Announcement of a New Event

Tony,
This surprises me that it doesn’t have your support…You of all people should understand that there is a huge void between people at your level and the average Joe Blow bowler…
Usually you fully support bowlers of the lower average so why this type of competition doesn’t get your support really does surprise me…Not everyone can improve to the elite level regardless of coaching…
This is great initiative for the Fringe bowlers and sorry to mention names but gives the like of Peter Martin, Cameron Smith and Co a SCRATCH head to head event to compete in… I couldn’t imagine these guys or guys like them managing their average at all to make this team…
Peter I think what you guys have introduced here is outstanding…
Well done…

But really what makes you a Fringe or Elite Bowler? What sort of guidelines do we use to grade the bowler?
Using your example and the guidelines of the new event from where i currently bowl " The Great Wall of Aspley" alot of these Fringe bowlers don't meet the guideline of the New Event of 199 avg and lower.

So where does that leave them now? In limbo again.

Don't get me wrong as i would like to see everyone get an opportunity to represent their state/terriotory at whatever level. It's just we have a few bad eggs that ruin it for the rest of them and eventually an event ( Walter De Veer).
Why did TBA change it? Not because of all the Good comments but from the constant Bad one.......average management and we've seen how TBA handle that!!!!

Like i said before, to everyone involved with this, I wish you all and all who try out the best and it all goes well. My concern is how far does it go...........Congratulations to Joe Blow for making the 166-175 avg Queensland Team.

hammo

Yes please max, i think you should have my e-mail address.

Already zone committees have received overwhelming support

This line says it all...

Yes De Veer was called STATE TEAM BOWLERS…No where in this new competition is it called STATE TEAM BOWLERS…Its Zones…People need to open there other eye and take a good look at the bigger picture and see all this is ANOTHER Tournament for People to bowl in…

If People want to bowl on the Great Wall of Aspley then that is there choice…(INFLATE THEIR AVERAGES BUY UP TO 20+ Pins a game then so be it)…If people know they are in this category then they will make the choice…No one is twisting there arms…

Already zone committees have received overwhelming support
This line says it all...
Yes De Veer was called STATE TEAM BOWLERS…No where in this new competition is it called STATE TEAM BOWLERS…Its Zones…People need to open there other eye and take a good look at the bigger picture and see all this is ANOTHER Tournament for People to bowl in…
If People want to bowl on the Great Wall of Aspley then that is there choice…(INFLATE THEIR AVERAGES BUY UP TO 20+ Pins a game then so be it)…If people know they are in this category then they will make the choice…No one is twisting there arms…
Hi Jase from Peters first post...

"The 2008 Darrell Holt Classic Challenge will fill a void for bowlers left in "no-man's land" with a maximum league average of 199 for men and 189 for women. Like the Darrell Holt Restricted Challenge, the event will pitch state versus state in two full rounds of scratch head to head bowling"

Drew

Zones in the Holt Rules is a generic term defining a collection of zones, territories and states. Technically, my initial announcement should have used the wording "zone versus zone" and this wording then covers the instance when NQ v Vic but when NSW v Vic then you could easily say that state versus state applies.

The zones competing in these events include the following:

i. North Queensland
ii. South Queensland
iii. New South Wales
iv. Victoria
v. Tasmania
vi. South Australia
vii. Western Australia
viii. Australian Capital Territory
ix. Northern Territory

For the purposes of accrediting this event TBA have insisted that we remove certain wording, such as, State, Interstate, National and Championship. Apparently these words are owned by TBA but it is interesting that numerous other accredited events are allowed to use these same words.

However, and moreso, nowhere in these rules do we refer to any of the teams as being state teams.

Back
Top Bottom