Visionary violet gargoyle

tonx said:
As Ive said many a time, REAL MEN arent afraid to use girlly coloured balls!!!

Well Tonx
that will be my next ball, thnx for the Frankie, been practicing, getting used to the outside line, bowling some nice 257, 232, 214 games M8.

Tried mine a couple of times and I cant control it on our lanes. I think it was drilled to agressively. Prehaps I just don't know how to throw it properly.

Mantis said:
Tried mine a couple of times and I cant control it on our lanes. I think it was drilled to agressively. Prehaps I just don't know how to throw it properly.

How was it drilled? Scuff the cover a little with some WET 1200grit sandpaper, it will make it a little more even, this may help with the control factor.

This is a ball that doesnt work on dry lanes guys, unless you have some serious ball speed or very low revs.... Its much stronger than most other mid priced reactive bowling balls that ive thrown.

Cheers!

Dont know how to explain it properly Tonx but the finger holes are beside and behing the pin and it has a weight hole as well. If I throw it with my hand coming over the top of the ball it will go virtually straight but if I give it some revs at about 45 deg it will really take off when it hits the dry lane. Remember I am new at all this. Maybe just a lot more practice is needed.

Richard, this ball is working as it should for you. Now it comes back to positioning in your approach, try moving a few boards to your left (if you are a right hander) and throwing over the same mark.

Regards.....Max

Thanks Max, thats exactly what our centre high score holder told me yesterday. I moved from the centre dot to the next dot to the left and threw over my same mark and everything worked. I started striking again where I haven't been able to buy a strike lately.

By the way, I get plenty of helpful messengers with the 16 pounder. It really kicks the pins all over the place.

I'm pleased to hear it mate, they truly are an awesome ball. Everyone who owns one reckons they are a hitting machine.

Good luck with it Richard, I'm sure there are plenty of high scores to come.

Regards....Max

Bowled a 220 with it the other night, my highest league score so far. Just need to find the line for it earlier in the night. Great ball.

Its getting better. 170 180 202 on Sunday, my highest league series, and scored me bowler of the month for the centre and some free games. Seems the wider I throw this thing the more it snaps back. I'm lovin it.

227 162 159 Highest single game score with (this is bad) a gutter ball looking at 10 for the last ball. Still lovin it.

Well, i picked up my Violet Gargoyle last night !

Thanks to Max for the ball, and Andrew T for drilling it for me !

First ball with fingertip drilling.
will post up how i go with it this thursday @ league

orginally posted by Ice_Magik
will post up how i go with it this thursday @ league

hey Ice_Magik still waiting for your review on this :D :D

thinking of buying this ball for the missus, they are everywhere in the leagues currently must be ball of the month ;) ;)

I brought the violet gargoyle for the missus and she had her first proper throw last night at league , currently she is only avg 120 with her old ball, last night she threw a 3 game series of 201, 179, 170 for a 550 series. She could not be happier with it , consistently over the second arrow nice controllable arc to the pocket, though she did leave a few 10 pins on strike throws (she could have thrown higher scores) but baring that she is now enjoying her bowling once more. Good job visionary on a excellent ball.

well

after bowling a few games with this ball, i can finally comment on it !

Uncontrolable would be the word i describe it as !
Now this is my opinion on it so far, as its my first ball that has been drilled fingertip style, i am having serious trouble with it !

This is a good thing imo though, its become a challange to myself to be able to control this beast !

when first letting go of this ball, it looks like it is going to be a well controlled throw down the lane, riding the gutter...but when this Gargoyle gets to the end of the lane, look out, it moves from the right hand gutter, hooks with all of its might and springs accross to the 2, 4, even the 7pin......its almost like the beast actually does come alive !!

Although i am new with fingertip drilling, i will keep this ball how it is.
With alot more practice, i can see this ball complementing my Blue green centaur very well.
with my violet ball missing the 1pin, leaving usually a few spares, i can pickup the b/g and loft that down the lane and pickup all the spares with ease..

I'd say this ball is well suited for heavily oiled lanes, as the claws come out of this ball like a real gargoyle and grips like Kirsty Alley on a chesecake....

When i am able to hit the head pin, or keep the ball to the right, hitting the pocket brings success, as the pins explode in every direction thanks to the hitting power of this ball !

Time to Hit the lanes with Tonx i think, i will need alot of coaching with such an aggressive ball !

I will re-post once i've had a few lessons with my Voilet and let you all know how the taming goes !

Congrats to Visionary with this ball, even though im hopeless with it, a Smile can be seen from as far as 20 lanes when i see this ball move !

I picked one of these demons up last sunday from Richlands and got it drilled by driller last monday.

Firstly i think ive erred with the drilling I wasnt sure on how hard it would turn so i went for the basic label drilling so when they layed more oil down than usually at the house i bowled at last week i struggled and had to settle for using the sanded big time.

Tonight however it was the normal ashmore conditions and boy this ball go and go and go.

I was down on confidence after a shocker at greenslopes yesterday but nothing could go wrong tonight.

Shot a 224 in the first game, followed by a 248 and a lazy 190 when i missed one of the only 2 tenpins i left all night.

Ive gotta say this ball hits like a machine, if you come up light it mixes like a demon if u hit a bit high it carrys well and if u hit the pocket flush OMG does it hit.

This is the first visonary ball ive used and i love it the only question I have is i struggle in the heavy oil and really need something for that condition for my next ball. Is the franky may the best or does any of the others go better in heavy oil?

The Frankie May will go well on all medium to heavy patterns, except extreme floods, depending what you do with coverstock adjustments.

So the Frankie would be a good choice. Another excellent choice would be the Storm X-Factor Vertigo.

Easy Tiger said:
The Frankie May will go well on all medium to heavy patterns, except extreme floods, depending what you do with coverstock adjustments.
So the Frankie would be a good choice. Another excellent choice would be the Storm X-Factor Vertigo.

Timmy, the worst thing anyone can do to a Frankie May is change the coverstock at all. These balls were voted by the US Bowlers Journal in February 2006 as the best range of patterns ball they had seen - out of the box.

Those people who have changed the coverstock in any way, have nearly all regretted it. In fact, the head people at Visionary get quite disappointed when they hear of people changing their coverstocks, particularly radical changes. Every Visionary ball is made for one specific purpose and no two cross over.

If conditions are really heavy, the ideal ball is the AMB Particle, if medium/heavy it all gets down to how much hand a person has in their shot. The Frankie May is suited to a cranker or someone playing down and in with some ball speed, the AMB Solid is more suited to a stroker/tweener.

Ninja, feel free to PM, email or call me if you would like to discuss it further. As always, we are more than willing to help in any way we can.

Regards......Max

Hey Max

can I get your opinion on which visonary ball compliments the bronze centaur if it is getting bit too agressive. Something with a nice arc to the pocket.....blue/green centaur perhaps ??

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom