Tenpin Tails Syndicate

grumpie

After listening to quite a few people make the same comment, I have decided to take their suggestion and put up a post about our syndicate.

This syndicate is made up of a few bowlers, who got together and bought 2 greyhounds. A brother and sister.

After what seems a very very long time, the 2 dogs have finally hit the track. The girl "Strike Alot" has been doing very well and has finally broken through for her first win yesterday at Sale.

Her brother "Whatta Strike" has not had as many runs as her sister yet but is showing improvement. Here's hoping he can place for us tonight at Cranbourne.

This post is in no way to be taken as a hot tip or thinking that we have some inside knowledge for the punters. It is a group of people who decided to get together to have some fun. A few people I have spoken to suggested I put up a post so maybe people can keep a bit of an eye on the dogs' careers.

Will keep you updated on any further developments.

Liz Fabian-Czmok

Thats fantastic news. Im defentely interested in hearing how the 2 dogs progress. Good luck and all the best
I might even be able to get down to the local TAB and put a bet on for a place.

i WOULD ALSO KEEP AN EYE OUT IF I HEAR ANYTHING.
CONGRATS AT STARTING TO RACE THE DOGS.

GOOD LUCK

CHANTAL GRIGSBY

For those of you who would like to keep tabs on these dogs,the Greyhound Racing Control Board offers a free service that will email you with details of every time these greyhounds are racing.
There is no cost involved,however you are required to register to obtain the service.
http://www.grv.org.au
Click on the "Greyhound Central" icon,then click on "Watchdog E-mail Tracker " icon.
Good Punting.....
Charlie

Thanks cruizin for the link. I actually forgot about that.

Well our little boy "Whatta Strike" did us proud last night at Cranbourne and ran a very courageous 3rd place.

His sister "Strike Alot" will be running at Sale this Sunday afternoon. Not sure which race no as yet until the draw is done tomorrow afternoon.

But as cruizin gave you the link, the GRV have this site and you can get all sorts of information from it. It will also take you to the TAB site to see how the odds are going and you can also listen to the races on it.

Thanks for your support and interest and happy punting.....

Liz Fabian-Czmok

Here is just another update on when the dogs are running.

Whatta Strike is at Sale on Sunday Race 1 No 2

Strike Alot is at Sale on Sunday Race 4 No 1

Again we say they maybe fun to watch and see how they go, they are not hot tips or anything but if you have a punt good luck.

Gunther.

Dear Grumpie

Well good luck for you and the dogs hope it all goes well and I might have a little bet for ya.
Once again Good Luck.

Chantal:D

Yes well Gary - I guess Whatta Strike had a really bad day at the office !!

Strike Alot got checked quite a few times but still ran a great race. Unfortunately not finishing in the money though.

It's a bit like hitting the pocket in bowling and leaving corners pins !!!

Hope for a better result this week.

Liz ;) ;)

Whatta Strike should be renamed Whats a hare;) or Whatta we doing....

Didn't see other race must be so much fun owning Greyhound's good luck...........

Gary......................:cool:

Fun owning greyhounds???
I'd call it frustrating,anxious.exciting and yes lots of fun. Even better getting a cuddle and lick from the dog every time we see them. On that anyone that thinks greyhounds are savage or agressive go see one they would make one of the best pets around.
Without making excuses for Whatta Strike,we're not sure what happened with him , he did get checked a couple of times at the start of the race and we're only guessing but we think he lost sight of the bunny(yum yum) he also got vetted after the race by the stewards and was found to be OK (few).
Just one of those racing things i guess.
Strike Alot ran 5th not to far away from a placing with a good run overall.
Hope for a placing next week.

OK this week we only have Strike Alot running on Sunday at Sale and after winning two weeks ago shes out of maiden races and takes the step up to grade 5 and in Race 9 Box 3 with a couple of dogs in the race that have raced in the city i would say that at best she my run a place but funny things happen in dog races so were hoping for a fast start and hope for the best.
As for Whatta Strike well lets just say he is having a week or so off after last weeks performance:( but that gives the trainer some time to get him back to how he was running prior to last week,he is actually faster than his sister but just cant seem to get a clear run in a race so heres hoping when he gets his next start.(should be at good odds):)
There could be a dog to watch on Sunday Race 10 no3 wont be worth betting on because it will be a short price but if you want to see a fast dog this is the one.Remember anything can happen in a dog race but this one is going to be a big name in the future.;)

im not going to put another $25each way the strike rate of this dog winning is like trying to bowl a 200 game at sale you should have called this dog miss alot or 5pin cos it likes 5th spot .........and this dog should be put into the book of shame cos he is just like collingwood lol

"This post is in no way to be taken as a hot tip or thinking that we have some inside knowledge for the punters. It is a group of people who decided to get together to have some fun. A few people I have spoken to suggested I put up a post so maybe people can keep a bit of an eye on the dogs' careers."

Dwaine,

As per my first post, we never had any grand illusions. ;)

If you read the form guide she actually finished better than she was supposed to. Most of the field was a lot quicker than her so for her to finish 4th yesterday was a great effort. Especially as the 2 dog (wearing the Collingwood colours !!) jumped on her back at the start. :mad: :mad:

I'm just greatful she didn't end up like one of the dogs early in the race. Broke a hock !!!

We still believe she has better things in store as she is still very young.

Maybe next time

Liz

liz liz liz its all good relax i dont mind in dog racing as long as your dog dont fall by the 1st bend you still have a good chance of winning but i can not wait till your dog wins cos it should be paying about $8-12 and lets hope it will be soon ok its ok im looking at getting a dog or 2 i have spoken to some ppl about some dogs already

Hey Dwaine,
Originally I was very hesitant about putting a post up here about our syndicate. With some of the people who seem to get a bit carried away on this site, I was concerned that somebody would take this to be a hot tip or think that they have to place a bet on one of our dogs. I finally boughed to pressure :D
I love both our dogs and they mean the world to me. I know that Strike Alot will never be a Brett Lee or an Awesome Assassin but any success she has will be due to her guts and determination. She is my inspiration in life at the moment. I haven't been well for quite some time and I know that some days the only reason I have gotten out of bed is because of her.\\:D/ \\:D/
I am thinking of teaching her to bowl though. I think after a couple of lessons, she will be able to teach us how to bowl a 200 at Sale. You are not the only one who can't bowl one there. I haven't even had a sniff of one since Sale Cup !!
Anyway, to those who do decide to put some money on one of the dogs, as Dwaine said, they will pay well when they win. To those who do put money on her, I sincerely hope in the long run you come out ahead.
Liz

Hi all
Well Strike Alot may have a rest this week, she drew race 1 no 10 on Sunday and unless there is a scratching she wont get a start but this means she will be assured of a start next week.;)
As for Whatta Strike there is a special RCH (Royal Childrens Hospital Appeal )meeting on Saturday where he has drawn Race 10 No 2 (dam Collywobble colours) so heres hoping he will get his first win. Look out if he does, with all the screaming and yelling Liz does all Australia will hear her.Peter Eustuse couldn't finish calling the race Strike Alot won because she was that loud:D :D .
Better post this before she walks in the room.;)

For those that have been following our dogs,we have a bit of bad news on Whatta Strike. He ran on Saturday or should i say he didnt,he jumped out of the box in 2nd place,went about 30mtre and pulled up.There seems to be nothing wrong with him after being vetted so he has a 28 day stand down.We think he just got spooked which is not a good thing,we may try to race him again but if the same thing happens he will never race again.:(

Strike Alot should be racing next Tuesday at Sale (no racing this weekend due to Sale show)and if she runs anywhere as good as she did last start where she finished 4th she should run a place for us heres hoping.In her last start she got a couple of small checks on the last bend which may have been enough to keep her out of the placings.She is only a young dog with 3-4 years racing ahead of her, lets hope for a first place soon.;) ;)

Hey Grumpie

a bit unfortunate with Whatta Strike, hope he pulls up good and lets pray to see if he does get another run. Good luck also for Strike alot, sounds good about her runs of late - keep us updated on the progress.

Thanks Chantal (Slatergirl):D

Back
Top Bottom