Visionary Violet Gargoyle

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Many thanks to Max and Lee at Bowling Ball Australia for the chance to throw these great balls.

Drilled up with the pin 5" from PAP below fingers at 90 degrees. 1500 grit polish out of box finish left on the ball.

Very easy through the heads with any trace of oil, and delivers a very strong, hard arc. If you drilled it up to flip, I'm sure this baby will. Could very easily shoot 20 at the arrows out to 5 with plenty of ball to spare, or firm up and play straight up the boards with a solid pop at the deck. Not sure how it would handle heavy soup with the polish, but for your average league pattern, it would be a perfect additon to any bag.

Turned quite a few heads with the colour (think of a brighter Hammer High Rev)... The ladies will love it.... beleive me ;) The guys were a little worried about it, until they saw it roll.

Only downfall I could find was carrydown. STAY AWAY FROM IT! That's what other balls are designed for. :)

That is one bright aggot androoo, but eh, if it works then the brighter and girlier looking the better :)
Mantis

Gday All,

Thought I might write my review on this little puppy, after a days fantastic bowling with it. 3inch pin, 3 oz top, Box Finish, label drilling, pin next to and ever so slightly under ring. If I had to put numbers on it, it would be about a 4 X 4 3/4...

Went down to Keon Park to watch some of the juniors have a practise. Chaddy boys and girls were there also. Condition looked like a medium/slick pattern with medium reacting backends, typical broken down Keon Park pattern, no go zone outside 5. There were a couple of bowlers struggling, as the backends didnt look to consistent, so I thought i would have a practise for a bit of a challenge.

Started off with my Frankie May Gryphon, playing 20 out to 10, (1 open, lotsa strikes, 257) when Old man Stace asked me to show him what the Gargoyle would do (the colour does it!!!) since it was only practise, I thought bugger it, why not. Glad he asked me to.

Even only having used it for 20 or so games before hand, I knew where to play the lanes straight away, the violet is all backend arc, and approximately 6 boards at the arrows weaker (generally speaking). Loves hitting the dry down back... next game 248 with 8 in a row, playing 15/16 out to 5.

As the shot started to burn up a little (3rd game 195, 2 opens, finished with the last 6), it was as simple as a 1X1 move, using the same break-point finishing with a 277 (front 9, lazy 7pin with 6 messengers not being able to hit it down in the 10th, hacked the last shot through the nose)

In summary, the whole time, the reaction is ultimate control, where getting to the pocket is easy, carry is consistent and FANTASTIC, and the head turn factor is 10/10 (real men arent afraid to bowl with girly colours, I think the ball suits my eyes :p ;) ) Scouts and Messengers are always available, and its a ball that although it does love to be 'reved up,' it just as good at carrying playing a straighter shot when the need arises, (Box Hill later on that evening, generally my 'problem house' did ok there too) the Violet Gargoyle is currently my favourite ball in my bag. It is even BETTER than the FRANKIE MAY!!!

This ball is definately a must have BENCHMARK ball from Visionary, is a keeper, and its at the right price too...

Thanks Max, 6mths ago I had never heard of Visionary, now I will bowl with nothing else!!!

Regards

Andrew Tonkin

I have to aggree with Andrew there (whom I had the pleasure of finally meeting at Nationals on Sunday), They deffinately look great down the lane, I managed to get some great video clips of some of the Visionary range being thrown at Nationals, stay tuned as they will be online soon for viewing..

My Girlfriend is now screaming for one by the way, deffinately a popular choice with the ladies, to quote her "I don't really care what it does, it's Purple! I WANT ONE!!!"...

Very very lucky it's a solid performing ball on top of that...

--------------------------------------------
~ Alan Shephard
TEAM BOWLING BALLS AUSTRALIA
Sydney NSW Outlet

www.bowlingballsaustralia.com.au
www.visionarybowling.com

[email protected]

I've been watching Gavin at Richlands.......Visionary dealer in S/E Queensland,
puching holes in this Visionary gear.It is fantastic!. I threw a Violet Gargoyle demo ball he has in his proshop. The ball has been drilled with the pin at around 3 O'clock and the ball just goes and goes and goes.It gets through the heads with ease and has a controlable but aggressive hook into the pocket.Everyone that has thrown this ball is so impressed it wont be long before we see these balls everywhere.Very consistant and predictable hook ability will make this ball one of the best.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom