NSW Sport Series Number 2!

Squad listing as of today.
We have almost hit the magic number! Get your entry in quick to avoid missing out!

Stephen Cowland
Jono Hurley
Alan Shephard
Michael McLaren
Tamika Spooner
Jen Jones
Peter Miller
Greg Bochenek
Andrew Cherrett
Andrew Magill
Dale Fitzgerald
Marc Triulcio
Mark Ward
Rodger Hangan
Mitchell Cook
Brad Cook
JP Li
Jess Seddon
Rob Alston
David Wright
Chris Thomas
Bejamin Adams
Jason Doust
Richard Palma
Tony Murray
Sam Romeo
Glen Anderson
Andrew Lloyd
Kara Triulcio
Ken McLachlan
Mark Lane
Jeff Sinclair
Paul Sutton
Dean Brierley
Don McRae
Kevin McRae
Matt McRae
Shaun Cummings
Scott Robertson
Eric Boykett
Shaun O’Hara
Michael Craig
Peter White
Brady Pirie
Brett Larman

Later Da Cowman!

Hey guys,

I'm currently at uni, working hard obviously. Without being definate without the squad list in front me, I'm pretty sure that the squad is now full and sorry to Steve and Deanne, but I will have to put you on the reserve list until somebody pulls out. We can not open it up any further due to time contraints at MacArthur bowl, and plus. I'm pretty sure that everyone doesn't want to spend the whole day in a bowling alley bowling on the fun sport patterns!
However, if you are going to pull out for whatever reason can you please let everyone know ASAP. Because there is only one squad it could be quite hard to let the reserves know in time to bowl if you pull out on the Saturday night.
On a serperate note. When we first said we'd open this up to 48 bowlers I don't think anyone truly expected us to get that many! Bowling is still running in NSW! I'll be getting info up for the next Sport Series as soon as I can so we can start the squad listing for that as well.

Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Later Da Cowman!

I wanna post a quick thanks to Stephen for taking the initiative to get this going, and it's a credit to him that the squad has filled up almost a month ahead of the start date.

It's greatly appreacited by the bowlers in NSW and I for one (and I'm sure I'm not alone here), salute you for giving your time to help us out, especially being in Uni and all.

I echo the comments made by Ash as i feel with the hard work that the cowman is putting into running these sorts of tournaments it may get other centres thinking there is merit in having more tournaments of this nature run around the NSW and for that matter Australia wide.

To the cowman or should i say da_cowman and also macarthur bowl well done for arranging a tournament that we can all compete in and enjoy.

And on a side note i would just like to add on behalf of macarthur bowl they are running a scratch singles tournament on Monday nights at 8.00pm that starts on next Monday the 12th of March.

The idea here is to teach those bowlers about different oil patterns on lanes and the best way to bowl on them, the league organisers change the patterns every 2 weeks and they will tell you what pattern is being used so you get an idea of the best way to bowl with these conditions. So this league is great for those who wish to learn in this fashion, they also have trainers to teach you if your interested and if you are then please contact macarthur bowl for more information.

In relation to this league it is $35.00 for 4 games and there is a guarenteed $1000.00 first place with a maximum of 24 bowlers for more info please contact mcarthur bowl.

Away from that once again thanks to the cowman for getting the NSW Sports series up and running and here's hoping there are many more and good luck to all those involved.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Well done Cow. You've followed Ken Sheehan's tried and true formula. A reasonable entry fee, a decent number of games and money back for 1 in 3.

I firmly believe that this type of event is the key to resurrecting bowling in Australia. Affordable competition on fair patterns. Unlike a ditch, nobody wins by 200 over 10 games on a sport shot! This allows players to improve on a budget and be in with a chance without having to average 210, or even 200!

When do we get to see the pattern? Or maybe just length and volume like last time is info enough, come to think of it. Gives the players something to think about and do their homework with.

Do we get a sausage sizzle again? That was a winner at Strikezone! ;-)

Jason,

I'll be bowling the new league at MacArthur as of Monday, (The bowl is a 5 minute walk from my campus, talk about convienient!!) So I imagine Audrey and myself will be able to get a pattern lined up and I'll post the pattern or just length and volume soon after that.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. As long as the people keep bowling, I've got no problem helping in the organisation of the tournaments. We should thank the centres for putting us up with the lanes and the Managers for helping more then you should be thanking me!

I'll post a conplete squad listing when I get home... These Uni computers are a good place to kill time between lectures and tutes!

Later Da Cowman!

Hey, sorry it's taken so long to get to you all.
But here it is, the squad listing, with reserves and all!

1. Stephen Cowland
  2. Jono Hurley
  3. Alan Shephard
  4. Michael McLaren
  5. Tamika Spooner
  6. Jen Jones
  7. Peter Miller
  8. Greg Bochenek
  9. Andrew Cherrett
  10. Andrew Magill
  11. Dale Fitzgerald
  12. Marc Triulcio
  13. Mark Ward
  14. Rodger Hangan
  15. Mitchell Cook
  16. Brad Cook
  17. JP Li
  18. Jess Seddon
  19. Rob Alston
  20. David Wright
  21. Chris Thomas
  22. Bejamin Adams
  23. Jason Doust
  24. Richard Palma
  25. Tony Murray
  26. Sam Romeo
  27. Glen Anderson
  28. Andrew Lloyd
  29. Kara Triulcio
  30. Ken McLachlan
  31. Mark Lane
  32. Jeff Sinclair
  33. Paul Sutton
  34. Dean Brierley
  35. Don McRae
  36. Kevin McRae
  37. Shaun Cummings
  38. Scott Robertson
  39. Keryn Delaney
  40. Eric Boykett
  41. Shaun O’Hara
  42. Michael Craig
  43. Peter White
  44. Brady Pirie
  45. Brett Larman
  46. Terry Flack
  47. Jeff Salt
  48. Matt McRae

Reserves
Les Harrison
Steve McCaffery
Deanne Church

If you are a reserve be sure to check the site closer to the date to see if you got in.

Thanks again to everyone!!!!
Later Da Cowman!

Jono, you were down from the start. You obviously forgot me asking you about it at Adam's before the first post went on here!

Jen, I'm happy to see it to!!!

Later Da Cowman!

hey

Can u please take jeff salt off the list due to a seniors doubles tourny that day....may be a couple of others that have double booked too

cheers
mark

Can you please remove Les Harrison from your list, as I have also double booked with Seniors @ Mount Druitt.
Thanks,

Do you know when next one will be & where?

Back
Top Bottom