Sun City Squad lists

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
Lanes are scoring pretty well - I've had 920+/4 the last 3 weeks. Even used resin the last six games.

Mercure Inn Sun City Open Squad list.

As at 10.10.02

Squad A (check-in Sat 8.30 am):

Stephen Hunt (D.C.) (Townsville)
Leigh Harris (Mackay)
Craig O'Neill (Tsv)
Darren Harris (Mky)
Rob Kaluci (Mky)
John Dunn (Mky)
Shaun Dunn (Mky)
Mich Fenech (Mky)
Tyson Jones (Tsv)
Aaron Copp (Tsv)
Deanne Balderson (Tsv)
John Filko (Bris)

Squad B (check-in Sat 12.45 pm) SQUAD FULL:

Madeleine Hill (Cairns)
Kirsty Buckley (Tsv)
Sean Marjanovic (Bris)
Kim Munsen (Bris)
Peter Nadalin (Bris)
Jim Dawson (Bris)
Steve Forster (Tsv)
David Brown (Bris)
Denise Brown (Bris)
David Weild (Hervey Bay)
George Frilingos (Bris)
Bronwyn McKay (Burdekin)
Geoff Ott (Tsv)
Sam Nucifora (Bkin)
Shane Rossberg (Tsv)
Adrian Mann (Tsv)
Craig Hembrow (Cns)
Trent Bosel (Bkin)
Wade Jones (Tsv)
Frank Nucifora (Bkin)
Barry Park (Cns)
Don Ramsey (Cns)
Angelo Nucifora (Bkin)
Joseph Nucifora (Bkin)

Squad C (Check-in Sat 5pm) SQUAD FULL:
Hazel Watkins (Tsv)
Robbie Buckley (Tsv)
Ricky Carlos (Bris)
Gary Norman (Tsv)
Daniel Ponti (Tsv)
Adam Neilly (Tsv)
Chris Carney (Tsv)
Suzie Terrahe (Cns)
Harvey Watkins (Tsv)
Lorraine Riordan (Tsv)
Ken Bebb (Tsv)
Kim Carney (Tsv)
Adam Brown (Tsv)
Paul Atfield (Tsv)
Veronica Acres (Cns)
Greg Langford (Bur)
Rob McGrath (Mky)
Kirsten McKell (Tsv)
Sevester Frilingos (Tsv)
Bluey Grimes (Cns)
Mark Newman (Tsv)
Shane Staer (sp?) (Vic)
Bradley Carr (Cns)
Katherine Doran (Tsv)

Still working on the form guide - can't decide whether George should be 50-1 on or 100-1. Who the hell is Shane Staer?

Rob.

robbie i will take the 50-1 on george anyday!!! :wink: :wink: give me the odds on him making the cut?????

Better make that 200-1 Robbie, things haven't been going that well :D , if thats the case I'll be placing a small bet on myself, you just never know your luck in a big city. I'll be lucky to make the cut (Jeff, I'll be bowling 1 handed for this event).

Looking forward to the Calcutta, I've got my $10 saved up so I hope I don't go for anymore than that. I've heard you have shorten dramatically after shooting an allegded 800+ for 3 recently. Let's see how long the plastic lasts on 19 games of matchplay 8) .

What ever happens, it should be a good event. It's good to see a fair few bowlers attending the event, including over 10 women! I'll be backing up from the Australian Masters at Bankstown, looking forward to change and challenge of the Townsville conditions.

See you in 3 weeks.

Guys, I have George at 50-1 ON (read the post!) - only 100-1 if he bowls 2 handed. As for the 800, - I was really hoping to keep that quiet until after the Calcutta. And I used the Tomahawk, so there. Took out the Jackpot, too! 8)
Anyway, I'm still 500-1 - that's used up all my carry for the next three years. :) Maybe worth $5 in the Calcutta.

The Huntmeister will be starting favorite, IMHO.

Rob.

