The fun is on - the challenge is issued, lol

Saturday 7th April - the team challenge is on !!!!!!!!!!​

As per the attached word document, Team BBA has issued a team challenge to a group of 3 other teams, a Team Brunswick Challenge Team. a Vic OZ Tenpin Challenge & a "Rest of Australia" OZ Tenpin challenge Team.

This is a very much fun night, with a great group of people in a team format, with some very good bowling. Good prizemoney is on offer, thanks to OZ Tenpin & Mr Kerry Lovegrove for their invaluable contributions.

Players competing are as listed below............
Kate Wilton, Tracey Madden, Mel Warmington, Jen Jones, Roxanne Medel,
Emily Robertson, Jeannette Kent, Ashley Riley, Andrew Phillips, Andrew Tonkin, Dillan DeMather, Paul Trotter, Joel Lovegrove, Jason Pearson, Brian Pilkington, Mac Stewart, Andrew Thorpe, Chris Barratt, Matt Watson, Andrew Thorpe, James Bowles, Chris Castle, Lindsay Fitzpatrick & Mark Triulcio.

We would like to make this or something similar an annual event, and with the quality of people playing in this, our first year..........I can only see the event getting better each year.

If anyone would like to come and watch the event, we would welcome your attendance very much.

For those of you who don't know, Epping has a fantastic nightclub attached to the centre. We would really enjoys anyone's company to watch the event, and then for a quite (or loud) drink and dance maybe in the nightclub afterwards.

Format: teams as mentioned in the attachment, head to head scratch team contest with each teams' captain secretly nominating the playing order before each game. 1 point to the winner of each clash, and 2 points to the winning team.

In the event of a tie, pinfall will determine the match winner. As in the attachment, the leading BBA team on points will take on the points leading team of the other group in a one game final to determine the winners of $1200.00 cash.

Clause: the prizemoney is paid to the winner of the head to head team challenge final, irrespective of which group wins the majority of preliminary head to head matches. So the challenge is going to get down to the wire...............................

We look forward to seeing as many interested spectators as possible there for a 7 o'clock (or as soon as possible after that) start.

Max

I spoke to Max last night and i think it did run, so i'm sure he'll post a msg here with some results and hopefully some photos!!
R

G'day everyone

The event did go ahead and went off very well. Many thanks go to Jenny and Luke at OZ Tenpin Epping for the way we were looked after.

A HUGE thank you to Kerry Lovegrove for his support of the challenge. Kerry was very kind in donatiing $300.00 for the prizemoney in the final. For those who are unaware, Kerry is laid up in hospital for the next 2 weeks, so any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

For the record, leading BBA team was Kate Wilton, Tracey Madden, Paul Trotter and Joel Lovegrove. Leading oponent was that of Team Brunswick, Luke Green, Paul Chambers, Roxy Medel and Lindsay Kilpatrick. BBA were lucky enough to win the final.

Photos will be loaded at some stage in the next 24 hours.

I would like to think the event will go ahead in a bigger way next year, timing to avoid any clashes is the issue.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and to the several spectators who came out to watch. Overall, I think it was a really great night.

Max

For the record, leading BBA team was Kate Wilton, Tracey Madden, Paul Trotter and Joel Lovegrove

Just to point out something that a lot of bowlers have complained to me about when running events, if this was the winning team you changed the rules... The flyer said 3 men + 1 woman, is Kate or Tracey wearing the pants? :)

Honestly it really makes no never mind to me, but there *are* people out there who make a big deal out of this sort of thing - you should be more careful mate.

~Not a narky post

Jeff

Just to explain this one Jeff..........our team for the night had 8 men and 4 ladies available.

As Kate often competes in men's events, it was logical she be the 'token male' to make up the team. Hope this satisfies your query, I think it would have been more of an issue if there were 4 males in the team - and that we wouldn't have done on principle.

Regards.......Max

Problem is, I think Kate top averaged for the event ;)

What a superstar!

Good night for all, and an Awesome thanks to Oz Tenpin Epping for running it flawlessly. The corporate area was used for the event, and a really good atmosphere was generated! For those that haven't checked out the centre yet, until you do, you don't know what you are missing!

Cheers!

p.s. Em the lefty and I are THE team to beat on the pool tables ;)

Back
Top Bottom