Tenpin Tails Syndicate

Well I guess the answer to that comment would be "NO" and in more ways than one. ;)

Gee I wonder if Rhonda is enjoying "Dolly Heaven"?

Look's like i'm donating again tonight [-o<

Gary....................................:cool:

strike alot not bad you got 2nd good to see you did keep running if only it was another 10 meters you would have got up your mum will be sooo happy now hehe hi liz ...........

Donated again but was a good run good box next time should win, ran on well.
May be more distance needed?

Gary............................:cool:

Ps. Ran second:mad:

Well this mother is over the moon :eek:nfire:

It was a great run. Maybe the fact that Grumpy got her ready for the race this time could have been the difference :confused: :confused:

Boy did we teach her well. She hip and shouldered the 8 dog out of 3rd to let the 6 dog thru and it gave us the trifecta !! That's me girl......

Although a win would not have been disappointing either.

Gary - I guess by your post that you did not put $ on her for a place also. Could be a suggestion next time. ;)

As for extra distance for her, it is something that she is working up to. The 440 at Sale is a very hard run for the dogs because of the design. I think this has given her a good foundation. The trainer will be looking to give her a go over the 513 but you have to time it right due to the fact that a lot of dogs nominate for a race and they will pick the ones who perform well at that track or have done well in their previous race. It's all very complicated and contraversial - just like another sport we know !!!

Dwaine - hope your dad's wedding went well. DJ hasn't surfaced for a few weeks so haven't had a chance to catch up with him to hear how it went.

Next Tuesday, Grumpy and I will be taking Whatta Strike and Kilmany Dancer (the trainer's dog) to Cranbourne for a qualifying run. This is not a TAB meeting but it may be the race to decide the fate of Whatta Strike.

At the same time, (with any luck) the trainer will be taking Strike Alot and Kilmany Ghost (his dog) to race at WarragulHere's hoping for another good result.
Liz

Well as liz said Strike Alot will be running at Warragul on Tuesday night race 4 No 2, after having a look at the starters for that race my sugestion is that you would have rocks in your head to back her (we will because we have too). I sugest her starting price will be between $20-$40 for the win and about $7-$12 place. Remember I'm a mug punter;) . She wouldn't be running if we didn't have some faith in her but having faith in a dog we own is a must otherwise why have her.:)

As for Whatta Strike our faith has got him a start at a Cranbourne Qually and we will see how he goes. Believe me if he was being trained by one of the large kennels he would be a little star in the sky, we believe he can run and run well it is just unfortunite that he got a couple of very heavy knocks in his first couple of races and needs to get over this and the trainer is being very patiant with him, he is faster than his sister and only time will tell if he continues to race or i spend a lot of money at home for him to become our pet. He has a great nature :D

Grumpy

Lets hope for some scratchings at Warragul.:rolleyes:

We ask for a scratching and we got one, the wrong one. Whatta Strike will be scratched from Cranbourne, he is being a bit of a girl:rolleyes: he broke a nail and had to have it removed:shock: , hopefully he will run in a week or two depending on how fast the sorness comes out of his paw8-[
Grumpy

We knocked the girl out of Whatta Strike and his paw seems to be alright to run so it's off to cranbourne for him, we will let you know how he goes :-({|= ;)

Sad to hear that "Whatta Strike" had to be put down after breaking a leg at Cranbourne last night. I am sure that both Lizzie and Grumpy are feeling a bit down today as they took the dog to Cranbourne last night while the trainer took the other dogs to Warragul for 7th and 3rd placing. One of the pitfalls of doggy racing is the injuries they sustain sometimes. I am sure that Strike A Lot will do the right thing in future races. Will have to look for another doggy to replace the one just lost.:( :( :(

Oh thats sad. Been following the syndicate, and keep an eye the dogs, and the results through the posts.

I was really hoping that "Whatta Strike" would get over the couple of knocks and turn out to be a great star for Liz & Gunther.

Sorry to hear about "Whatta Strike" guys.

Lance

Hi Liz/Gunther

I have just read the previous postings and I am so sorry you had to put Whatta Strike down last night. Don't know what to say but I am sad to know that she's gone.

Can I ask a silly question - how did she break a leg? I thought Greyhounds were strong dogs. :confused:
Keep smiling.

