WHO WILL MAKE THE SHIELD 4 2003?

I'm from Tassie but I think my buddy Michael Cole Rix will get in!

Love Kara

i gotta feeling that the giffrix asc will be in for our last year...i think matt kanafa, ashley warren, steven rawson, matt johnson and jason turai will be tha final 7 in the boys, me and cole-rix will be 1 and 2 and not in that order...

thats my opinion

hey all
i think that the team will be:

matt johnson
ashley warren
jason turai
paul gifford
michael cole-rix
dion alexander
and my self

yeah u'll be number 1 paul.......hang on a tic...did i just see a pig fly by!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahha

its all good

matty k

shield chances 2003

what do you think the chances are of younger bowlers such as Chris Prosser and Paul Streatfield of making the team?

Predictions for this years Shield Teams hey, what a very interesting topic I say!

It's a bit sad to see that you guys are only putting up the guys team, there are girls too you know!

Not that I know too many of the younger girls myself, being out of juniors for awhile now, but I see a fair few boys around the traps and certainly quite a few of you have the talent and ability to be in the 2003 Shield Team. But will your attitudes allow you to get there?....

A few boys that I believe will be there are...
Paul Gifford, Matt Kanafa, Jason Turai and Matt Johnson. Providing you guys keep your head screwded on and not worry about how many boards you can get the ball across. Other definate contenders for these postions would have to be; Michael Cole-Rix - bowl his own game and he'll be there again for sure. But stop trying to cover too many boards. Steve Rawson - after seeing him bowl at Under 25's over the last 2 weeks, he'd have to be a favourite starter, has the ability but has to stay focused. Chris Prosser - keeping his eyes focused on whats at hand he'll defiantely go close. Ashley Warren - again, stop trying to cover 30 boards and hit the same target more than twice in one game, he'll be knocking on the door. Dion Alexander - from what I have seen of him lately, again, stay focused and a real chance. Paul Streatfield - definately has the chance, but he has to be consistant.

All of these 7 positions are up for grabs! There are NO DEFINATE starters for the 2003 team. Anyone who bowls well on the day is able to get in there. Sorry about the girls team, I hardly know of anyone who is bowling. But Lauren Mooney for sure... Who else is bowling?? :)

Hope that everyone has taken my opinions lite heartly and not too serious, they are just my views and how I think peoples games are effected! No hard feelings :D

Best of Luck to ALL that bowl in the Trials, hope you all bowl in that Warm Up for Shield Tourny too. If only it was around back in my day.. Long, long time ago now... Good luck everyone.
Martina

Ive been bowling with Chris P in a doubles league recently and i think he will be in with a chance. also ashley northway and jarrad bramberger will be amongst the top ten. Alex Klass is another who has a chance. As to who will make the 7, cant really say, top 10 will be close.

hi all, I think that all who try for shield have a chance and would do our state proud. While i agree with Marty on saying that there are no definate starters everyone has a chance i believe that from what i saw at under 25's of the young ones and the ones who have been in shield before there is great talent out there and all im sure will make a team in the coming years!!!

So with the trials in a few weeks, i wish good luck to all bowlers and know that they will all do there best!!!! :D

ps Streaty - Yes you and chris do have a chance of making the team just like everyone else and im sure you will do well :wink:

Martina, just to help ya out with the girl side which i think has been lost a bit in this topic, I think Kerry-Ann and Louise Ingoe will make it! :D :) :p

How come no-one gives the country bowlers a chance????

I don't know how well all you adelaide bowlers are going, but me and Russell are bowling some good scores and i reckon we will both be around the mark at the end!!!

It's good to see some different bowlers in with a chance this year!! should be really close!!!!!

neway! good luck to all who are entering the trials!!! I'm sure whoever makes the team will give everything for their state!!!!!!

to matt the brat

what do u mean pigs might fly??

why dont we put a bet on aye 20 bucks me versus u!!

see what ure made of!!

u know i love ya matty[/quote]

paulie, call it 10 bucks and u got urself a deal!!!!!!!!!

r u bowling in the warm up to shield next sundy????????

matty k

EBONITE.....Bowl to Win!

Hey Brad! You and Russ will do OK. Someones just gotta teach Russell that it's a bowling ball not a top, roll it don't spin it. Are you still chucking that Fire Power and Pearl Stomp by any chance? funny thing is i do these days too.

Paul you fat ba$tard!, are you trying to turn EVERYONE over there into a cranker? if so good, keep it up!!!!

Sorry , can't give out any scouting reports on the kids here, got no idea whose trying out yet.

out
the BIGGEST kid of all
Adrian

i think there is a group of about 16 or 17 guys that are good enough to make the shield team.... should be very interesting!! :? :) :shock: :D 8) :lol: :p :wink: :roll:
as for the girls i think the team will be all the girls who made it last year that are still young enough and the other 2 or 3 positions will be very tight....

good luck to every1 who is trying out this year and i'll see you all there :p :p

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

im the second part in the giffrix asociation, hehe i have 2 agree with paul, matt ur a good bowler but giff will take it out this year, he is on fire l8ly and im sure we will c this at the village on sun. but when it all boils down 2 it, it doesnt matta where u finish, each person is givin a equall go when u go away.

but as it is myn and pauls last year im sure there will b sum extra effort put in. goodluk 2 all and i think we may c who will b close 2 making the team this wekend, should b very interesting. hope u have all had ur balls weighed :wink:

cyas round Michael cole-rix 8)

myself being a keen follower of the GIFFRIX association (love u guys :p ), ive got my money on those 2 topping the boys team for sure! :D followed closely by matty... Girls team should stay the same as last year plus 3 new girlies?! dont know who tho...
just my thoughts! :)

Back
Top Bottom