Shame on Melbourne Storm fans

Deadman Inc

1990 − 2011. Retired 2012 − 2013. Back Again 2014
I just want to say how disgusted I am with the fans of the Melbourne Storm after what happened in Sunday's game against the Broncos. Hearing them boo Petro Civoniceva and Brad Thorn every time they had the ball was so disrespectful and plain rude!! Civoniceva and Thorn are two legends of the game and have given so much to rugby league and they did not deserve the treatment they received from Storm fans last Sunday. It was a sad sight seeing Civoniceva walk off for the last time for his beloved Broncos and to see Storm fans shouting abuse and giving him the finger is absolutely disgusting. Civoniceva and Thorn are two of the greats and whether you support the Broncos or not they have earned everyones respect as they are true icons of not only Rugby League but Australian sport in general.

It's too bad Melbourne fans are so bitter after last years Grand Final defeat. I remember how Melbourne fans reacted after the Brisbane Lions won 3 straight premierships and they're still whining because their Melbourne AFL teams can't even make a grand final let alone win one. All I can say is shame on Melbourne fans and I hope Melbourne Storm get beat in the preliminary and I hope an Interstate team wins the AFL flag again.

hate to tell you this deadman inc, but the booing had nothing to do with the loss of last years grand final.

As fans we are over that. The booing was because of Petro's comments about the Storm leading upto to round 22.....and the grapple tackles.....

I did notice that Petro got a penalised on Sunday for performing a grapple tackle.....

As Bellamy said "people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones"....

And what about the BRISEBANE FANS that attacked the news reporter..... Thats a lot worse than booing a player on the opposition team, please give me break..... Booing an opposition player is part and parcel of any team sport.

Was Petro's comments before or after Storm players had the audacity to call Civoniceva and Brad Thorn "soft"? And when Matt King called Hannant "the worst player in the NRL"? Or when the Storm had the Broncos recovery session booking at the Victorian Institute of sport cancelled. It's a proven fact the Storm were using the grapple method of tackling and yes most other teams do it as well. It was all about the fact the Storm lost last year. They are bitter losers but they got their revenge last Sunday. No matter what Petro said the Broncos, just like everyone else including Queenslanders, acknowledge that the Storm are the best team in the comp. No doubt about that.

I remember when the Storm paid tribute to Alan Langer when he retired the first time. It was a great moment and a great show of respect to a legend of the game from the Melbourne fans. But that was before they lost a Grand Final to the Broncos.

What about good ol' Eddie McGuire?? He's the biggest sore loser of them all after the Lions beat Collingwood in back-to-back grand finals. He had the biggest whinge and whine to get the Lions team broken up so they couldn't keep winning premierships.

The actions of the Storm and and Eddie rub off on the fans and it showed last Sunday.

As far as the fans who attacked the reporter, 99% of Broncos fans would not have condoned those kind of actions.

Oh well whats done is done.....GO THE COWBOYS!!

As the game finshed at 3am in S.A i didnt see the end but thats utterly disgraceful act by melbourne.

Brad Thorne and Petero are absolute champs of the game and deserve more respect than that. Brad Thorne was my favourite player for Broncos and the All Blacks he was hard and fair.

Was Petro's comments before or after Storm players had the audacity to call Civoniceva and Brad Thorn "soft"? And when Matt King called Hannant "the worst player in the NRL"? Or when the Storm had the Broncos recovery session booking at the Victorian Institute of sport cancelled. It's a proven fact the Storm were using the grapple method of tackling and yes most other teams do it as well. It was all about the fact the Storm lost last year. They are bitter losers but they got their revenge last Sunday. No matter what Petro said the Broncos, just like everyone else including Queenslanders, acknowledge that the Storm are the best team in the comp. No doubt about that.

I remember when the Storm paid tribute to Alan Langer when he retired the first time. It was a great moment and a great show of respect to a legend of the game from the Melbourne fans. But that was before they lost a Grand Final to the Broncos.

What about good ol' Eddie McGuire?? He's the biggest sore loser of them all after the Lions beat Collingwood in back-to-back grand finals. He had the biggest whinge and whine to get the Lions team broken up so they couldn't keep winning premierships.

The actions of the Storm and and Eddie rub off on the fans and it showed last Sunday.

As far as the fans who attacked the reporter, 99% of Broncos fans would not have condoned those kind of actions.

Oh well whats done is done.....GO THE COWBOYS!!

Its fair to say 85% of Storm supporters are on the bandwagon anyway. 80% of them still rave about Simkins so its clear that THEY ARE NOT OVER THE GRAND FINAL. They are still (despite recent success) unable to sell out Olympic Park - and rely on News Corp to keep them afloat... NOTHING TO GLOAT ABOUT!

Adam, your comment about the Storm and Eddie rubbing off on the fans is spot on.... booing legends of the game, and in some instances encouraging kids to spit over the fence is despicable.

some information for those who live north of the border... its only collingwood fans who listen to eddie, so dont group the rest of us with them..... please!!! ;) and the storm have had a standing booking at VIS at the same time for the past few years, someone at VIS booked the broncos in at the same time, making it double booked. storm's ongoing booking took preference. (and that was a VIS decision not a storm decision by the way) and i dont condone the spitting or abuse given to two greats of the game, nor would you queenslanders condone the actions of your fans who tackled the channel 7 reporter. it is these sorts of actions by "fringe humans" that make the divide between any 2 clubs that much bigger.

