What is your reason for not bowling tournaments?

Why DON"T you bowl tournaments?

• I don't consider myself good enough to be competitive

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • Can't get the time off work / school

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Can't afford the entry fee / travel / accomodation costs

Votes: 59 42.4%
  • The prize fund versus cost just isn't worth the risk.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • I really don't know, I've never entered a tournament.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2. Bowling isn't as much fun anymore. Stricter rules on gamesmanship, sledging, exuberance on the lanes have basically killed the fun factor. Watching a tournament these days is like watching a snail race. There just isn't much life out there and you get shut down if you try to inject some spark into the event. Oh sure, the old Bruce Peel temper tantrums used to be a bit embarrassing for the sport, but they also livened the game up. Tennis was never more popular than when people were waiting for the next McEnroe outburst. Bowling Rachuig last year, while it was competitive, it had no where near the enjoyment of years past when friendly sledging was part of everyones armoury and gamesmanship was at the forefront. No wonder we only had 10 people standing around watching. They were probably having a hard time staying awake.
To sum up, bring some life back into the game, and let people be comfortable while they bowl and who knows, you may see entries increase again.
Jan

i agree 100%

Good one and I bet you would get away with it to with your occupation being a Pro Wrestler :p:);)

I am not really a pro wrestler .... i just wrestle when i'm not working or bowling .... Trying to break it into the masked wrestling fraternity. Just don't seem to have the right mask :confused:

I am not really a pro wrestler .... i just wrestle when i'm not working or bowling .... Trying to break it into the masked wrestling fraternity. Just don't seem to have the right mask :confused:

Thanks for the reply. Good luck with finding the right mask ;)

I knew if I waited long enough Jan and I would agree on something - there is definitely a lack of fun in the sport - being one of the people who seems to get into trouble for trying to inject a little fun, be it wearing coloured hair, fish net stockings or just singing when there is no music, if we could get back to where it was a few years ago, with people wanting to bowl and represent whatever it is they are there to represent, be it state, personal or centre we would find a lot more involvement both from bowlers and spectators, which could only be a good thing. People need to lighten up and accept that not everyone who bowls is supposed to act like their grandparents. This is ten pin bowling, not lawn bowling.

EXCUSE ME !!! Grandparents not having fun !! You are in the wrong state, I'm afraid - Sunday morning squad in Twin Tour at 8.30am check in (tooooo early for the young ones) comprises mostly of 'oldies' who ENJOY !

Two of our more senior bowlers were observed locking reindeer antlers during the Silly Season doubles - I seriously think you should consider moving to the best state in Oz away from those dour politicians.

Have a happy FUN Christmas and New Year.

Flower

Have to agree with you FLOWER on the oldies having just as much fun if not more and 99% of the time it is done in a dignified and friendly manner :cool:. Cant wait till I can play in the SENIOR league at my local. Get a bit sick of the young know it alls, done it alls, (and didn't learn anything from it alls). Binge drinking and tenpin just dont mix :mad:.
Cant agree with you on the best State in OZ though :rolleyes:. But you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else.
Christmas Cheers
Julie

Didn't mean any offence by the "old" crack, but you helped me prove my point that bowling does not have to be treated as if we are all visiting the Pope. We are old enough to know better but young enough to enjoy it, so how about we all get over ourselves and let bowlers enjoy themselves in the way they know how whilst still maintaining a certain level of decorum (that is, no mooning people whilst on the approach).

No offence taken PIXIE. Glad to see you did some research thanks for the quote. Merry Christamas and safe New Year.
Cheers Julie

Back
Top Bottom