Sport Series in NSW

Would you bowl in a Sport Series at Illawarra StrikeZone?

• Yes, Preferably Monthly

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Yes, Preferably Bi-Monthly

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Yes, 3-5 times a year.

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
Hey Guys and Girls,

I'm looking to see if we can get a Sports Series up and running in NSW.
The concept will be very similar to the one used in Qld.
With Illawarra StrikeZones' brand spanking new Kegel Synthetics and Approaches I can't think of a better time to try and get a series up and running.
I'm looking to see how many poeple would be willing to make the trip down (or up it...) the highway to bowl in a Sport Series at Illawarra Strikezone.
The conditions will, of course, be sport shots. Possibly even some PBA Patterns as well.

As of now, based off 36 entries at an entry fee of $85. You'll get your ten games, moving every game. Winner will be the guy/girl on top after 10 games. Proposed Prize fund.

1st- $450
2nd- $350
3rd- $225
4th- $150
5th- $130
6th- $120
7th- $110
8th- $100
9th- $95
10th- $90
11th- $80
12th- $80

Paying 1 in 3, with top 10 all making money back.

This is merely a feeler. If there is more interest or even a sponsor/s puts their hand up and donates some cash, the prize fund could increase and maybe even a matchplay or Step-ladder to find the days eventual winner.

Let me know guys and girls.

Thanks Stephen.

Later Da Cowman!

would be good to get it running then maybe talk to a couple of centres, and do a rotation

I think the more tournaments the merrier. I think if you got it up and running it would be fairly popular, and open a whole new door for bowling in New South Wales. Hopefully it gets up and going, man.

Bubye

Rowey :p

Good on you cow man! This is exactly the sort of affordable tournament needed to fit in between league play and the majors. (Chuck on a bbq and then everyone at least gets some social interaction.) I'd be keen for 3-5 times a year and would probably bring a mate or two up from Canberra for a day trip. Maybe if it kicked off late-ish morning for the travellers?

Are you thinking of posting the patterns beforehand?

Cheers,
Jason

Jason,

It's a 9am start if we wanna keep the linage down. The BBQ sounds like a great idea and I'll pass that onto the boss and see what she says.
If possible I'll try and post the patterns on here a week or so before the tournament.
If the amount of people wanting it keeps going up we may have our first tournament sooner then expected!
Keep the ideas and replies coming guys and girls!

Later Da Cowman!

Hey Cow
If we miraculously somehow managed to get enough entries...could there be a guys and a girls division?

Hey guys,

We've got 41 people saying that they will bowl, but only 26 names on the list!!!
If you guys don't support it then it won't happen!

Squad listing as of today.

Stephen Cowland
Sue Cassell
Andrew Magill
Yannick Kerjean
Peter Miller
Shaun Carriage
Adam Goldberg
Andrew Lloyd
Sam Romeo
Glen Andreson
Mark Ward
Rob Alston
Jason Doust
Bobby O’Reilly
James Sitters
Matt Sing
Jen Jones
Adam Svechheimers
Jono Hurley
Neil Donnelly
Justin McGlashan
Michael Craig
Marc Triulcio
Ross Sanson
Dayne Johnson
John Carroll

Later Da Cowman!

Hi,

Which date is this? if it is not too late, can you put my name down. thanks.

Regards,
JP li

Hey Stephen,
Could you please put Alan Shephard down on the list as well be able to make it now.

See you there

Hey guys.

Updated Squad Listing.

Good to see the numbers still coming in. 5 More and we've hit our target and then the prizefund can only go up from there!! Keep em coming guys!

1. Stephen Cowland
2. Sue Cassell
3. Andrew Magill
4. Yannick Kerjean
5. Peter Miller
6. Shaun Carriage
7. Adam Goldberg
8. Andrew Lloyd
9. Sam Romeo
10. Glen Andreson
11. Mark Ward
12. Rob Alston
13. Jason Doust
14. Bobby O’Reilly
15. James Sitters
16. Matt Sing
17. Jen Jones
18. Adam Svechheimers
19. Jono Hurley
20. Neil Donnelly
21. Justin McGlashan
22. Michael Craig
23. Marc Triulcio
24. Ross Sanson
25. Dayne Johnson
26. John Carroll
27. Chris Thomas
28. JP Li
29. Cameron Diversi
30. Greg Woods
31. Alan Shephard

Later Da Cowman!

hi,

can you please remove marc t, sorry i cant make it. Ive got cougars on that date.

i think what you are trying to do is great

regards,
Marc

@Mad Tookey: Who are the Cougars playing on the 26th? Does that mean all of the STBL matches for that round will be on the 26th? I play for the Crocs, so i'm wondering if we are playing on this date as well.... i'll have to check the draw when I get home tonigh.

Back
Top Bottom