SQ State Team Roll-off Round 1

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
SQ State Roll-offs 2006
There were 18 women and 47 men in the first round of the 2006 SQ Rachuig Roll-off at Greenslopes today
Walter De Veer attracted 17 men and 23 women.
The second round of the roll-off will be held at Caboolture on 4th and 5th March.
Nominations for the second round close on 12th February.
All bowlers who intend going on to the second round are asked to confirm their acceptance (if they have not already done so at Greenslopes) with the office by 12 Feb.
TBAQ Office phone number is 3876 5400 - my home number is 5596 2534 – my mobile is 0408 872 940.
Payment ($20) for the second round may be made at Caboolture.
Andrew S.

Attachments

• 2006 WDV Scores Template.xls
    60 KB · Views: 193
  • 2006 Rachuig Scores Template.xls
    54 KB · Views: 272
Also I would like to thank personally all the following people who really helped.
Mary and the Flower Power Team, Kate Wilton, Andrew Christopher and Stella Alford.
And especially to all the bowlers who nominated, thank you so much.

I think the first change that we have seen made to both Rachuig and De Veer has been for the better already. Good to see such a good turn out in numbers compared to previous years. I don’t know the numbers that were for De Veer last year but I can tell you that numbers for Rachuig are like at least 3 times as much. Well done to TBAQ for trying something new and this can only mean better things for the future.

Rachuig 65 nominations = $650.00
De Veer 40 nominations = $400.00

That’s already a helping hand to off setting costs for the teams.
Well done to all that bowled and hope to see most of you up at Caboolture on the next roll off.

Great effort Andrew to give up your whole weekend to do the scores, also luckily for you all 179 didn’t nominate maybe you might have still been there.

;) ;)

Well said Jase, couldn't agree more.

Well done Andrew and your helpers for a great voluntary contribution and to TBAQ/Mary for trying this new strategy. This concept is definately the way to go.:cool:

Cheers

Feral

I'm pretty new to this whole process. On Sunday I paid the full $30 for Walter De Vere. Do I need to call the office to confirm my position for the second roll off or have I done that by paying the $30 already. Can you help me out here so I know what to do.

Thanks

Erin

Erin,

I believe the $30 has booked you into the squad for De Veer at Caboolture.

erin78 said:
I'm pretty new to this whole process. On Sunday I paid the full $30 for Walter De Vere. Do I need to call the office to confirm my position for the second roll off or have I done that by paying the $30 already. Can you help me out here so I know what to do.

Thanks

Erin

That Managers Job Looking good Pete :D
Hope You do alot better in March :confused:

Would hate not to see you in tassie:crazyeye:

Shayne

andrew just confirming i will be at the roll off on the 4th
been too busy at work friday nights to come up and pay the $20

it is fine to pay it on the day isnt it?

cheers
Cam

Andrew S. said:
Yes Cam.
Didnt see you at the Ashmore Team Championships today....
Would have loved to be there

But we had a "customer apperication day" at work which pretty much ment i had to be there from 8am - 9pm

who won?

Was won by a Team of Craig Greenhill, David & Sarah Knowland and Jimmy Murray.
They took home $200 each for the win plus $100 each for the Scratch Team game.
Not such a bad return for a $25 entry fee. 20 teams in all and it paid down to 6th spot which got its money back. They also get a paid entry into the Inter-Centre at the Nationals, Ashmore Shirts, and a Nationals team accommodation allowance of $600.

Andrew,

What happened to the 'deadline' of 12th February for confirmation of being at Caboolture on the weekend of the 4th & 5th of march ?

DaleS said:
Andrew,
What happened to the 'deadline' of 12th February for confirmation of being at Caboolture on the weekend of the 4th & 5th of march ?

Dale,

I may be wrong here but I don’t think there was anytime limit on the registration/nomination form. I don’t remember seeing anything on mine.

DaleS said:
Jase,
Just to make sure I downloaded the Sth Qld Rauchig & DeVeer nomination form from the TBA website and it says:
"A $20.00 nomination to be paid before you bowl in the 2nd roll-off at Caboolture. Nominations for this roll-off will close on 12th February 2006"
Here's the link to the entry form:
http://www.tbaq.org.au/stateteams/SouthQueensland/Rachuig/STHQLD.RACHUIG.DEVEER2006.v3.pdf

Ok like I said I could be wrong, if I am looks like quite a few of us our out then, myself included.
Andrew can you enlighten us please maybe that’s another weekend I can take out the boat.
All of you who didn't meet the deadline boat rides will be from Wellington Point boat ramp.

I asked Andrew this question about two weeks ago and I was told the money could be paid at Caboolture. I think your intention to roll of the second round needed to be advised, however I am sure Andrew will clarify that.

Hope this helps, boat rides another time!:D :D :D

We did state a closing date for second round nominations. However this was for our benefit to get an idea of numbers for lane allocations and prize money. We are not policing this as a firm deadline.
Bearing in mind this is a new format there is still a bit of confusion regarding nominating and as we created that confusion we cant really use it to penalise people.
Our apologies if anyone is upset about us taking nominations after the advertised date, our intentions are good.

Back
Top Bottom