Was Petro's comments before or after Storm players had the audacity to call Civoniceva and Brad Thorn "soft"? And when Matt King called Hannant "the worst player in the NRL"? Or when the Storm had the Broncos recovery session booking at the Victorian Institute of sport cancelled.

Brett White called them soft. King calls Hannant the worst player in the NRL. That's sledging.

Petero complains about Grapple tackles ... thats trying to get the ref to pay more attention to the opposition tactics - illegal or not - to gain a penalty or 2.

There is a big difference.

Brett White called them soft. King calls Hannant the worst player in the NRL. That's sledging.
Petero complains about Grapple tackles ... thats trying to get the ref to pay more attention to the opposition tactics - illegal or not - to gain a penalty or 2.
There is a big difference.
No that is not sledging. It's disrespectful. There is a line and it was crossed. As a Queenslander, I can say a lot about a guy like Andrew Johns, but never would I call him over-rated or soft as he was one of the toughest and best players ever.

They are still (despite recent success) unable to sell out Olympic Park - and rely on News Corp to keep them afloat... NOTHING TO GLOAT ABOUT!.

Craig, the entire league needs the News Corp backing to keep afloat. Melbourne gets more fans to most of its games than any of the NSW teams do on a regular basis. Melboournes average home crowd would be in the top 5 of the NRL.

Broncos & Cowboys are really the only teams on a consistent basis that get great home crowds. The Swans in Sydney get more of an average crowd than any of the Sydney based NRL teams.

The league is built around Pay TV rights.

Melbourne gets more fans to most of its games than any of the NSW teams do on a regular basis. Melboournes average home crowd would be in the top 5 of the NRL.

You should probably do some reseach before making claims like that... :rolleyes:

Team - League - Played - Home Crowds - Average
Brisbane Broncos - NRL - 13 - 442,101 - 34,008
Gold Coast Titans - NRL 9 204,971 - 22,775
NQ Cowboys - NRL - 11 - 217,212 - 19,747
Wests Tigers - NRL - 10 - 170,978 - 17,098
Canterbury Bulldogs - NRL - 12 - 197,852 - 16,488
Newcastle Knights - NRL - 12 - 190,563 - 15,880
Souths Rabbitohs - NRL - 12 - 188,448 - 15,704
Manly Sea Eagles - NRL - 10 - 145,265 - 14,527
Parramatta Eels - NRL - 11 - 152,594 - 13,872
New Zealand Warriors - NRL - 12 - 149,314 - 12,443
St George Dragons - NRL - 12 - 145,908 - 12,159
Sydney Roosters - NRL - 11 - 132,157 - 12,014
Penrith Panthers - NRL - 11 - 129,946 - 11,813
Melbourne Storm - NRL - 11 - 128,757 - 11,705
Canberra Raiders - NRL - 11 - 126,704 - 11,519
Cronulla Sharks - NRL - 12 - 137,657 - 11,471

You should probably do some reseach before making claims like that... :rolleyes:

A long way behind Melbourne Victory thats for sure!

Only 15,000 to the first final... Whats the excuse this time?

Brisbane Broncos - NRL - 13 - 442,101 - 34,008
Gold Coast Titans - NRL 9 204,971 - 22,775
NQ Cowboys - NRL - 11 - 217,212 - 19,747
Wests Tigers - NRL - 10 - 170,978 - 17,098
Canterbury Bulldogs - NRL - 12 - 197,852 - 16,488
Newcastle Knights - NRL - 12 - 190,563 - 15,880
Souths Rabbitohs - NRL - 12 - 188,448 - 15,704
Manly Sea Eagles - NRL - 10 - 145,265 - 14,527
Parramatta Eels - NRL - 11 - 152,594 - 13,872
New Zealand Warriors - NRL - 12 - 149,314 - 12,443
St George Dragons - NRL - 12 - 145,908 - 12,159
Sydney Roosters - NRL - 11 - 132,157 - 12,014
Penrith Panthers - NRL - 11 - 129,946 - 11,813
Canberra Raiders - NRL - 11 - 126,704 - 11,519
Cronulla Sharks - NRL - 12 - 137,657 - 11,471

Yeah just missed the spoon again in this also...:D:D

I just want to say how disgusted I am with the fans of the Melbourne Storm after what happened in Sunday's game against the Broncos. Hearing them boo Petro Civoniceva and Brad Thorn every time they had the ball was so disrespectful and plain rude!! Civoniceva and Thorn are two legends of the game and have given so much to rugby league and they did not deserve the treatment they received from Storm fans last Sunday. It was a sad sight seeing Civoniceva walk off for the last time for his beloved Broncos and to see Storm fans shouting abuse and giving him the finger is absolutely disgusting. Civoniceva and Thorn are two of the greats and whether you support the Broncos or not they have earned everyones respect as they are true icons of not only Rugby League but Australian sport in general.
It's too bad Melbourne fans are so bitter after last years Grand Final defeat. I remember how Melbourne fans reacted after the Brisbane Lions won 3 straight premierships and they're still whining because their Melbourne AFL teams can't even make a grand final let alone win one. All I can say is shame on Melbourne fans and I hope Melbourne Storm get beat in the preliminary and I hope an Interstate team wins the AFL flag again.
wah wah wah

put some cement in your corn flakes and harden the F$$$ up

Back
Top Bottom