even though you just threw a 130 game.
Haha that is so true! Seen that heaps of times.

AdrianS said:
....When you treat a local association meeting like a sitting of federal parliament, and think the decisions made there are just as important
Yeah I can attest to that one too Shelts.
When I faced a 2 year ban in 1997 for getting slightly miffed with somebody I felt like Bill Clinton sitting through his impeachment trial.
Was a joke. The only thing the committee didn't have was Old Bailey style wigs on while deliberating....

Haha!!! Ive a story on the PBA boards from the 70's about the ABC 'judging' wether a PBA tourneys 300's should be sanctioned or not, and those guys DID have the robes and wigs on!!!

You know you're a league bowler when you have nothing better to do with your day than come on a bowling forum and take the piss out of league bowlers.

....when you didn't join the ATBA even though you averaged 200

..when you DID join the ATBA even though you averaged 165!!!!

Good to see people who have gone beyond league bowling taking the piss out of the people who keep the sport going instead of encouraging them.

Well done guys. Great thread.

I'm a league bowler, everyone is. I bowl league for fun and catch up with friends. You can't help but appreciate some of the characters you see in league who take it a whole more seriously than others.

The thread is for meant for fun, not for personal attacks.

I will admit to 'moving 4 boards, 2 left and 2 right totalling 4' :D It was a big move that day, I hope it never happens again.

I'm a league bowler, everyone is. I bowl league for fun and catch up with friends. You can't help but appreciate some of the characters you see in league who take it a whole more seriously than others.

The thread is for meant for fun, not for personal attacks.

I will admit to 'moving 4 boards, 2 left and 2 right totalling 4' :D It was a big move that day, I hope it never happens again.
4 boards..? On the same day..? Whoa...

You know your a league bowler when you get to the bowl and you are the most important person in the world because everyone can't stop talking about you.

We don't need other people to take the piss out of us because we can do that just fine ourselves.

* you ride 3 lanes on a good shot crossing in front of some senior bowlers

* you drink more beers per league night than the number of league games you bowl each night :D

Back
Top Bottom