walter deeveer

CONGRATULATIONS to all the bowlers that made the Walter De-Veer team.

Also Well Done to Isaac Elliot who bowled the only 300 of the weekend in the first game on Saturday.

Maybe next time, if there is a next time I might actually bowl average!!

Anyway Good Luck to everyone at Bankstown in October.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Just wanted to say a "big" thank you to everyone for a great weekend of bowling. To be a novice and participate in such a positive atmosphere was fantastic.

Hey, Pam, have you got a spare 'cruiser' for me?

Thanks again, everyone

Julia
icon_rolleyes.gif

Would someone be so kind as to list the successful 2002 team members?
Ta muchly!
icon_razz.gif

Walter de Veer 2002 Team (SA)

Mens

Isaac ELLIOTT
Maurice HOWIE
Wesley CRAILL
John DEWIT
Kevin HELGESON
Lindsay DUTSCHKE
Simon POTTER

Ladies

Lilian GYSS
Julia STROH
Marcie DUTSCHKE
Pam TURNER
Tonya GOWER
Jessica FILLMORE
Anna DUIN
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Just as a point of interest. I have just finished bowling in the league that I bowl in on a Monday night and as a result of my bowling I bowled 139, 201 and 230 (190 average).

I think that the moral of the story here is that on the weekend I put a lot of unnecassary preasure on myself which I shouldn't have. The important thing is to concentrate on your own game and to not worry about what the other person is doing and to take each game frame by frame. No one's got to do or get anything.

I guess we all learn by our mistakes, just how well we learn differs from person to person. Hopefully the next tournament I bowl in I won't be as bad as I was on the weekend!!
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Hey Julia,

There is always a "Cruiser" in my bag for you

Now "I'M EXCITED"..............Thanks Skinny

Great Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to everyone who made the 2002 Walter DeVeer Team.

Fantastic effort from Issac Elliott for his 300 Game. Great to see!!!!!!!!

We are going to have a fantastic time in Sydney, and it will be a great experience for all the new bowlers as it was for me last year.

I can tell you I am glad to be part of the team again this year. Had to work my butt off!!!!!! hehe

Pam T

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Now Pam, come on be honest...It was never in doubt even though you might not have thought so..
How do you think I felt with all you bowlers who knew everyone. I felt like a fish out of water and what really surprised me was how welcome everyone made me feel.

Sydney is my old stamping ground, it will be good to go back.

Do you know what other tournaments here we have to play. Someone mentioned something about one in the Barossa. I know about the Noarlunga one.

Anyway keep the cruisers cold.. Me I like the red ones...

catch ya

Julia
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

CONGRATULATIONS to all the bowlers that made the Walter De-Veer team.

Also Well Done to Isaac Elliot who bowled the only 300 of the weekend in the first game on Saturday.

Maybe next time, if there is a next time I might actually bowl average!!

Anyway Good Luck to everyone at Bankstown in October.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Just wanted to say a "big" thank you to everyone for a great weekend of bowling. To be a novice and participate in such a positive atmosphere was fantastic.

Hey, Pam, have you got a spare 'cruiser' for me?

Thanks again, everyone

Julia
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Would someone be so kind as to list the successful 2002 team members?
Ta muchly!
icon_razz.gif

Walter de Veer 2002 Team (SA)

Mens

Isaac ELLIOTT
Maurice HOWIE
Wesley CRAILL
John DEWIT
Kevin HELGESON
Lindsay DUTSCHKE
Simon POTTER

Ladies

Lilian GYSS
Julia STROH
Marcie DUTSCHKE
Pam TURNER
Tonya GOWER
Jessica FILLMORE
Anna DUIN
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Julia, the tournament that is in the Barossa is called the Barossa Cup. It is held at Barrossa Bowl on the 10th and 11th of August. Entry fee is $150, for a copy of the entry form there is an electronic copy posted in the tournament information forum on this site.

Also in the near future (beginning of July), SAMBA are holding another 10 game tournament which is to be held at Village Bowl. The cost of this tournament is about $120 and as far as I know it will be done on a skins basis so if you bowl well you may get your money back plus some more.

I will be hopefully receiving some more information on this tournament in the very near future and will be able to confirm the above details for you. For more information refer to the article titled "10 game scratch tournament". This article has contact details if you want to give someone a ring and show your interest or find out more info.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Just as a point of interest. I have just finished bowling in the league that I bowl in on a Monday night and as a result of my bowling I bowled 139, 201 and 230 (190 average).

I think that the moral of the story here is that on the weekend I put a lot of unnecassary preasure on myself which I shouldn't have. The important thing is to concentrate on your own game and to not worry about what the other person is doing and to take each game frame by frame. No one's got to do or get anything.

I guess we all learn by our mistakes, just how well we learn differs from person to person. Hopefully the next tournament I bowl in I won't be as bad as I was on the weekend!!
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Hey Julia,

There is always a "Cruiser" in my bag for you

Now "I'M EXCITED"..............Thanks Skinny

Great Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to everyone who made the 2002 Walter DeVeer Team.

Fantastic effort from Issac Elliott for his 300 Game. Great to see!!!!!!!!

We are going to have a fantastic time in Sydney, and it will be a great experience for all the new bowlers as it was for me last year.

I can tell you I am glad to be part of the team again this year. Had to work my butt off!!!!!! hehe

Pam T

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Now Pam, come on be honest...It was never in doubt even though you might not have thought so..
How do you think I felt with all you bowlers who knew everyone. I felt like a fish out of water and what really surprised me was how welcome everyone made me feel.

Sydney is my old stamping ground, it will be good to go back.

Do you know what other tournaments here we have to play. Someone mentioned something about one in the Barossa. I know about the Noarlunga one.

Anyway keep the cruisers cold.. Me I like the red ones...

catch ya

Julia
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Thank you kind sir, you're a 'well of information.'. Gee, I'm glad I found this sight, I have learnt so much in such a short time.

Cheers, Julia

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Julia, the tournament that is in the Barossa is called the Barossa Cup. It is held at Barrossa Bowl on the 10th and 11th of August. Entry fee is $150, for a copy of the entry form there is an electronic copy posted in the tournament information forum on this site.

Also in the near future (beginning of July), SAMBA are holding another 10 game tournament which is to be held at Village Bowl. The cost of this tournament is about $120 and as far as I know it will be done on a skins basis so if you bowl well you may get your money back plus some more.

I will be hopefully receiving some more information on this tournament in the very near future and will be able to confirm the above details for you. For more information refer to the article titled "10 game scratch tournament". This article has contact details if you want to give someone a ring and show your interest or find out more info.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Hi pam

no probs anytime.

were all EXCITED!!! now

congrats to all that made this years team

onya issac great game put some pressure on the old man now hey jeff????

skins
icon_smile.gif

Thank you kind sir, you're a 'well of information.'. Gee, I'm glad I found this sight, I have learnt so much in such a short time.

Cheers, Julia

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_smile.gif

Hi Julia,

The tournament in the Barossa is Bob Elliot Memorial that we competed in last year.
Looks like it is going to be a 2 two tournament, last year only one........
24/25th August.
Also state championships and probably a State team challenge (Rachuig, President Shield and De Veer teams) in September. Once the Management has been announced things will really get organised and we will know more of what we are doing. Lots to do and not really a whole lot of time so we will be busy.

Pam T
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom