Where are tomorrow's female bowling stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upyours

Upyours,
You must have a mighty game to back up that mighty mouth of yorus. I, personally, would liek to have a game of competitive bowling with you, no betting. This would be interesting. If your up to that, of course??? Gvie it a year till i arrive there, thatll gvie ya time to warm-up ey. HAHA. :p :p :p

Go DAN !!! :shock: Show this UPYOURS chap what us women are made of HAHAHA just kiddin ..

nar seriously, this guy's got a big mouth and is obviously too much of a wimp to tell us all who he is, if ur gonna bag us girls out, atleast tell us who you are.. don't be such a sook and tell us who you are !!

Play Dan haha, Dan if you lose ill just have to stick something UP YOURS :wink: haha .. cya later people

well upyours the nationals have been and u still havent written anything, does this mean that u dont agree with ur statement anymore?? I feel that there is a lot of talent out there and that there is more to come when the younger girls move up in the world. I think that next time to state something make sure that u have something to back u up and to have the guts to put ur name on your post. I feel that Bee's post was great and agree with her totally. Australia winning goal at the schools comp was awesome and no one can take that away from them.

Just because us girls arent bowling 300's everyday doesnt mean that there is no talent and for the girls that have what r u saying about them? Arent they any good? They must have some talent to bowl them.

I feel that u have put down alot of the junior females and u should think before u post anything. Also there are as many standout junior females as there are junior males.

Yours in Bowling
Jess Starkey

omg if u havent been to many comps then u wont know wot u r talkin bout ok i am female and i admit i cant bowl but i know that there are alot of gurls out there wit heaps of potenial such as Bee i see her bowl alot of the time and yes i have seen her throw some bad games but 9 out of 10 times they will be good games!! there are other gurls that only need encouragement and they would pick up alot more and there average would up by heaps... at one of my last comps i saw a gurl that was 11 and she nearlly bowled like a 200 and something every game so u cant say that there isnt many australian gurls out there that are doin any good. this chick hasnt even been bowling for more that 6 months and she is ONLY 11 so there is potential out there so sick that uo ur A****

LOL .. ummmmmmmm....... well said :lol:

Upyours has walked away wit his tail between his legs !!

upyours said:
Criticism of performance, technique or practice should be left to the coach.

I am not a parent of a bowler, however I am a coach. This is only one of my coaching techniques. Although it is highly controversial, it does work!

upyours

Upyours, there is just one thing wrong with what you said... you aren't THEIR coach. Most of them HAVE coaches. Do you actually think taunting female bowlers, particularly beginners, will inspire them to reach their potential? I'm sure I would love to be criticised if I were them. :? :roll:

upyours.....

Personally, i don't care who your are or what position of authority you feel you have on the sport, i just feel that your comments have brought to light your complete ignorance and (obviously :roll: ) offended a lot of people!

Contrary to your opinion, upyours, there is an IMMENSE amount of talent in female bowling...just think about Sylvia Wilson, shooting straight past every junior MALE'S average at sheild trials, then being undefeated right through masters, only to be beaten by Bianca, ANOTHER great talent in female youth bowling. And gee...i'm sorry, but last time i checked Cara Honeychurch, a female, was Australia's best known name and face in the international arena of the sport!

Now i'll be the last person to ever say that my bowling is up to scratch, but i found your comments rude, offensive and utterly appalling. That's why, on behalf of the general population of female bowlers out there I DEMAND AN APOLOGY!! I think it has been earnt, and a personal apology from you, upyours, is loooooong overdue.

Also, to all the prospective female juniors out there considering competitive bowling, don't listen to a***holes like this, just go for it!

-Jess :p

Couldn't have said it better myself Jess :lol: ..

Upyours .. i mean there is only one word for you .. LOSER .. what the hell is up seriously .. i think that you are just upset because you KNOW that the females of bowling have some serious talent which has been proven many many times !! What's the problem? Are they taking away your spotlight .. and the only way you can get yours is by b itching on a forum .. because you can't get into the spotlight for being a good bowler, and certainly not for your sportsmanship!!

HELL YEP JESS I AGREE !! You owe us girls an apology ..

I have another four words for you, an that is all i'll say ..

!! W A K E U P T O Y O U R S E L F !!

upyours said:
I am entitled to an opinion., which I have tried to express on this board. I am trying to say that of all the female juniors I have seen recently (and I have been to all the major junior events in Australia over the last two years)..not a one of them is impressive. Missed spares and a weak strike ball coupled with an inability to play numerous angles on the lane are the symptoms of an overall lack of knowledge and or talent.

Just because you are selected to a team or that you bowled your way onto a team, doesn't mean you're a great bowler. It simply means that the others performed even worse at that particular time. Put only non- bowlers in a tournament and someone will undoubtedly win. Does that mean the winner is a good bowler?..I think the answer is obvious.

I will be at the Junior Nationals in Melbourne watching and taking notes. More will be said when the tournament is completed.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO!

Just thought I would put this back up for all of you to read. Please note the bit about being to ALL the major juniors tournaments in 2002 and 2003.

After reading all of the posts in this string, I can say that a few of you have resorted to calling me a soft c0ck and gutless and a lousy bowler as well. If you'll READ my posts, you'll find that I NEVER named anyone or singled out any bowler in particular..I merely stated that as a whole, our junior girls weren't very good.

YES, there are a couple of very talented young ladies out there who have graduated to the adult ranks in the last couple of years. What worries me is not these ladies, but where the NEXT crop of championship caliber bowlers will be coming from. it certainly doesn't look that anyone will be stepping up to claim their spot in the near future.