Chantal :D

Thank you all for your kind words, it really means a lot and does help to cope with the tragic loss of an absolutely beautiful dog. We feel there will never be another one with the same temprament and who would bond with us like Tommy did. Tommy was his real name as we were originally going to call him "Ten Pin".

Lance, he is a star. We had to go to a function at the Sale Greyhounds last night and when we walked out there was only one star in the whole sky. It was really bright and just looking down over the track. :D

Chantalle, without going into what was a very very long story, Tommy caught the lure and then got his front leg caught up in it and dragged along the track. It was not a very pretty thing to watch and just a really freaky accident. The bone was shattered and there was no way the leg was going to heel properly. He would never be able to bend his leg again. The vet was really really great and tried to do all he could.

Sadly another dog was injured very badly in the same race and had to be put down also. :(

I can safely say that this was our worst day in greyhound racing. To top it all off, when we woke up yesterday, one of our steer developed a really really bad limp. I thought he may have gone out in sympathy but then noticed he had a problem. So we managed to accumulate another vet bill. However, I can say that "Big Mac" is doing much better today.

Strike Alot seemed a bit disturbed yesterday and we can only guess that she misses her brother. She will be having a rest next week but hopefully will get a start at Warragul the week after. Here's hoping that her brother will look after her and just be able to give a little extra push every now and then !!

Liz

Strike Alot is a reserve in race 12 at Warragul on Tuesday and if she doesn't get a start she will go to Traralgon on Wednesday or Thursday for a trial over the 513 metre distance to see how she copes. If she manages to run well over this distance we will look at racing her at Traralgon, this will be a big step forward for her, but the way she has been charging home even after getting knocked around over the 440 & 424 distance we feel that the longer distance may help her get a better run as the dogs seem to settle better with the longer run.

Grumpy

Well life goes on here and we are now trying to adjust to focusing on just one dog. Strike Alot did not get a start last night at Warragul, which was actually a good thing. The rain bucketed down at the track early and if it was a Formula 1 race, well I doubt if the drivers would have hit the track. But the dogs did and for the ones who didn't get out front first, unless they could run a bit wide, they didn't stand a chance. With the dogs in from throwing up so much wet sand, it would have been hard for them to see.

On a good note though, Kilmany Ghost (the trainers dog) ran in Race 9 and won very comfortably. Unfortunately nobody, including the trainer's wife, backed her!!

Anyway, Strike Alot went to Traralgon this morning to trial over the 513. Her time was very slow. She will have to be built up to the distance but we know that she has it in her. So hopefully she will get a start at Sale on Sunday over the 440.

Liz

PS For those of you that were wondering, Big Mac is still limping around the paddock but seems to be improving. Although I think he is playing on my nurturing nature !!

I think you should Know that I backed the Ghost and the runner up as well in a quinella.Was a bit surprised that he started fav must have been my $5.00 that did that.

For those of you that are wondering why we mention Kilmany Ghost it's because she is firstly the trainers dog, but most of all the main reason is that from the litter she came from she was the only pup to survive beyond two weeks after birth. It was a litter of 7 pups. Her kennel name is angel and we have a bit of a soft spot for her.

Strike Alot is a reserve in race 4 on Sunday, its been unfortinate that she has had a few knocks in her racing because it goes on form if they get a start, when dogs are selected for a start they dont take what happens during the race but on what the placings are.Having been a reserve this means that she is going to get a start next race at either Warragul or Sale next week, so lets hope she finishes in the top 4 next start as this will help to get more starts.

Well we have been having withdrawal symptons from racing but we are about to get a fix. Strike Alot finally got a start this Sunday at Sale - Race 1 Box 4. Not too sure how she will go as we are not too familiar with a couple of the dogs in her race. I guess time will tell.

As for Kilmany Ghost, she is running in Race 10 Box 7 and she should go well.

With no bowling and greyhound racing, I resorted to trying my hand at lawn bowls last night at a "Cracker Jack" competition going on here in Sale. It's basically like a Corporate League with 60 teams in the comp and 4 players per team.

What a game (you can actually eat and drink, alcohol that is, on the green) but it's a bit too sedate for my liking. I got strange looks when I started riding some good shots !! But my skills must have been useful as we recorded our first convincing win.........

Let's hope this performance can rub off onto our little girl.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom