Queensland the true heartland of Rugby League

Deadman Inc

1990 − 2011. Retired 2012 − 2013. Back Again 2014
Facts: Crowds 2007 (Loyal fans who show up to watch their team)

Round 1 - Broncos v Cowboys 50,416
Round 1 - Titans first game 42,030
Round 5 - Broncos v Titans 47,686
Round 8 - Titans v Cowboys 17,805 (Carrara)...I was there
Round 17 - Broncos v Titans 48,621
Round 18 - Cowboys v Broncos 25,126 (sold out)
Test Match - Australia v New Zealand 35,241
State of Origin 1 and 3 - Sold Out in less than 3 hours

Last year or maybe the year before I went to the test between Australia v Great Britain which drew over 40,000. Test matches played in NSW struggle to get 25,000. NRL games in NSW hardly every reach a crowed of 20,000. Small stadiums hardly ever sell out. I took over 3 weeks to sell 70 odd thousand tickets to the 2nd Origin and still didn't sell it out. Whenever I watch a game at Telstra Stadium it looks like one big empty stadium. Only one game a year Sydney sells-out and thats the Grand Final. Even then there are thousands of people from all parts of the country, especially Queensland who buy tickets for the Grand Final even if its 2 Sydney teams playing. A few weeks ago,a monday night game, freezing cold and raining, yet Suncorp still drew a crowed of 30,000 people to watch the then struggling Broncos play. Now thats loyalty. If it were played NSW no-one would have shown up. They would have all stayed home under their little blankets and watched the game with an empty stadium on tv.

In conclusion Sydney people don't have the passion for Rugby League and for their teams as Queenslanders do. Thats why Queensland have won the past 2 Origin series and all 3 Queensland teams are in the top 8 at the moment.

Queensland - The heart and pride of Rugby League

Nice statement, but did YOU really sell all 70,000 tickets by yourself ? LOL;)
Queenslanders just love our Footy.

Nice statement, but did YOU really sell all 70,000 tickets by yourself ? LOL;)
Queenslanders just love our Footy.
Haha I just noticed that......I was a very busy man for those 3 weeks

Ummmmmm did you read the thread title? Or do you agree with me??

Oh I read it ...

But i dont see what you are getting at. You've made a statement, backed it up with figures, which is fine ... no argument there ... but what do you want me, or others, to acknowledge, or change?

You think the NRL are going to move the Grand Final to QLD? I dont think so.

Oh I read it ...
But i dont see what you are getting at. You've made a statement, backed it up with figures, which is fine ... no argument there ... but what do you want me, or others, to acknowledge, or change?
You think the NRL are going to move the Grand Final to QLD? I dont think so.
Telstra stadium has the rights to the Garnd Final till 2012. No doubt the NRL will give in to public pressure, even from former and current NSW players, to have a Grand Final at Suncorp every 2 years after 2013 onwards and thats what Gallop said himself its a big possibility. And the statement was me making a point and letting it be known the Queensland owns Rugby League.

Telstra stadium has the rights to the Garnd Final till 2012. No doubt the NRL will give in to public pressure, even from former and current NSW players, to have a Grand Final at Suncorp every 2 years after 2013 onwards and thats what Gallop said himself its a big possibility. And the statement was me making a point and letting it be known the Queensland owns Rugby League.

lol.

Gallop wont be there in 2012.

Public pressure? .. what about all the sponsors .. most of which have head offices in ... NSW !! Why would they move it up here when our biggest stadium hold what 44000?

get used to flying to the Grand Final ... I have .. I've been to 6 of them.

Ummm thats 52,500 seat stadium and the undisputed best rugby league stadium in the world. But your right, who gives a rats!! Either way Cowboys, Broncos and Titans will win more Grand Finals than most NSW clubs ever will for the next several years

It's still 30,000 short of what's getting filled for the GF in sydney.

Which at $90 a ticket ... well ... thats a whole lot of money talking.

It's still 30,000 short of what's getting filled for the GF in sydney.
Which at $90 a ticket ... well ... thats a whole lot of money talking.
Yes thats true but it would be more of a spectacle and have an atmosphere the NRL Grand Final deserves if played at Suncorp. Can only mean more money in the long run

Have you been to a grand final? .. if so ... which one?
Last years Grand Final. I must say it was a great experience but I was disappointed with the atmosphere. We had pretty good seats but it still seemed like miles away from the ground. I went to an Origin game down there a couple of years ago and again it was a great experience but the atmosphere just doesn't compare with a sold-out or even half-sold-out Suncorp stadium. I'm not bagging out NSW just the ground itself. Club games can draw 20,000 but it looks like only a few hundred. Its not good for the Game. Build a new better Stadium or go back to the SFS if thats still around

I've been to 6. When the Tigers and the Panthers won it, the atmosphere was great, but you are correct, Suncorp Stadium is the best (it's better when the broncs are losing).

If they move the GF, It'll cost them 2.7 million dollars in lost ticket sales - that's 3/4 of 1 teams salary cap... It's all about money, and plenty of it.

Back
Top Bottom