And as a special invitation to the Pennsylvania Junior bowler ..Let me know when you'll be arriving in Australia and I'll show you what I've got...PS..check your ego at customs!

And lastly...Anyone who guesses my true identity on here will get a special prize. (and possibly open me up to even more criticism at the same sime) One guess per person please.

upyours said:
upyours said:
I am entitled to an opinion., which I have tried to express on this board. I am trying to say that of all the female juniors I have seen recently (and I have been to all the major junior events in Australia over the last two years)..not a one of them is impressive. Missed spares and a weak strike ball coupled with an inability to play numerous angles on the lane are the symptoms of an overall lack of knowledge and or talent.

Just because you are selected to a team or that you bowled your way onto a team, doesn't mean you're a great bowler. It simply means that the others performed even worse at that particular time. Put only non- bowlers in a tournament and someone will undoubtedly win. Does that mean the winner is a good bowler?..I think the answer is obvious.

I will be at the Junior Nationals in Melbourne watching and taking notes. More will be said when the tournament is completed.

SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO!

Just thought I would put this back up for all of you to read. Please note the bit about being to ALL the major juniors tournaments in 2002 and 2003.

After reading all of the posts in this string, I can say that a few of you have resorted to calling me a soft c0ck and gutless and a lousy bowler as well. If you'll READ my posts, you'll find that I NEVER named anyone or singled out any bowler in particular..I merely stated that as a whole, our junior girls weren't very good.

YES, there are a couple of very talented young ladies out there who have graduated to the adult ranks in the last couple of years. What worries me is not these ladies, but where the NEXT crop of championship caliber bowlers will be coming from. it certainly doesn't look that anyone will be stepping up to claim their spot in the near future.

And as a special invitation to the Pennsylvania Junior bowler ..Let me know when you'll be arriving in Australia and I'll show you what I've got...PS..check your ego at customs!

And lastly...Anyone who guesses my true identity on here will get a special prize. (and possibly open me up to even more criticism at the same sime) One guess per person please.

An idiot?!?!?!

hahahahhaha play nice :p But I think saying that about USA Bowler Pensylvania is a bit rich hey. He is a top fella and his ego will pass customs no troubles :wink: yeah I'll come watch the two of you bowl against each other, I am sure he will tell me the where and when :lol:

I'm sorry every one but upyours has a point. There is some very good junior girls out there but not many of them. The depth is very shallow.
Ok and before you all jump up and down and post calling me an idiot, let me say don't bother I don't care. I don't have hide my identity anyone who knows me will know who I am.
I must say your bit weak not revealing who you are upyours.

micky_macca said:
upyours said:
upyours said:

SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO!

An idiot?!?!?!

I second that. :lol:

maybe upyours doesnt want to tell any1 his real name cause the girls would probably bash him,just a thought

At this point if Upyours did tell us who he was I'm guessing he wouldn't be getting much respect from readers here.
Constructive criticism is ok but you come across as very negative, insulting and unsupportive. Yes, maybe there are few junior female bowlers and that's for whatever good reason but why not gain some support for this cause with a different approach. And I'm not talking about sweet as pie type approach either. If you are passionate about the sport and know all there is to know then back it up and do something about it. I guarantee that if your intentions were good you would gain support and numbers would grow quickly.
BUT if at this point you can't say anything inspiring, positive or encouraging well don't say anything at all.

scoreggia
DeadMan Walking
Cliff Challenger

Insano Man.....Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:38 pm
I'm sorry every one but upyours has a point. There is some very good junior girls out there but not many of them. The depth is very shallow.

Timmee
Murderdoll.....and others:

Are those your birth names?
I don't see everyone else racing to put their real names on their posts either so why call me out for using a nickname?Insano Man has the same opinion as me..Let's see some of you bag him out for being truthful.

im going to start by putting my real name on the post its Amanda Duffy.............i have been bowling for over half my life and have been out of juniors for bout 3 years..........i will probably never be at the ranks i hope to achieve but that hasnt stopped me from doing sumthing i love

yes i agree that a lot of junior female bowlers that have gone to compete at adult level are very good, but i also know a lot of junior female bowlers that have quit when they got to adult ranks that had the talent to be some of the best talent australia has seen yet choose to quit as bowling wasnt want they wanted in life and didnt want to put up with the crap and pettiness of the sport

and i know for a fact wen others see ur last post upyours they will post their names........agree with tim that Dan is a top block and will probably give our junior guys a run for there money (sorry to name u Dan)

and that before you put anymore female bowlers down maybe u should put ur money where ur mouth is and show us that u have the talent that you say u do..........

im going to start by putting my real name on the post its Amanda Duffy.............i have been bowling for over half my life and have been out of juniors for bout 3 years..........i will probably never be at the ranks i hope to achieve but that hasnt stopped me from doing sumthing i love

yes i agree that a lot of junior female bowlers that have gone to compete at adult level are very good, but i also know a lot of junior female bowlers that have quit when they got to adult ranks that had the talent to be some of the best talent australia has seen yet choose to quit as bowling wasnt want they wanted in life and didnt want to put up with the crap and pettiness of the sport

and i know for a fact wen others see ur last post upyours they will post their names........agree with tim that Dan is a top block and will probably give our junior guys a run for there money (sorry to name u Dan)

and that before you put anymore female bowlers down maybe u should put ur money where ur mouth is and show us that u have the talent that you say u do..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom