2012 EBONITE NSW SPORT SERIES

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the dates and locations of the 6 events for this years Ebonite Sport Series.

As you can see EBONITE has once again joined us as a name sponsor, much thanks to Glenn Rowland and his team for their support once again. AMF will also be Sponsoring the first place prize for each event. This will work by guaranteeing a first place payout of $15 for every bowler that bowls. For example, for a field of 40 bowlers the first place prize will be $600 (40x$15). We will also continue to pay the top 1/3 of field, with at least money back for the lowest cash. I'd like to thank Matt Whitten of AMF for his continued support of the Sport Series. I think its fair to say that without it we wouldn't be able to offer this kind of prize fund guarantee.

The dates and locations for the the events are as follows and I'll start another thread for the squad lists.

18th March at AMF Castle Hill
13th May at AMF Rooty Hill
1st July at AMF Blacktown
12th August at AMF North Strathfield
30th September at AMF Rooty Hill (Special Nationals event)
18th November at AMF Villawood

The events will be a 8:30am start and the cost of each event this year will be $100.

I'm thinking that I may add a poll to this thread with some patterns, and the top five patterns will be the five we use during the year. The sixth pattern will be the Nationals Pattern at the second Rooty Hill event. If you would like to see this, then let me know and I can get it running. If not, I'll continue with my better judgement as has been the norm for last few years.

Hope everyone is looking forward to this years series, as we are, and that we can turn it into our biggest series so far.

Thanks, John and Stephen

These are the suggested dates so far for SBT 2012 and Geoff will have to confirm them.

1. 17th & 18th March 2012

2. 12th & 13th May 2012

3. 11th & 12th August 2012

4. 22nd & 23rd September 2012

How many people would that impact ?

Its been said before that clashes are awlays going to occur, bowlers will just have to make a decision on what they want to bowl in, its unavoidable.

Cant wait for the new series Cowlands, looking forward to it!!

just got this:

Final doc out this weekend but dates are

17 & 18 March (adults on sundays, junior youth on Saturdays)
12 & 13 May
30 June & 1 July
24 & 25 November

All compulsory

Leanne

so there goes 2 rounds for me, as the 17/18 march is my wedding and bubs christening

so steve and john, will the dates that clash be changed

IM sure if they move them they will clash with something else.

No offence but clashing with SBT would impact less people than another tournament or travelling league I would imagine, am i wrong?

It dosnt seem to matter how hard the Cows plan something always clashes.
Me I just want to bowl so I am hoping my work commitments allow me to bowl the sports series.

I understand that things will always clash, but the SBT weekends actually help you learn how to play the Sports Patterns properly when you bowl in the Sports Series tournaments. Mabey some people don't realise how lucky we are to have 4 weekends a year where some of the best coaches in the country are together and on hand in the one place to impart their knowledge to any one who turns up willing to listen and learn.
I think you will lose a lot more bowlers if these dates clash than any travel leagues, State League or other tournaments.

Web.

Fair call Andrew, i just dont see how conflicts can be avoided, i suppose Stephen and John have to take the path of least resistance.

I understand that things will always clash, but the SBT weekends actually help you learn how to play the Sports Patterns properly when you bowl in the Sports Series tournaments. Mabey some people don't realise how lucky we are to have 4 weekends a year where some of the best coaches in the country are together and on hand in the one place to impart their knowledge to any one who turns up willing to listen and learn.
I think you will lose a lot more bowlers if these dates clash than any travel leagues, State League or other tournaments.

Web.

Webber, these days are out of reach of most bowlers now with the restrictions that have been put on it.

I know first hand how hard it is to plan an event like this and not to clash with anything at all.
Stephen, I hope you get the entries you are after for all these planned events this year.
Alan and I will try and make as may of these as we can, but we are also out for the first event at Castle Hill.

I thought there were restrictions too but couldnt remember what they were. Thats kind of why i asked how many people would be impacted?

Anyway I like many just want to bowl and enjoy the challenge. Put me down for CH.

Hey everyone,

We are looking into changes for the first three events. There will be some other clashes but this is simply unavoidable.

Did anyone want me to put up some oil pattern options or is everyone ok with my selections?

Cheers, Cow

I think your selections have been pretty good so far Cow... I think anything from the Kegel Challenge series is good for these events...

Cow,

I'm happy for you to pick the patterns, it has worked well in the past so i can't see the need to change that. Some centres will suit a shorter pattern while others will suit a longer pattern so as long as the pattern works well in that particular house then i have no problems. I would imagine that knowing a pattern one to two weeks in advance would also give everyone enough time to work out what equipment they might want to bring and alter the surface as they see fit.

Looking forward to this series, thanks to Ebonite for coming on board again too!

I will pick the patterns then. I will definitely get some Long and Short in there for you guys. And they'll be tough as always!!

We have changed the dates for the first two events.
We are now bowling at Castle Hill on the 25th of March and the 20th of May at Rooty Hill.
I will start a new thread for the Castle Hill Event.
The third event we are still working out and it seems hard to avoid a clash of some sort. We'll try and work something out.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

Cheers, Cow

Back
Top Bottom