Calcutta - a calcutta auction is where all of the bowlers in the tournament are raffled off before the tourney. Then, the bowlers are auctioned off one by one. The person who won the bowler in the raffle gets half of what they sell for at the auction. The raffle ticket money and the other half of the auction proceeds goes into a pot to be paid out after the tounament - usually to first-second-third and highest placed lady. The 'owner' of the winning/2nd/3rd place bowler gets the money. Its completely separate from the tournament prizefund, BTW.
Last year, Steve Hunt went for $300 in the auction (so whoever won him in the raffle got $150) and the first place in the Calcutta was about $600, IIRC.

Yeah - box the second and third favorites with the 2 bottomweights and go for the trifecta. :)

Robbie I think you'll find that 1st place in the Calcutta last year was up over $1200. For all the southerners who don't know, the Calcutta bowler auction is a lot of fun and in some years bowlers have sold for $300-$500 dollars. 1st place for Calcutta is usually 70% of the total calcutta money (which is total ticket solds + money bid for bowlers).

Let's start a form guide Robbie based on how much people will go for.... Here's my guesses

Stephen Hunt DC - $250
Robbie Buckley - $150
Me - $2 - $200 (you just don't know how those townsvillians think)
Geoff Ott - $80
Jon Dunn - $70
Steve Forster - $50
Trent Bosel - $100
Wade Jones - $60
Angelo Nucifora - $100
Sammy Nucifora - $100
Daniel Ponti - $2

Robbie and Steve are clear favourites, proven proformers on this dry track. Frilingos's form is questionable after a failed start on the track last season. We'll see if the betting in the ring reflects that. I heard Stephen will shorten in the ring under pressure :lol:

I think you may be right about the Calcutta last year - I might be thinking of the last one in Cairns.
George, you left out the decimal point between the 1 and the 5 on my odds. Back to back 270's shoudn't bring me in that far, surely. :wink: As far as being a proven performer, I've bowled the tourney once and missed the cut, so we'll see.
Angelo's bowling well - got me by 50 sticks or so at the skins in Ayr a couple weeks back, and he opened up with about 520 for the first 2 games. Trent Bosel will be a big chance too, but also watch out for another young local - Aaron Copp - could be the dark horse. As far as the Mexicans go, Sean M. will have the right shot for the condition. And if Rick Carlos can hit the odd tenpin, he might be worth a look.

I'm still working on the form guide, but I need to talk to Steve about some of the locals that I don't know too much about. Be up on Saturday, hopefully.

Blessed are those who fear no condition, for they have never been to Rocky. 8)

Well guys it looks like there might be a couple of scratchings. It has been confirmed today that Sam Nucifora will not be taking part in this years Open due to a lack of CONFIDENCE???? well that's what he has told us anyway. And Joseph Nucifora is still a little indecisive about playing. Will know about Joe by next week hopefully

That's all for now.

Frank N 8) 8)

Well, I guess thats what happens when the big guns come in and give 'em a kickin' on their own lanes :lol:

Hi graham how are you?
Im a new user to this forum and this has be brought upon by some so called pro bowlers that regularly use this forum as the way of telling everyone how good they are.
yes i'm sure you all know who im talking about. Some think they are somehow related, because they both talk in a way that would only make us think they are twins.
Yes you have it ROBBIE BUCKLEY AND GEORGE FRILINGOS.
Well George do i need to say anymore, everyone that is reading this right now will be nodding there head saying how true. George cast back your mind to this very event one year ago when i believe weeks leading up to the event you were doing the exact same as ROBBIE, talking yourself up as if you just came off back to back wins on the pba tour. And where did you come,ohhhhhh thats it didn't even make the cut. LMAO.
And in true form as most of you southerners do, you blamed the lanes the conditions and even went as far as blaming the mechanic.
When the one and only bloke you should of been blaming was the fool behind the shot.
OHHHHHHHHHH but then if you were sponsored, you think you would have a ball for every condition or if you are as good as you say you are then you would adjust like frank nucifora did and make the cut, and i beleive he is a lefty.
Well enough about poor george because he is a freind of mine and don't want to upset him too much. I think he knows he has said some things in the past that he regrets and thats why we all luv him up here.LOL.

