SQ Rachuig

Morty long time no hear.

Hows it been??

Are you rolling off??? I heard a rumor that you were giving Rachuig a miss this year.

Cut his thumbs off ...
Cut my Whats off? Never heard of them! :wink:

We now have the lefty we've been looking for.
Thats right boys i will look after yas! :wink: I might qualify to roll off for DeVeer but i have got the dying ambition to keep the Rachuig players seats warm in Sydney! Besides that i hear there is a TAB next door to the bowl and we will need someone to run next door to place the bets. :wink:

Yes you might have been mucking around but with how fragile alot of people are at the moment about that sort of joke its just not called for.
Lets try to maintain a sense of humour please boys! By the way who is fragile at the moment? :? :? :? :? :?

Careful Jase ... your almost assuming he will make the team.
Havn't you heard? When i don't make the team i am almost a shoe in to make manager of the team! So the boys on the team tell me! Should be a great week i hope! :wink:

lol ok ronnie stop your child like antics.

lol oh thats right you are a child and spanner one problems he don't need his thumbs.
Cmon mate, lighten up hey! How could i have possibly typed that post anyway when i was under the counter? :wink: :lol: I tell you what Chucky, you sound like a one eyed Spanner supporter! :lol: :cry:

Jase
(AKA)
Captain Freehook
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

Strange world we live,

If i posted it and i get BOMBED!!!!!!!

Find out that Ronnie posts it and now its all fun and jokes :!:

Wat druggs you on Andrew, Morty wouldn't miss it for the world :!: He owns Rachuig :!: :!: :!:

Jase

(aka)
Captain Free Hook

RC said:
Thats right boys i will look after yas! :wink: I might qualify to roll off for DeVeer but i have got the dying ambition to keep the Rachuig players seats warm in Sydney! Besides that i hear there is a TAB next door to the bowl and we will need someone to run next door to place the bets. :wink:

Havn't you heard? When i don't make the team i am almost a shoe in to make manager of the team! So the boys on the team tell me! Should be a great week i hope! :wink:

:wink:

Well mate ... as Manager, you should know that no-one is allowed to leave the bowl until either the lunch break or the ceasement of play, but don't worry - you will read that in the rules.

You should roll off for De Veer mate, if you're eligible. The team is looking pretty good this year, as long as I don't make it.

Spanner.

Jase said:
Strange world we live,

If i posted it and i get BOMBED!!!!!!!

Find out that Ronnie posts it and now its all fun and jokes :!:

Wat druggs you on Andrew, Morty wouldn't miss it for the world :!: He owns Rachuig :!: :!: :!:

Jase

(aka)
Captain Free Hook

Ok .. are your posts capital AKA or are they just aka?

no jase i did not want to type the same post twice. it goes for everything from tweedle dee and tweedle dumb.

And it just way to easy to take shit out on ronnie. i mean damn just look at him.

Lunchtime Thursday update

Women
Rebecca Simpson - Kylie Lack - Tracy Crisp - Kristina Campbell - Kate Wilton - Alison Burany - Kellie Hart.

Men
Philip Fagg - Adam Lack - Damien McAndrew - Shane Hurst - Brian Pilkington - Andrew Christopher - Daryl Alford - David Turnage - Graham Allen - Jason Pearson - Morty Douglas - Ronnie Conquest - Graham Williams.

Great to see some thing dont change :evil: until that happens i wish all those rolling off the best luck. Hope everyone can work around the criteria. :lol:

DB3 out
hamster

p.s next yr it might have a name change and be SQ Rachuig team instead of SQ Morty team :shock:

p.p.s also those that have nominated have paid their fee, have they? :p
And if so did grey-ham williams lose his being that its non-refundable?

just want to know if the rules have changed already :shock:

Thanks for the Vote of Confidence

Thanks for the Vote of Confidence there Tony. I guess the rules have been the same for the last two years. Basically it may be difficult for you to understand but let me spell it out! Make the top seven on pin fall and you are in the team. No additional requirements needed. Eg no pissing in anyone’s pockets… you know stuff like that

As for the name change I think that the official SQ Rachuig title is fine but thanks for your input. It is always good to get input, particularly such negative input from a player that bowled one year and has such a fine record of 11 games 8 losses 3 wins for a 182 average. Perhaps I should have played with a broken hand that year instead of withdrawing.

Yes I have taken this post personally. However every year I want to go and bowl Rachuig, I want to represent my state. To represent my state I pay the 1200 dollars yes I might be able to win some money if I used that on tournament entries but I don’t care about winning money I want to bowl Rachuig. Are you contributing towards the state team going away, maybe in some way through a contribution through a raffle ticket or bowling in an event that raise money, but not directly? The players that are nominating want to bowl, they are happy to pay to go, so why is that you and others instead of supporting these players that are willing to go and bowl Rachuig at their own cost get hailed with great support such as “I predict the Men’s team will finish 7th”

Every year the TBAL Committee has racked its brain to try and change the roll offs, the costs, the conditions, or the timing and still bowlers like you don’t bowl. This year the TBAQ should be commended for it flexibility in trying to move around all ready established tournaments to make sure that every player could have the option to bowl. And your response to that is the rules keep changing. No Change No Format No Cost level will provide an answer to Players that are simply looking for a reason not to Bowl. Mate, you don’t need a reason. If you don’t want to bowl don’t. If you do there is no secret, there is no deals, the formula is simple……Make the Top Seven and you are in. Perhaps I should have just ignored your comment like I have to all the other similar comments that have been made over the last few years, but no, players that make the state team under any format should be supported and fired down continually. Anyway, as it seems now you and your supporters have now finally run out of reasons not to bowl to a point that you seem to have fixated on the fact that have been in the team for some time and are vocal and passionate about Rachuig, if it is really me than get 4 players to nominate plus yourself, you know tournament players, and I will withdraw, start a post if you get the same number of players to nominate and turn up that will bowl if I don’t then I will withdraw.. Basically find the players that will if I don’t and I will be out. Because if it is truly the reason then I would prefer to see those players bowl then to have my presents stop them….. So off you go…..Fine your team….if not look for your next excuse…

Chucky said:
i see a graeme williams there.... Is that the greame??? or is there another with that great name???

Yes I had my nomination submitted for me by an unknown source :) Classic stuff though, I love comedy !! I thought April Fools was tomorrow.

Dear Mr Morty Douglass "Sorry if i spelt it wrong",
Funny use the right bait and you'll get a bite. I like the personal touch.
Because like others i didn't explain myself fully and i cop this from the South Queensland Rachuig Captain. I hope you treat the newcomers with a little more respect.
As an ex-Rachuig bowler i was disgusted with the attack on a fellow Queenslander. We all know him well and he will always be himself but he didn't deserve some of it. Like you he is also passionate about Rachuig, but i couldn't help but notice that on that day when it happened you suddenly became a registered user.Never bothered before that even with all the previous Rachuigs. Its amazing how much support you can generate with a phone call.
My gripe is,Rachuig is for those who can afford it and is not a true test to get the best team possible. Any South Queensland Bowler could make the team with the format, but most can't afford to and luck is needed with the short format. Geez you only have to preform for two days which suits bowlers like yourself to a tee. I feel for the people who preform well week in week out and have things go wrong on the day.Thats why it should be decided over a season of tournaments.Yes its unfortunate that you have to travel so far to compete in tournys but we all have choices to make and if you want something bad enough you'll go after it.
I'm no angel. I'm more like my initials, A D#%* H%^# and yes my record is poor and i make no excuses but you do know alot more to that than you are telling.
Listen, i'm a nobody but heres some advice if you make the team.
Stop the crying routine, people are exactly that people and most of all" its not all about you" which you so kindly pointed out in your post.

And again i would like to wish all those trying out the best of luck and high scores. And those who make the team when its all said and done, GO KICK SOME A%*#

DB3 out
hamster
gerbil
tony hamilton

Yes andrew you don't see my nomination and you wont as i havent posted it.

Sorry for any inconvience,
tony hamilton

ps see you in 72 days. hope you've got that bottle of your finest ready

Tony I'm sorry you didn't nominate.
Thank you for your good wishes for those who do make the team, I know you mean them.
And regarding the other comp - yes I will have a bottle of our finest at the ready.
(Not that there is any way in the wide world that Gold Coast will be beaten)

I hesitate to get involved in this discussion as I dont speak from a position of authority or knowledge, but here goes :oops::

First - let me say that I seriously thought about nominating for Rauchig this year, I mean I think about it every year, but this year more seriously than ever before - I haven't - due the the following personal reasons - money (I simply cant afford it as I intend to go and buy a new car later this year), time (I want to spend as much time as I can with my wife and kids as possible) and lastly commitment (as I want to spend more time with my family, I can't possibly commit the time & effort that would be required in order to both not let the team & myself down). :-({|=

Now then enough about me - I've read the posts on this subject with increasing interest, I find it disurbing the path that they tend to be going down. I mean, this is our state team...regardless of how it is selected, or who is in it, and believe me when i say I am as passionate about rauchig & representing my state as anyone, after all is said & done, can't we all just put our egos, petty hates, and politics aside and support whoever makes the team, whichever way it is selected.

Whether they bowl once league once a week, or tournaments every weekend & represent their country, does it really matter ? They are still OUR TEAM regardless of who they are or what they have or have not achieved. I admit I am no angel (and quite opinionated) and have NEVER bowled for my state or country, but, I support both passionately in any and all endeavours. I have no doubt that this post will attract comments and perhaps even detractors, in the end, I dont care - I can say that who ever makes the Rauchig team will have my full support, respect, and backing and I will try to help where & when I can.

PS: Has anyone noticed that this type of thing doesn't go on with our ladies team, perhaps that says something, after all, they've won rauchig before, haven't they :roll: . It goes without saying that they too have my full support, respect & backing.

This is just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom