Virgin Blue Baggage Allowance

The Spanner

Tenpin's Jamie Lyon
I was just told that Virgin no longer have a baggage allowance for sporting goods. Excess charged at $15 per kilo, ouch!

I believe TBA was looking into another carrier?? There was an arrangement they had with virgin at one stage for silver members that virgin dropped but I haven't heard anything since

Qantas's new baggage is heaps better now, another $20 per bag, that bag can be up to 23kg I believe. Qantas seems more concerned on the number of bags more so than the weight now. Better for bowlers and another reason why I renewed my Qantas Club membership

Also Jetstar you can pay i think its like $40 and u get an extra 40kg...So if you are looking for cheap flights, jetstar are pretty decent

Never had a problem with them

Also Jetstar you can pay i think its like $40 and u get an extra 40kg...So if you are looking for cheap flights, jetstar are pretty decent

Never had a problem with them

Exactly, flying out of Newcastle is a lot easier now with Jetstar, $40 get my 40kg which is 5 bowling balls and the flights if bought early enough are cheap. Qantas is good now with the per bag scenario but flights generally more expensive unless you have points.

Back
Top Bottom