Sunday 12th of November. NSW Sport Series to Begin!

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
Hey Everyone!

NSW Sport Series is gonna take off on Sunday, 12th of November at 9am!

It will be the 10 games straight. Winner to be decided after the 10 games.
Here is the Pay out. Based off 36 entries.

1st- $450
2nd- $350
3rd- $225
4th- $150
5th- $130
6th- $120
7th- $110
8th- $100
9th- $95
10th- $90
11th- $80
12th- $80

Paying 1 in 3, with top 10 all making money back.

This may go up, depending on sponsorship.

There will be a BBQ after this first event. Hopefully with a discount at Sliders Bar and Grill for all competing bowlers.

The other idea we will be implementing is a Registration. For $15 dollars you will earn ranking points from each event and the person on top of the rankngs at the end of the series will get a free entry in the South Pacfic Classic. With enough entries we will expand it to one male and one female as opposed to just one male/female. This is totally optional. However, to be eligible you will have to complete 4-5 events, depending on how many we end up having. Hoping to have it conlude a month or so before SPC. With a full calendar of events within the next week. More on that next week.

I will be taking entries over Totalbowling.

Support this guys and girls and it will get bigger and better. These Sport series can only benefit everyone that bowls in them! It's a greta practice opportunity for everyone who wants to improve their game.

Thanks, Da Cowman!

I'd certainly be up for that Cowman. I take it, this will be happenning at Strikezone? Will there be sports series events at other centers as well?

I bowled in the Pearson Automotive Sport Series a few months back at Caboolture & really enjoyed it (though I didn't bowl any good LOL)...

Hopefully this sport series will have similar amounts of interest here in NSW....

I look forward to it!!

Amagill,

Yes it will be at Illawarra StrikeZone. I can't believe I left that out.

Can I add you to the squad listing?

Later Da Cowman!

Sure can - Andrew Magill.

Hopefully this event will not clash with STBL events that I bowl in.

Any Ideas on dates yet Stephen?

Amagill,

Got you down.

Will be talking to the boss further today and we will try to have dates for all the comps by early next week at the latest.

Hopefully this doesn't clash with the STBL events.

Later Da Cowman!

Hey Cow
I know tonight I told you to put me down...but I just saw the date and its the same w/e that I am going to be in Orange for the Junior Cup!!
Goin to have to give the first one a miss mate, sorry.

Jen

Can you give us an idea of the oil pattern?

To put out a proper "sport condition" you'll need to lay the new condition down every day, starting a few days prior to the actual event. theThis will enable you to effectively "erase" the existing condition memory that your lanes retain.

Good luck with the series and thanks for doing this for the sport of bowling!

Squad List as of tonight.

Stephen Cowland
Sue Cassell
Andrew Magill
Matt Reily
Chris Baker
Peter Miller
Shaun Carriage
Adam Goldberg

Leggi, there is only one squad and that starts at 9am. If the series grows then we may be able to do squads later down the track, but for now, it's just the one early one.

Later Da Cowman!

Hey Steve,
You can add Andrew Lloyd, Sam Romeo and Glen Andreson to your list.
Hopefully a few more from our Blacktown Doubles league will contact you soon.
Everyone should REALLY get behind what Steve is doing and lets try and grow
this concept into something special.
Well done Steve (and Strikezone). Looks like the future is in good hands.

Andrew.

Hey Steve,
Everyone should REALLY get behind what Steve is doing and lets try and grow
this concept into something special.
Well done Steve (and Strikezone). Looks like the future is in good hands.
Andrew.

couldnt agree with you more

Now people cant complain that there is nothing on in NSW, get behind it and support it

Well done

Great to see NSW start off a sport series.

I was pretty excited to move to QLD and join in some of the events up here.... shame just about every weekend they have been on ive been in Sydney.... hahaha

Im even in town for your one down there Stevo and i cant even make it to it either.... just my luck :(

There no reason why u should get a fantastic roll up for this event.... its been a long time between drinks in NSW.

Well done for making this happen Cow....

If you build it they will come!

Chowny

P.S. i reckon most of the people from Blacktown Doubles would & should bowl..... but some blokes who bowls in it is gettin married the day b4...... hahahah

Can you give us an idea of the oil pattern?
To put out a proper "sport condition" you'll need to lay the new condition down every day, starting a few days prior to the actual event. theThis will enable you to effectively "erase" the existing condition memory that your lanes retain.
Good luck with the series and thanks for doing this for the sport of bowling!

Wayne,

Up here in QLD Jeff Brigg has done his home work for our sport series, we also had issues early on in the series having the house shot come through the pattern…he has found that you only have to wash the lanes off the night before and don’t lay any oil on them at all till your ready to put the pattern on it the next day just before the first squad starts.

This removes the chance of the house shot playing through the condition as that’s what was happening when the event first started. All patterns now seem to play true to form since doing this…

This was for timber lanes so I am not sure about synthetics… But I am sure if you send an email off to Kegel as Jeff did they would more than willing to give some advice to you.

Hope that helps and best of luck Cow getting the circuit running

Back
Top Bottom