ROBBIE BUCKLEY
Who is this bloke? coming into our centres with a sock pulled over his new bowling shoes. Robbie you have won one tournement in two years and all of a sudden you are trying to rate yourself amongst our best like Cara Honeychurch, Andrew Frawley and some youth bowlers that would make you look like a friday night social bowler, eg. Jarrod Lean.
These bowlers dont even brag over their acheivments to there family. So what makes you the cream of the crop? as for your comment about Sammy Nucifora well he probably has alot better reason then wat was stated in frank n comments, as a matter of fact i have just heard that sam has asked his long time girl friend of 6 years to marry him and the answer was yes.
Congrats Sam and i hope the future with your wife to be is a lovely one.
So im thinking financially he is getting his priorities right and putting his entry fee towards some wedding in the future, but like true form and a fool you are, you have jumped the gun and said that he is probably pulling out because you came down to his bowling centre and beat them at there only centre. LMAO.
For your information Angelo did not shoot 520 for the first two he shot just under 500 and you didnt come and beat them at all you only won four skins out of 10, and angelo as far as i have been told beat you in the overall averages.
So where do you get off saying that you have beat them at angelos home centre. Well i think i have said enough on behalf of alot bowlers that use this forum and i hope that your approach to future tournements are alot more sensible than the one you have chosen for this one.

As for your so called high scores you have shot over the last three weeks, i too have shot some australian record breakings scores that still hold but you dont see me jumping on here and telling everyone about it.
Well good luck to you both in the townsville open.
And good luck to you all in your up and coming events say hello to your mum for me.

Hey boys how we all going. I like that little argument thing that is going on in here, it’s very amusing. You whine like little bitches. Basically no-one cares about your predictions and little comments. Hardly any of you no what the hell you are on about. Bottom line:

Stop crying, bring ya shoes and GAME ON when ya get here.

Keep it real

Cheers boys

Onya Sam, congratulations and good luck with the wedding.

Beach Boy - let me know who you are so I can buy you a sense of humor for christmas.

Actually, you have made my day - to be compared with the great GF, what can I say.... :lol:

Rob.

hi guys
well i cant wait till i come up there. sounds like it will be a good tournament.
see you all soon.

Hey Beach Boy, I think you need to stress less.

By the way Robbie, when can we expect to see some more odds and prices out for the whole field? I need to study the form guide a bit closer.

Anyway, keep up the coments! At least some of us out here know how to take it all. :lol: :D

Well here goes a shot in the dark, this is the top 15 men and 5 women i think will make the cut, it will be interesting to see how close i go.

Men (in no particular order)

John Dunn (Mky)
Steve Forster (Tsv)
George Frilingos (Bris)
David Weild (Hervey Bay)
Shane Rossberg (Tsv)
Craig Hembrow (Cns)
Trent Bosel (Bkin)
Frank Nucifora (Bkin)
Barry Park (Cns)
Angelo Nucifora (Bkin)
Robbie Buckley (Tsv)
Gary Norman (Tsv)
Paul Atfield (Tsv)
Steven Hunt (Tsv)
Sean Marjanovic (Bris)

Women
Leigh Harris (Mackay)
Madeleine Hill (Cairns)
Bronwyn McKay (Burdekin)
Suzie Terrahe (Cns)
Katherine Doran (Tsv)

Beach Boy,

Good to see come contraversy on the forum, keeps the people interested. I was impressed by your post, obviously from NQ I'm still having a hard time figuring out who you might be.

I make no excuses for last year, I was very complacent and bowled extremely poorly. Track hasn't invented a ball to make up for the amount of errors I generated last year. I didn't deserve to make any cut. I can only ensure it doesn't happen again.

I really don't think anyone was talking themselves up. I bowl for 3 reasons, fun, friends and money, not necessarily in that order. If you can't have some fun and chat to friends on the net about an upcoming event why bowl? Must you take it that seriously?

It's all in good fun and come the event I'm sure any anamosity can be cleared up with some alcohol.

PS If you are bowling, can I interest you in a side bet, thats when the fun aspect starts for me........ :lol: :lol:

Wild turkey,

I think your pretty close to the mark

NEWSFLASH

HI EVERYONE BROWN BEACH BOY IS BOWLING TOWNSVILLE OPEN.
George your reply from me to your private message is you dont know me and you dont need to know.
Robbie i do have a sense of humour for example, every time i see you i can't stop laughing.LMAO :lol:
Bye all and say hello to your mother for me.

Back
Top Bottom