Visionary Green Gargoyle

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Drilled 5.5" at 75 degrees (no balance hole) and left in box finish.

This thing sails through the heads, with only a little oil needed. Not a ball for heavy oil, or a severe wet-dry condition as it can be very over-under.

In comparison to the Violet, the Green Pearl would be about 5 feet longer in the oil, with the same backend reaction. It is a great compliment to any arsenal if you need a go long, flip hard ball. During practise I played around with both of them, and after drying up the track enough so the Violet wanted to stand up early, playing the same line with the Green got the length back down the lane and saved some pop for the pins.

Extremely good looking ball too.... Brought back memories of my old Turbo/C

Picked one of these up from Richlands 2 weeks ago didnt have a chance to get it punched out until yesterday and had a roll with it today what a ball.

Specs:
Weight: 15lb 2 oz
Pin: 3 - 4 Inches
Top Wt: 2.9 oz
Style: Tweener
Speed: Medium

Drilled with the pin at 2o'clock from ring finger about 18 mm away
with the CG almost half way between fingers and thumb. (standard lable drilling as I have with my Violet Gargoyle)

I bought this ball for drier conditions so i headed down to Ashmore this arvo as i know they short oil in morning and usally are pretty dry at about 3ish,

Chucked the first game with it and struggled to get used to it snapping so late was standing on 20 shooting 10 board, in practice i rolled it then rolled the violet it seems to go an extra 4 - 7 feet longer down the lane before reaching its break point. As i said i struggled and shot 129.

We then waited while they oiled the lanes, after a few shots with solid i thought i would give the green pearl ago on the fresh lanes standing at 15 and shooting 10, what way to go i shot 243 and 256 and 198 i then had to shift to another pair and it continued i shot a 276..

It just seemed so easy i was rolling it nice and easy down 10 and it would go about to 45 feet and snap in to the pocket not too many 10 pins which is strange at Ashmore. I have to say i was loving it, if i hadnt of had to start work at 5:30 i would proabably had a couple more games.

This is now the 3rd Visonary ball ive bought in the last 4 months and none of them have disapointed me.

All i can say is bring on The Immortal solid, As soon as they can be pre ordered I'll be there :) .

I will post a full review after i have used the ball alittle more but i recently had one of these drilled up by tonx.

Used it on teusday night after a doubles league throwing plastics. The ball left ALOT of 10pins and was rolling up a bit weak. I figured id better try it on something a little drier.

Pulled her out yesterday and i must say i was shocked at how much it hooked! was alot stronger than tuesday night. Things started slow experimenting with the ball and stuff 163 177, i settled on on a line for the last 2 games and had 18 strikes for a 245 232(not bad for a 160ave bowler:p and dont we all love it when splits ruin good games?). This ball hit unbelievable hard! put it in pocket and there was no hope of anything standing!(except 1 7pin and a 9pin doh!).

The green for me was relatively smooth, was rolling up a bit in the mid lane but had plenty of pop in the backend.

Some balls ive used have had dull sounds when hitting the pins with far from impressive pin fall. Not the GREEN GARGOYLE. I honestly havent heard a ball with a crack as loud as the green when driving into the pocket., it was music to my ears.

Not bad for my first visionary ball! thanks max at BBA and tonx for drilling it up, cant wait to get my violet drilled and i will be ordering the immortal soon:D

Give it a week or 2 and i will post a full review with photos and video.

Cheers
Chris O'Shea...converted visionary hack

Back
Top Bottom