Melbourne Tenpin Cup - Win a Spot - Why the same dates

xpense

retired
I would just like to ask all the centres out there a very simple question :?:

Why are you all running the WIN A MTC SPOT ON 22ND MAY :shock:

With the number of bowlers around that will have a go, you will be spreading the numbers thin for each event. Especially when you look at Mooroolbark was only able to get about 25 entries for there spot, on the actual condition for the event.

With over 2 weeks to go till this date and 5 weekends till the MTC, can some off the centres please look at date changes, to possibly the 2 following weekends, and run them on Saturday & Sunday, to ensure you are not clashing with other.

I know that as a person who missed out in Mooroolbark, l would love to have a go at another WIN A SPOT, but for me the date of the 22nd is impossible. This is not sour grapes, that l can not have a go, but if centres want bowlers to have a go, they need to ensure they are not doubling up on events, as majority of the bowlers that have a go are the same people, you will find at most of the roll offs.

How about it centres, get together, and work out date changes for the good of bowling. :D

I have to agree with Lance on this one. Seems a pity that 3 centres have all chosen the same day to hold rolloffs for the Melbourne Cup spot. Although not available to participate on this particular weekend myself (as I will be interstate) I would like to think that at least one or two of the centres could move there rolloff to an alternate date to ensure they will get enough numbers to make a rolloff viable. It may also mean that they may be able to make some money on the deal rather than just break even.

I was involved in the planning of the Northcote event and I know that the clashing of events was one of the reasons we changed the date.
With the Melbourne cup being so near i suspect that some centres simply ran out of time in planning their events and were left with limited weekends to run them on. Plus with Mothers day in may there is a sunday gone already.
The Northcote event was organised at the end of March and entry forms went out a few weeks ago now but with so many centres holding the same event on the same day a change of weekend seemed like the natural thing to try and guarentee more entries.
Hope to see you guys over at Northcote on the 29th since you can't make the 22nd, along with anyone else who wants one of the final chances at winning their way into the Melbourne Cup.

Expense and Jockey,

Unfortunately tournaments always clash, and are not the only thing bowling centres plan. They have to work around other commitments, also you suggested maybe the weekend after, well i'm not sure if that would be any better, because that would be the weekend of qualifying for a state representative team, so I don't think your as good as picking dates as you might like to think. To hold a "house" tournament and not clash with other "house" tournaments is practically impossible. So that is why these unfortunate things happen.

More than happy to accept that yes a State Roll off is happening on that date, but l was not actually saying to use the date, it was an option, and you could hold it later in the day, and those people would still be able to bowl.

This is really more than just a house tournament, as you are offering spots to a Major Australian Tournament. It would be good to see bowling centres working together rather than against each other to improve the sport. This is just anotehr example of why our sport is not considered a sport by most, as we cant even work together to improve, and ensure numbers to amke events viable.

Lance and Terry,

Fair enough the win a spot tourniments are for one of Australia's most popular and major tourniments however, dates for house tourniments are always going to clash no matter what... Unfortunatly dates for in house tourniments such as the Win a spot tourniments are not going to always suit everyone and if bowling centres had to ensure dates suited absolutely every bowler then there wouldnt be any of these sort of tourniments... Yes, it is unfortunate that 3 centres are holding their tourniments on the one day but I am sure alot of factors influenced there decision on what date to hold them, but at the end of the day if you cant make it on the date then so be it, there are other Centres that are holding there tourniments on different days and i am sure if you where able to make it on the 22nd of May to one of the 3 centres that are holding these tourniments then we wouldnt be having this conversation... Concentrate on the tourniments that you can make it too rather than the ones you cant... Its not easy to organise tourniments such as these so how about giving our friendly AMF Staff a break and quit the whinging... :rolleyes:

Tam

Back
Top Bottom