Where are tomorrow's female bowling stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upyours wrote
Are those your birth names?
I don't see everyone else racing to put their real names on their posts either so why call me out for using a nickname?Insano Man has the same opinion as me..Let's see some of you bag him out for being truthful........

Starting to feel the knives upyours.......and I agree with some of the things you have said not all of them. Your views on coaching went out in the 60's.

upyours said:
scoreggia
DeadMan Walking
Cliff Challenger

Insano Man.....Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:38 pm
I'm sorry every one but upyours has a point. There is some very good junior girls out there but not many of them. The depth is very shallow.

Timmee
Murderdoll.....and others:

Are those your birth names?
I don't see everyone else racing to put their real names on their posts either so why call me out for using a nickname?Insano Man has the same opinion as me..Let's see some of you bag him out for being truthful.

HAHAHA i knew this was gonna happn. I dont hide behind a nickname, bcoz as everyone knows on this forum, my name is ADRIAN ALTIERI. I'm from WA and my hobbies include listenin to music and bowling. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and bitching and complain on the forum.... I also turned 17 yesterday, so it means I have 1 year left of junior bowling.

If you want to know about my bowling, eg. my average, high game blah blah then go look at the topic which i started a while back called BOWLER INFORMATION I started on this forum. My info is the first post on there.

I honestly dont care wot you think of me, everyone is entitled to there own opinion of me...

Also, give these girls time to reach their potential. It takes practice and more practice to be able to bowl.

Newayz Good Luck to alllllll the junior girls (and guys!!) in australia, keep up the good bowling people

Later
Adrian

I wrote this before:

If you want to know about my bowling, eg. my average, high game blah blah then go look at the topic which i started a while back called BOWLER INFORMATION I started on this forum. .

It should say:

If you want to know about my bowling, eg. my average, high game blah blah then go look at the topic which i started a while back called BOWLER INFORMATION on this forum.

Kinda got ahead of myself there..

I would have to agree with Upyours to a certain point. The talent in the junior and youth girls has dropped off in the recent years. However the girls that have the talent should be encouraged to KEEP participating, but this doesnt always happen.

How can you expect girls to compete when they never have their own division because "They wont get enough entrys". The reason they don't get the entrys is because they don't have their own division.

Girls never get the sponsorship or recognition for how good they are because they don't throw 50 million revs per shot and hook the ball gutter to gutter, but the best bowler in Australia is still Cara Honeychurch. At least she gets the recognition she deserves.

I think people reading and replying to all these posts regarding the talent, should stop concerntrating on the talent that ISN'T there and maybe start concerntrating on the talent that IS.

:!:

There is no doubt that Australian Female bowling talent has, in terms of International success, outpaced that of their male counterparts. One just has to look at the achievements of Cara, Carol, Maxine, Amanda and Anne Marie to see that with knowledge, practice, dedication and commitment REAL success in our Sport CAN be achieved. We are fortunate indeed to have Cara, Max and Carol give up of their time to help our Junior Female and male Junior bowlers achieve their full potential. That is why the CARA HONEYCHURCH SUMMER CAMP has received so many enquiries. There are only 8 places left for this unique experience so we urge all those interested to register now for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Upyours, if you want to know who I am you can look in the bowler information topic. I am not hiding behind a nickname. That is the user name that I have. There is a difference. If you ask people, most will tell you who they are.

Sure there is not as much depth in girls as the boys, but there is still a lot of talent. In a couple of years I'm sure we'll see even more talented girls emerge in the sport. I agree with you to some extent, but when you consider the the number of girls compared to the number of boys in the juniors there can't be as much depth.

Also, if there is to be more depth in girls bowling, participation in tournaments needs to be encouraged. I don't think it is the girls' fault that the junior girls division doesn't have the depth of the boys. If there was a greater participation of girls in tournaments, I'm sure that there would be a lot more depth.

Once again, check bowler information if you want my name!

You say you use as a coaching 'tactic' intimidation!
I can understand if you give your juniors goals to set and encourage them to reach them, but if you came up to the juniors in my centre and started crticising us we would tell you to F*CK OFF, encouragement is always going to be better than intimidation.

We all uncovered our identity instead of playing a guessing game why dont you fess up?

But of course you wont, because you made that username just so you could have a little cry....well heres aa box tissues now p*ss off!!!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and although i am not taking sides with upyours, everyone is entitled to their ANONYMOUS opinion as long as they dont use personal attacks.

Some people in this topic have shown the maturity of 5 year olds in their replies, so much so that I am thinking of opening a "Baby Forum" just for those people. Instead of having what could be a thought provoking debate, these people have stooped to name calling, and swearing.

It is for these reasons that this topic is now closed. Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom