THE 2008 BOWLING BALLS AUSTRALIA SA SPORT SERIES

emmtee83

It's finally here!!

Bowling Balls Australia are proud to present the 2008 BBA SA Sport Series.

This series will consist of 4 events hosted by AMF centres, as well as the existing events Salisbury Singles Classic and Playford Open.
There will be a pointscore system this year, and the winner of that pointscore will win the major prize, consisting of 3 Visionary bowling balls, a double tote bag, a shirt and exclusive access to discounted website prices for 6 months. Points will be awarded to ALL bowlers that participate. The winner of an event will receive points equivalent to the amount of entrants (ie. 30 entrants, 30 points for the winner, 1 point to the last placegetter).

Salisbury Singles Classic and Playford Open will have DOUBLE points on offer. The more events you bowl, the better your chances of winning that great bowling package!

This series has been designed and organised to combine all fields of SA bowling, and because of this, there will be $50 incentives for the Female, Junior/Youth and Senior bowlers in the field. See the entry form for details.

A big thank you must go to Bowling Balls Australia for the donation of the end-of-year package and vouchers for each event, to AMF for their sponsorship within their centres and to TotalBowling for advertising these events.

Please post your names here if you will be bowling the first event, held at Village Bowl on 17th February. Unfortunately it does clash with City of Adelaide Masters, but judging by last year's event, it would be well worth your money to stop by Village..... :D
For details of payouts, refer to entry form attached, but when printing, select 'None' to Page Scaling.

Thanks and Good Luck.......Michael Tran

Attachments

• scratch series.PDF
    140 KB · Views: 86
First thing not sure if this will affect anyone,

17th February - clash with city of adelaide, but you already mentioned that?

6th March - thats a Thursday, not sure if I can make that and if it was meant for the long weekend 8,9,10 that a no no with state titles and seniors roll offs
although I don't think there is anything on the 2nd of march.

the rest looks good

Cheers

Tony]

GREAT NEWs mr Tran.

Quick Note, will u let us know what pattern will be laid before the tournament?

cant wait!!

Ash

GREAT NEWs mr Tran.
Quick Note, will u let us know what pattern will be laid before the tournament?
cant wait!!
Ash
Yes, I'm trying to organise something special/different but will either post the pattern or bring it on paper with me.

Cheers

Also whilst I remember, due to communication breakdown, there is a chance that TBA will not be able to get accreditation through for this first event only.....all the others will be.

Hope this doesn't affect anyone's decision to bowl. Please accept my apologies.

Mike,

Well done to you and BBA for getting this off the ground. I only hope that it is a success. I will be attending where filming commitments allow. Thanks too to AMF for their support.

Well done for all your hard work, pity it does clash with the city of Adelaide Masters. Cant please everyone.

bmann

Sorry guys....this will be the LAST updated entry form.....with up-to-date prize fund.

Don't forget to select 'None' to page scaling when it comes to printing.

Cheers

Attachments

• scratch series.PDF
    185.7 KB · Views: 41
Hey Mike,
Will you be taking entries for the first event on this forum?? If so, put me down.

Cheers mate,
Bobba

Yes, entries for this event will be taken here.

Name noted mate. Thanks for your support.

SA, you have been asking for something like this series to be constructed, it's now your chance to support it. This year will determine whether or not it will continue in future years to come.

Hey there Michael

Looking at the entry form this sports series sounds great. I will try and support it where I can but unfortunately I can't for the first tournament due to other committments and short notice.

Just a query though. What is with the wierd prize funds you are offering??? Would it not be easier to round the prize fund to a more even number?? Just wondering as that is the first time I have seen that sort of prize fund offered.

THANKS

SNEEZY

Hi David,

Yeah, sorry about the late notice. Sponsorships, etc. came together fairly late.

I had that question asked by someone else, and I suppose the best way I can explain it is that it is a percentage of the total prize fund (ie. 1st gets 30% of prize fund, that explains the 'odd cents'). I will be writing cheques for the winners....it's not like I will have to pull out the bronze coins!

Payout is still 3:1 though, makes the trip worth making. It's more the case of trying to please everyone, they're have been concerns of paying too much with little hope of getting coin back....

As for the incentives, I'm trying to encourage bowlers of all fields to compete in this series. A junior/youth bowler that doesn't cash may still be eligible for reward for turning up. Same with the female/senior award. $50 incentive is still pretty good and worth your $85 investment....you've bowled the day for $35 with a chance of winning a lot more.

The pattern that will be laid for this tournament is called 'Route 66', direct from the Kegel website.

Copy of the pattern is attached.

See you all on the 17th at Village.

Attachments

• Route 66 - 45 foot.pdf
    363.3 KB · Views: 33
Interesting first choice Mike. Just a couple of questions, given the trouble Tonx had in Melbourne with his series.

1. Whose responsibility is the choice of pattern?

2. What criteria are used to choose each events pattern?

I'm not trying to stir anything up, just trying to head off any possible issues. Might be a good idea to clear these up before you get hammered with questions at the first event.:D

Good question Brenton....

As I'm the only person on the tournament committee and the whole thing has been primarily setup by myself, I made the pattern selections. There was no criteria used, but there were a few goals I had hoped to meet:

1. I wanted a variety of patterns, both short and long,
2. I endeavored to test a bowler's skills and to take them out of their comfort zone,
3. Bring out the versatility all bowlers should endeavor to have.

Generally speaking, the bowler who is the most versatile and who can play different areas to conquer the lane is going to win this series. This will not be a series where scores are going to be handed to a bowler on a silver platter (or ditch, whichever one prefers to call it).

Patterns have not been chosen to specifically suit a particular style. There will be a 35, 40 and a 45 foot (Village) pattern. Norwood's will be selected closer to the date, and the other 2 events will have their own patterns laid.

Hope this clears things up for everybody.

Hey Tony....

Not necessarily about having too much oil, there will be one event where there will be next to none. Just don't expect to come to the tournament and throw your house shot to win. You will need to be versatile.

Back
Top Bottom