What a shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
people should expect a level of service but nothing more
where ever there are machines the are to be breakdowns
the older the machines the more it happens
when samuel says take the crap else where but then says scott has every right complain is very hypocritical
scott at the start of this thread has erged others to complain
starting a campaign againts a former employer of his and his dads
which is as samual says should be confined to the school yard
BOWL SOMEWHERE ELSE
if you get what you think is bad service at a resteraunt do you go back
and if scott mentions that the lane conditions are that bad he should of bowled on the road you should try it i have
one thing i have noticed since coming back to the sport if someone doesnt get what they want they whinge and complain
GET OVER IT
daniel

You dont seem to understand the definition of hypocritical.

Having bowlers continually interrupted by failures is not a normal thing and the people in here have every right to expect more. Saying that things break down, and because they are old it happens more often is just a cop out. There are other centres in australia with old equipment (in some cases, very old), yet they manage to keep down time to a minimum. There is a big difference between good and poor management which other people have alluded to. From the sounds of it, its simply not a one off case, it seems to be happening to other bowlers as well.

Ohh, right so you think this is personal? i guess the other people who complained in here have a personal vendetta against the same people too? :rolleyes: You think milton is the only centre to have people complain about it in here? you should do a websearch and you will see plenty more.

There is a difference between getting what you want and simply being able to bowl. So every person in this thread who has a problem with the situation is just a whinger? or maybe there really is something wrong and people are sick of being stuffed about?

Daniel and Vossy is it,

Some advice for the two of you!

Before typing a reply and attacking someone get some facts straight.

Scott hasn't started this to start a campaign against a former employer of his and his Dads so you put it. He has started it because the level of what you PAY for at Milton at the moment is Crap.. Yes we have put up with it, yes we have an option to go else where so you put it, ever heard of contract leagues, i am in a couple and believe you me you stick it out because you have too.. Maybe one day you will find yourself in a similar circumstance and look back and go gees i now see what Scott was on about.. I don’t agree with all of what Scott has typed, conditions are definitely inconsistent dry one week and greasy the next but hey you learn to adapt to what is there.. The amount of break downs is unacceptable and yes until you bowl there week in and week out you may have a slight understanding to what the hell is going on there rather than just taking a guess and a pot shot at Scott..

I have bowled at Milton for over 10 years and this year by far is the most disappointing.. I feel for the control staff as yes they sometimes to cop the brunt of it. But i suppose that’s in any customer service position regardless of what you do. I agree with earlier posts that yes the cafe is excellent and well priced also, (even the water is cheap for Graeme:) ), but come on don’t try and tell me that because equipment is old that we should just expect it, give me a break... those machines seem to run very well for the last five years... what because they are 6 months older all the equipment now is expected to just break….

I don’t think so..

Its amazing how well the Bar is looked after there, Wonder why that is:confused: :confused:

look i didnt go out to attack anyone but it is just stupid to complain about this here it just doesnt do anything but annoy people because it is all that we read
and believe me i have worked with a lot of different machinary over the last 13 years a lot of million dollar stuff the last lot was worth just over 2 million and it broke down if i remember it was only 12 months old and had a broken wire that took maintenance 3 days to find
like a broken wire on lane 2 on a lot older machine
jase just a question what would you say to a customer that rolled in with a fx holden 1 owner and said it blows smoke
mmmmmmmmmmm
its old maybe time for a new car
daniel

Any machinery can break down. Everyone knows that.

The problem is when this becomes chronic. And keeps happening, and happening, and happening..

It is clear that these machines are not running like they did a very short few months ago. I highly doubt, as Jase said, that they just collapsed because of age within that time.

Old machines take a lot more "love, care and attention".. if they aren't gettng it, they break down lots. I've seen it myself, and with Brunswick machines the problem seems to be more prevalent. With AMF machinery you can sort of bodge it for a while and make it work.. these machines are a little more fussy, and take longer to fix when something major does go wrong.

Maintainence includes two key factors - knowledge and $$$. I don't know about the $$$ side because I don't know the management there, but I do know that when someone with as much experience as Harold goes, the knowledge stocks are sure to be a bit less.

I know of many bowling centres that keep an eye on this forum.. I wouldn't say that this is an inappropriate place to air a concern.. have a whinge.. whatever you want to call it. The hospitality was great at Milton at the Champs, I'm not knocking that. But Lanes 9/10 are another matter.

Why dont you all get over it, you have valid points but for god's sake does it need to keep going on and on.

I am sure we all have problems in each centre that we bowl in, some just wish to air it than others. Honestly I am sick of reading the crap that is coming out of this centre. I know that you bowlers cant pull out because of the money involved but there must be a better way to address your porblems than this.

I am sure you can all shot me down for this post go hard, I will reply.

You can't blame bowlers for being frustrated. Whining about the problems at Milton isn't going to solve anything and telling people to "get over it" isn't going to solve anything. People should respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think the league needs to voice their frustrations to centre management. They surley wouldn't take the risk of losing their biggest league and actually do something about the problems but from what iv heard about the management there i could be wrong

The plot thickens..................
If Scott was honestly concerned for Milton Bowl and the league bowlers, etc, etc as he says he is..............why would he voice his concerns on a public forum ?
Would you not achieve better the desired results quicker by being proactive and raising your concerns with the league/president, have a meeting and then make a combined unamious approach to management with your concens?
I do agree with Scott and the other people who have complained about the machinery breaking down...............it does seem to be excessive..........and I certainly was not aware of these type of problems previously.
However I do not agree with the method he has taken to address his concerns.
If he took the time to post a thread, why couldn't he just print it out and deliver it to the manager/ owner personally requesting a meeting to discuss the problems and solutions?
In my opinion, if Scott is honestly trying to HELP Milton he's not going about it the right way................inciting the crowd and encouraging a mob metality is rarey productive but rather counter productive............
If we truly want to address these problems, lets start putting forth the solutions
Shawn

double_d said:
jase just a question what would you say to a customer that rolled in with a fx holden 1 owner and said it blows smoke
mmmmmmmmmmm
its old maybe time for a new car
daniel

I can answer that one quiet easily,

I actually have a customer in with a beat up old FC Holden as we speak, I told him sure mate if you’re prepared to spend the dollars we will fix it up for you... Believe you me when he gets it back Daniel he won’t have to expect it to come back in on a tow truck week after week...

I would gladly fix any model and if its a BERC BMW or old FX as you put it they will all be reliable

Thanks for allowing me to give Pearson Automotive a plug for free....;)

Looks like someones having a bad day...:cool:

p.s Shawn... I am the league president and yes because of this thread the league is having a meeting next week.

Samael,
I was responding to Scott for a post that got deleted that was addressed to me! I couldnt give a rats about the current situation at Milton!
Get your facts right you clown!

Ronnie

RC said:
Samael,
I was responding to Scott for a post that got deleted that was addressed to me! I couldnt give a rats about the current situation at Milton!
Ronnie
C'mon fellas can't we all just get along?? Remember what Michael Jackson used to say "what the world needs is more love". Right now, Milton needs some love, the machines need love and attention. So lets all stick together and get this issue resolved

What milton needs is the owners to look after their product or they could see a decline in league numbers next yr i'm guessing.

But really i believe the social bowling at nites is good with the local uni, so?

just responding to jase about the bar at milton it is being looked after very well because gary and i drink so much on thursday nights.

Bowling last night at Milton has decided for me that I will not be returning there after my league this year is completed. Last night I became the lucky owner of three damaged bowling balls. Including my new Black Widow which hasn’t even had 12 games on it. And my Smiley spare ball. Isn’t that fantastic? When I complained about the damage done all that I received from the technician was a “Bugger.” No apology. No offer to repair the balls. Nothing. All four of us who were bowling on the lanes received big scratches across our bowling balls.

I was told that the reason they were damaged is because the technician had put carpet on the thing that picks the balls up and that wore down and ended up tearing into the balls as they were picked up. Personally I don’t understand everything he was saying because I don’t really know anything about the machinery because im not a technician!:rolleyes: :confused:

When I called this morning and spoke to the manager about the situation he apologised and offered to have the balls repaired. However now I don’t think that I could trust my hundreds of dollars worth of equipment with them. So instead now I must pay to have someone else resurface my balls for me. On a brand new bowling ball aswell. You have got to be kidding!!

I can sympathize with u MiSs HoT pAnTs. My 1st ever game at Milton i had ball chewed up on 9 & 10. Milton did agree to replace my ball though cause it was unrepairable. Hope u get your gear fixed properly or replaced.

Kellie said:
Why dont you all get over it, you have valid points but for god's sake does it need to keep going on and on.
I am sure we all have problems in each centre that we bowl in, some just wish to air it than others. Honestly I am sick of reading the crap that is coming out of this centre. I know that you bowlers cant pull out because of the money involved but there must be a better way to address your porblems than this.
I am sure you can all shot me down for this post go hard, I will reply.

What would you propose? complain to management? how many managers have you known that will listen to people as they come up and complain to them? especially if they arent considered high standing patrons of the centre.

RC said:
Samael,
Ronnie

Show us the deleted post then you turkey :rolleyes:

Samael said:
Show us the deleted post then you turkey :rolleyes:

Go back under your rock you idiot! I never deleted any threads, the administrators did and it is all over and done with now.

Why dont you go back out in front of your local bowling alley and lay under a moving car! ;)

Best Wishes,
Ronnie

Did i say you deleted it?
You replied to my post like i should have known the post was deleted which is impossible. And you call me a clown for it? geeze, where's your big hat and funny shoes mate? :rolleyes:

and we wonder why people dont take the sport. as a sport. coz we have clowns on a bowling forum fighting. we should be promoting the game not fighting about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom