Rumour Mill

baron

Just heard on the grapevine King FUBAR has been seen bowling at ATBSO events and may be trying out for their State Side. Hmmmm may have to have a crack myself. If anyone has a ATBSO calendar please let me know.
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
Baron

Yoh Baron,the jury is still out on whether I have made a good choice here.
icon_smile.gif

A few weeks ago i heard that the ATBSO was getting up to FIQ..seniors level.That started to get my imagination going.
So i went along to see what it was all about.A really good mate,for 25 odd years ..Al Harman..beat me in a City Masters final in the 70,s,(but never since)was at the door as i arrived..
so your going to join the old farts brigade..he yelled out.
I thought ..oh ****.
When i walked inside the centre i must admit that i was totally overwhelmed,I couldnt have received a nicer welcome by all the members.For the next 21/2 hrs I chatted myself to a standstill.
Thats the really nice part that would make you want to come back again,really nice people.
The down side is the bowling itself..i gotta admit,my competitive spirit just couldnt be summons'ed up.Im still wrestling with "why"
I looked at the field,and somehow i thought of the Perth cup..most would,nt go for it,those that would,only one or two could make the cut...maybe.
Im not as age conscious as most,with a 7 y.o,a 14,and a 16 yo,i dont get a chance to.
Add the Fubars,so i felt a bit like a fish out of water.
A strange rule applies,that if you go for Rachuig,you cant go for the ATBSO.
Do i follow how i feel,or do i do what society exspects.
The jury is still out.
icon_smile.gif

Personally I think you do what you feel you will get the most out of.

Tom I had the pleasure of going away with the ATBSO in 96 to Canberra as their coach, and it was one of my better trips away, more for the social side than the bowling.

Dont get me wrong the guys busted a gut doing the best but against the likes of Ferguson, Bernadin, Belly and Mr Magic himself Sully the deep in the other states was way and beyond what WA had to offfer at that time

It would be a huge lift to WA ATBSO for you to join them but what will it do to your bowling?

Will you ever bowl Rachuig again?

Do you want to win or have a nice time?

Answer these 3 questions and you will find your answer.

As for Baron joining you, hmmm that would mean bowling on average 6 more games a month could you handle the extra load Baron?
LOL
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom